Team-BHP - Pioneer Speakers - Which one with 944 amplifier?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Pioneer Speakers - Which one with 944 amplifier? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/1805-pioneer-speakers-one-944-amplifier.html)

Hi

I am upgrading the system in my car. Currently, what I already have is:

1. Pioneer headunit - 6025
2. Pioneer 12 cd changer
3. Pioneer 944 series amplifier
4. Pioneer 800w subwoofer.
5. Entirely custom made MDF rear platform to host speakers and subwoofer.

Now I want to know which speakers to opt for. I went to my auto guy and the range is mind-boggling as well as darned confusing.

I have narrowed the choice down to Pioneer 690R, 6975 and the 6990.

My music collection is diverse..at best. I like Guns n roses as much as I like ghazals. Techno is on a lot of the times, as is american pop from the 60's. Hip-hop and R&B is what I listen to first thing in the morning.

The kind of sound output I want is deep bass (like in nightclubs), with a good dose of treble (I am a sharpness fan).

Any suggestions are most welcome,

Thanks in advance,

GTO

I have a pair of 6990 5 way in my Vtec + 3 way alpine in the fron doors - they sound great but the bass is not that deep as I would have expected - it improved after a month (once the speakers loosended up). A possible reason could be that the amplifier is not that powerful. Since you have a subwoofer, this may not be an issue. However, the mid to high range is crystal clear! Since you have a sub woofer, go for circular speakers for better clarity. Hope this helps.

Ajmat,

Thanks a load bro for your help. Finally I went in for the 5 way Pioneer 6990 itself. You are right, though the bass on the 690R was more, the 6990 is more of an allrounder. Plus I got the sub, so didnt have to worry about the bass.

Thanks again

GTO

P.S. As self-proclaimed car guys, we now have atleast three things in common

Cheers

GTO

GTO, nice setup.

Which car are you putting the system in. Do you have any pics?

What are you gonna use for your front speakers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Mar. 20 2004,14:21)]The kind of sound output I want is deep bass (like in nightclubs), with a good dose of treble (I am a sharpness fan). *

What about the mid range buddy?
Keep the level at 0 in your fader control. It'll (should) give you a balanced bass. Just a thought.
Rudra.

Hey guys I need you guys help I plan to install a new system in my baby this is what I am looking at check it out
1. 1400watt sub woffer
2. 500watt amp
3. oval speakers , the round ones in the front, and tweeters ( specifications not decided yet )
4. And a new player
Now what I need you guys to do is give me ur opinion or if you have sugestions lay it down guys
* * * * * *( WAITING ):;):
This whole system I plan to get in SONY EXPLOD if there is a better option lay it down guys

Team Fiat

Check out my Vtecs Sound system

GTO