Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2016, 11:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour now gets SYNC3, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay

Ford India has added its latest SYNC3 infotainment system to the feature list of its flagship SUV - the Endeavour. With this addition, the Endeavour now gets Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.

The SYNC3 system will be offered only on the top-end Titanium variant. The Trend models will continue to be equipped with the older SYNC2 unit.

The SYNC3 system offers various new features over the one it replaces. The presence of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto allows one to access his smartphone's apps on the infotainment screen, including Siri, Google Maps, music, phone, messages, etc. The SYNC3 system also supports over-the-air updates through WiFi. Ford further claims that the new system gets more powerful computing and is said to be more responsive than the previous unit. It continues to offer features like Emergency Assistance, which calls emergency services in case of an accident, and the climate control unit too can be accessed from the infotainment screen itself.

This new system might be Ford's attempt to pull customers away from the 2016 Toyota Fortuner, which doesn't get Android Auto or Apple CarPlay connectivity.

Ford Endeavour now gets SYNC3, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay-1249172229996.jpeg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 8th November 2016 at 11:17.
dZired is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 13:54   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour now gets SYNC3, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay

Quite a feat considering that 1+ crore cars like the 7-Series only just got Apple CarPlay. BHPian Mad Monkey was raving about the Sync3 in his brand new Endeavour 3.2.

Nothing like an integrated solution as we anyway carry all our music etc. on our smartphones today. Even when it comes to navigation, I much prefer Google Maps over the OEM system in my car.

Another advantage is playing audio over USB; undoubtedly superior sound quality compared to Bluetooth (which most of us use).

What I wouldn't give to have Android Auto in my car. Sighhhhhh....for now, I'll have to make do with halfway-there solutions like the standalone app.

Hat's off to Ford for making the best 35 lakh SUV even better . I wish my family needed a 7-seater SUV right now, so that I could buy the Endeavour 3.2. But there is no such need!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 19:04   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nothing like an integrated solution as we anyway carry all our music etc. on our smartphones today.
True, though I could not get Maps from Iphone, Android Auto worked flawlessly with sync3.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour now gets SYNC3, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay-4pm.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour now gets SYNC3, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay-5-pm.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour now gets SYNC3, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay-1pm.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour now gets SYNC3, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay-2pm.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 11:03   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
True, though I could not get Maps from Iphone, Android Auto worked flawlessly with sync3.
Sweet!

Another advantage of Android Auto / Apple CarPlay is that you get the same familiar interface in every car (vis a vis learning proprietary systems which are all different).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks