Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2017, 16:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW owners: Now get Apple CarPlay / Android Auto on your head-unit (MIB II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
Can someone with 2017 Polo GT TSI please confirm what's the scene with Android Auto in the car? I visited the VW showroom on Hosur road in Bangalore, but the GT TSI available there was a 2015 model and just had MirrorLink.

I am considering buying a GT TSI as a daily drive, primarily due to the DSG, but don't want to be constrained for lack of MirrorLink on my phone (how many phones really have it!?) and lack of Android Auto in the head unit in the Polo.

If someone can confirm that Android Auto works/does-not-work in stock 2017 Polo GT TSI with/without having to buy VW App Connect package, that will help me negotiate better. Thanks.
Android Auto will not work in Polo - VW App Connect it only for MIB2 systems sold in Jetta. You can buy a replacment HU from Aliexpress to enable Apple Carplay.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 21:36   #17
BHPian

Yes, I happened to come across a 2017 Polo GT TSI and didn't find Android Auto on it.

By the way, I got a hesitant confirmation from a VW sales rep that a Polo GT facelift is in the offing, when I told her that I would wait for a facelift rather than confirming a booking now. I was surprised since I had half expected her to deny that news and press on to make a sale somehow. She mentioned Android Auto is one of the features that would make it in the new GT, which means the HU is going to get upgraded.

She wasn't sure about the date by which it will be announced though.
Old 28th August 2017, 13:54   #18
anb
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, I got a hesitant confirmation from a VW sales rep that a Polo GT fa
A friend took delivery of new Polo GT TSI last day. He says his car has rcd 330 plus with android auto and apple car play.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 15:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
A friend took delivery of new Polo GT TSI last day. He says his car has rcd 330 plus with android auto and apple car play.
Even the new brochure of Ameo confirms Android Auto as well as Apple Carplay for Highline Plus trim. The photos on brochure suggest the upgrade is offered on RCD 330G Plus.
Old 5th September 2017, 10:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I happened to come across a 2017 Polo GT TSI and didn't find Android Auto on it.
Even Vento's are now being delivered with Android Auto / Apple Car Play.
Refer this POST for images
You can check with dealer on availability for Polo GT TSI.

Cheers!
Old 7th September 2017, 19:25   #21
BHPian

I saw today, a Polo GT TSI that was taken delivery today with an ICE model 6RF 035 187C from Tirunelveli. And I did notice the mentioning of Android Auto version some where in its settings. The Sales rep was stating that this is the first car that he is seeing with this new setup. Also he was saying that the car has come with factory fitted 16" alloys.
Old 7th September 2017, 21:17   #22
BHPian

Would definitely be interested to pick up the system once it's available online. I am sure we will see it on Ali Express within the next month or so. Model no seems to be 340 G
Old 14th September 2017, 16:17   #23
BHPian

I'm getting a new Polo Highline and have been just informed by the RM that they have upgraded the ICE to 6.5" Touchscreen and it shall include Android Auto and Car Play but unfortunately they have removed the RainSensing Wipers.
Old 7th October 2017, 21:17   #24
BHPian

Need inputs in getting my VW Polo Head Unit in refreshing the software.
I got a new Polo and it has come equipped with Carplay and Android Auto. I wanted to install a rear camera and took it to my nearest Car accessories dealer. He installed the camera and it was working fine but my car play stopped functioning thereafter. It just states App Connect not Supported whenever I press the App button on connecting via cable it states iPod loading and then nothing happens. I have even removed the camera setup and restored everything to factory still the issue hasn't resolved. Need guidance in restoring the functionality.
Old 31st October 2017, 14:30   #25
Ess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitbhutoria View Post
Need inputs in getting my VW Polo Head Unit in refreshing the software.
I got a new Polo and it has come equipped with Carplay and Android Auto. I wanted to install a rear camera and took it to my nearest Car accessories dealer. He installed the camera and it was working fine but my car play stopped functioning thereafter. It just states App Connect not Supported whenever I press the App button on connecting via cable it states iPod loading and then nothing happens. I have even removed the camera setup and restored everything to factory still the issue hasn't resolved. Need guidance in restoring the functionality.
I faced the exact same problem last month with our new GT TSI. Fortunately, there is a solution to this.

My car accessories guy installed the rear view camera and used some sort of instrument (not a VCDS) to enable it. I assume it simply changes the code of the head unit (byte 3 from '00' to '40' in 56-Radio) to enable the rear view camera, which can be done through a VCDS as clearly explained by maddyguage in his thread which can be found here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4114743

The rear view camera was now functional. However, after making the change in the code mentioned above, pressing the App button would display 'App-Connect not supported'. I connected my VCDS and saw that byte 3 was successfully changed to '40' from '00'. I tried changing it back to '00' to see if the App-Connect would turn back on, but unfortunately it did not . As I did not have the original coding since I had never run a scan on the system with the VCDS prior to this installation, I had no idea if the rest of the code was inadvertently changed by the car accessories dealer. And he had no idea about the coding at all. He claimed that he had done several installations of the camera on Polos, but this was the first on the new head unit.

I took the car to a VW service center and one of their technicians connected it to their VAS. He did an online scan and reset the system to the original coding, and voila! App-Connect was back! But, the reverse camera was disabled. I asked the technician to check what happens if the camera is enabled by changing ONLY byte 3 in the 56 - Radio Module. Strangely, changing this one byte somehow changed a whole lot of other parts of the code along with it, again disabling app-connect in the process.

Not wanting to risk it any further, I asked him to reset the module, which enabled App-Connect again and drove off. So I now have App-Connect functional, but no reverse camera enabled.

There are two ways to go about fixing your problem. If you're friendly with your VW service center technicians, ask them to connect it to their VAS and do an online scan to reset it to the factory default coding. Or, if you have a VCDS available with you, you could change the code to '0E 00 04 00 00 00 0F', which is the code that is currently on my system.

Let me know if this works out.
Ess is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 23:52   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess View Post
I faced the exact same problem last month with our new GT TSI. Fortunately, there is a solution to this..

Let me know if this works out.
Hi thanks for the resolution. What I did is take it to the VW service centre and ask them to reset the ICE. I had already removed the camera as I was certain that this it was a root cause. They tried a lot and then App Connect was reflected still when connecting my phone it didn't display Carplay but when connected to another carplay enabled Polo it was working and then on connecting back to my ICE it was back to normal again.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 31st October 2017 at 23:56. Reason: Reducing quoted text for readability
Old 28th January 2018, 17:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If you own a late model VW Polo / Vento / Jetta with the MIB II system, you're in luck.

Big thanks to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sharing the following information:

Attachment 1576145

Attachment 1576146
Do the same accessories apply for the GTi as well?

My GTi does not have app connect. Can only play music from my phone via bluetooth.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th October 2018 at 13:21. Reason: Formatting quoted post
Old 30th January 2018, 15:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,

So I am confused and need help with regards to Android Auto & Apple CarPlay.

I have a 2011 VW Polo 1.6 with an after market headunit which is the Alpine ICS-X8 and a 2015 VW Jetta Highline DSG with the stock RCD 510 headunit. I plan to change both HUs with ones having Android Auto & Apple Car Play. My main purpose is for Maps & Navigation.

Now we know that Apple Maps & Navigation is useless in India but one can download Google Maps on an Apple device and use it flawlessly. My confusion is - If I have a headunit that had Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, will I be able to 'mirror' and use Google Maps on this headunit through my iPhone?

If not, will I have to connect only an Android phone (I also use a BlackBerry Priv) to use Google Maps on this headunit? I am confused as t what headunit will serve my purpose.

For the Polo - I believe I should use an after market system as I require one with Time Alignment and stuff.
For the Jetta - I believe it is the RCD 330G Plus? I am told that the 'Climate Control' will not display on the screen on the headunit.

Please help in clearing my confusion.
Old 19th June 2018, 12:28   #29

Hi GTO
I just bought a PoloGTI and I event been able to get the Apple Car Play working
Is it a Hardware update or a software or both.
Is it a 3rd party upgrade or has to be done by VW ?
Xantos

Quote:
If you own a late model VW Polo / Vento / Jetta with the MIB II system, you're in luck.

Big thanks to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sharing the following information:

Attachment 1576145

Attachment 1576146

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th October 2018 at 13:21. Reason: Formatting quoted post
Old 12th October 2018, 16:00   #30

Hi GTO
Ive been trying to get the Car Play working on my PoloGTI but VW in Kurla dont have a clue
Anybody in Mumbai who'd be able to get this working ?
Xantos

Quote:

Attachment 1576145

Attachment 1576146

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks