Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2007, 01:03   #151
Senior - BHPian

Nice job ankur..
What is your ice setup ? and what you can do with your car pc ?
Old 24th January 2007, 13:23   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Nice job ankur..
What is your ice setup ? and what you can do with your car pc ?
Thanks Mugen,
My ICE is basically the CarPC with all its peripherals and the audio consists of :
Audison SRx 5 Amp
Hertz ESK 165 components in the front
Hertz ECH 165 coaxials in the rear
Hertz ES 380 15" sub in a ported box

The system basically covers the entertainment (Audio/Video), Navigation using Mapking, Communication (Internet and Handsfree phone using bluetooth), Engine parameter display using OBD connectivity, and almost anything a PC can do. Something part of the system but not part of the PC is the reverse camera/sensor setup.

For the software capabilities you can check out Flux Media™

cheers.
Old 24th January 2007, 17:43   #153
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Ankur: Post some screen caps Of the actually PC working or some shots of the screen only! also the MMI controlerrrrr
Old 24th January 2007, 18:54   #154
Suryam

Ankur: It is fantastic piece of work and effort.

I have following queries:

* What is the CPU+total board power consumption in Watts without any audio/dvd/screen enabled. Only CPU with modem and GPS working.
* What is CPU load at the above load only
* What is the EPIA board ( or CPU) claimed Wattage at 100%-CPU-load and avg-CPU-load and sleep-mode.
* What is the cost of your EPIA board and where did u purchased

Why I ask these questions is:
How much time it takes the CPU to drain the battery with lowest possible load(with GPS and Modem on)

Old 25th January 2007, 13:35   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryam View Post
Ankur: It is fantastic piece of work and effort.

I have following queries:

* What is the CPU+total board power consumption in Watts without any audio/dvd/screen enabled. Only CPU with modem and GPS working.
* What is CPU load at the above load only
* What is the EPIA board ( or CPU) claimed Wattage at 100%-CPU-load and avg-CPU-load and sleep-mode.
* What is the cost of your EPIA board and where did u purchased

Why I ask these questions is:
How much time it takes the CPU to drain the battery with lowest possible load(with GPS and Modem on)
No clue about the actual usage, i was thinking of putting an ammeter somewhere but havent so far.

Bottom line, 20-25 mins on the full load, havent tried to drain on a low load yet. I am trying hard to convince JB and Gunbir that i should install a second battery with an isolator, i hope to win . Currently i have a 42A Amaron Pro battery.

The board i am using is the EN15000, you can check out the specs on the VIA site. It costs me about $220 from USA, i tried to get it in India but the VIA dealer quoted Rs.18000 and a 4 week delivery, pathetic.

cheers.
Old 25th January 2007, 13:43   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Ankur: Post some screen caps Of the actually PC working or some shots of the screen only! also the MMI controlerrrrr
Here is the Audi MMI controller, its an actual spare part for an A3. All the buttons function and the rotary control also has a push button.

The underside

Day time

Night time - connected to the car's illumination

Here is another view

Last edited by ankur : 25th January 2007 at 13:44.
Old 25th January 2007, 13:49   #157
BANNED

hey in the setup ..u can see the reverse camera only when the reverse gear is in?...dont u have any seperate setup to see the camera while you are moving forward??...that would have been realy cool...
Old 25th January 2007, 13:53   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
hey in the setup ..u can see the reverse camera only when the reverse gear is in?...dont u have any seperate setup to see the camera while you are moving forward??...that would have been realy cool...
This camera is only for reverse, doesnt make sense to see the reverse camera while in forward motion, besides i think its dangerous and thats why you have the rear view mirror kinda in the line of sight.

I do plan to put a night vision camera based on infra red lighting sometime at a later stage, but i will probably use some kind of HUD type of scenario.

cheers.
Old 25th January 2007, 14:19   #159
BHPian

Pictures of the interface running at night

Here is Windows XP booting up

Then it directly loads Centrafuse as the shell instead of Explorer

Main screen

The media screen

Full screen visualizations

The weather

The mixer

Mapking GPS embedded in Centrafuse

Video playback

The settings menu

The phone
Old 25th January 2007, 15:08   #160
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful!

Do let us know how stable windows is in the car. What is the SPEED Edition?
Old 25th January 2007, 17:38   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Beautiful!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Do let us know how stable windows is in the car. What is the SPEED Edition?

LOL, stable and windows in the same sentence, thats a hoot. But seriously its as stable as on any desktop/laptop running supported hardware and software. I take care not to install un-necessary software on any windows install. I did have some issues related to standby/hibernation but i have now set it up for shutdown on ignition off and that is working fine.

The SPEED EDITION is just a simple boot skin that i used for it to be a little more custom and personal and i thought its a little more meaningful in the car.

cheers.

Last edited by ankur : 25th January 2007 at 17:39.
Old 27th January 2007, 10:22   #162
Team-BHP Support

Ankur, You car is as special and unique as Rudra's Amby. These are cars I have put on my must see list if and when I ever visit (dont worry I rarely travel within India and you will be intimated before I visit). Rudra is in Bangy.
Old 27th January 2007, 11:25   #163
BHPian

wow Navin. I feel honored . You are most welcome if you do happen to visit Delhi.Sorry if the message seems abrupt, I am in Jabalpur and dependant on my phone and airtel to keep me connected.cheers.
Old 1st March 2007, 11:57   #164
BHPian

Hi! Ankur...

Your System is excellent and looks very neat factroy feated. Heads up to you for your patience and hardwork to compelete your project.

I am planning to install my carputer and doing the research since last 3-4 months and alreaady I have purchased some HW. Just yesterday only while doing a goole I came across this forum and wow got amazed seeing your install. Some where I read in your post we are living in a wrong country to fullfill our techno dreams. Specially getting equipments is hard.

I need your help to get some HW. I need to understand from where you ordered, what was the payment method, how much was duty....etc tec. I have already planned the way I am going to do my install, but due to the parts, my project is going in very slow speed.
Old 1st March 2007, 12:29   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sys_whiz View Post
Hi! Ankur...

Your System is excellent and looks very neat factroy feated. Heads up to you for your patience and hardwork to compelete your project.

I am planning to install my carputer and doing the research since last 3-4 months and alreaady I have purchased some HW. Just yesterday only while doing a goole I came across this forum and wow got amazed seeing your install. Some where I read in your post we are living in a wrong country to fullfill our techno dreams. Specially getting equipments is hard.

I need your help to get some HW. I need to understand from where you ordered, what was the payment method, how much was duty....etc tec. I have already planned the way I am going to do my install, but due to the parts, my project is going in very slow speed.
Hi,
I would be glad to help out in any way, just replied to your PM.
cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks