Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 11:37   #211
Senior - BHPian

pop-up monitor for CarPC

Hi!

Are there any pop-up monitors that can sit ontop of a Safari Dash ? Motorized or otherwise ?

thanks
srini
Old 27th November 2008, 21:38   #212
BHPian

Centrafuse XLE and navigation

Ankur,

Am a little confused. If we buy centrafuse std can we still use satguide maps i.e does it still come with destinator?

Or we need to buy the one with navigation and replace the maps with satguide maps?
Old 28th November 2008, 15:30   #213
BHPian

Yes i does, i can confirm as i dont use the navigation version. It still comes with the destinator app just no maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
Ankur,

Am a little confused. If we buy centrafuse std can we still use satguide maps i.e does it still come with destinator?

Or we need to buy the one with navigation and replace the maps with satguide maps?
Old 28th November 2008, 15:32   #214
BHPian

The popup monitors are usually in dash monitors that will go into the DIN space and come out towards you. If you want something like it does in the Volvo's you will have to construct it. Search in Google, many people have tried something like this. But its a pain and you will have to cut up your dash.

cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Hi!

Are there any pop-up monitors that can sit ontop of a Safari Dash ? Motorized or otherwise ?

thanks
srini
Old 28th November 2008, 20:10   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur View Post
Yes i does, i can confirm as i dont use the navigation version. It still comes with the destinator app just no maps.
Thanks mate! This helps - I was getting all twisted!!!!
Old 29th November 2008, 20:01   #216

Hi Guys,
This is Patrick from Chennai. I am looking for a car PC. Found a website. Car PC Systems | Vehicle Infotainment Solutions | iRide Technologies, Mumbai, India. These guys are from Mumbai. Spoke to them over phone. They build a car PC. Probably will look into it this time in Mumbai and shed more light.

Regards

Patrick
Old 30th November 2008, 21:59   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrack1in View Post
Hi Guys,
This is Patrick from Chennai. I am looking for a car PC. Found a website. Car PC Systems | Vehicle Infotainment Solutions | iRide Technologies, Mumbai, India. These guys are from Mumbai. Spoke to them over phone. They build a car PC. Probably will look into it this time in Mumbai and shed more light.

Regards

Patrick
All the best Patrick, just make sure you read all the thread on the forum for everyone's experiences so you can learn from that.

cheers.
Old 10th December 2008, 21:47   #218
BHPian

Ankur,

Where did you put your slot loading dvd drive on the vehicle? I could not see anything on the fascia.

Whats the best bet?
Old 15th December 2008, 19:58   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
Ankur,

Where did you put your slot loading dvd drive on the vehicle? I could not see anything on the fascia.

Whats the best bet?
Hi,
Actually i had in in the airbag slot on the left. Not accessible without removing the cover and i had thought i will install it properly later. I found that i wasnt using it at all. All my media needs were looked after the hard disk and USB drives thanks to the usb connectors in the front. So i have now actually removed the dvd drive from the car.

cheers.
Old 17th December 2008, 02:00   #220
BHPian

Ankur. Are you using external sound card for connecting Speakers ?
I am installing caputer in my Swift next month.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ift-vdi-2.html
After installing mobo in enclosure. There is no space for PCI Creative SB Live Soundcard.
So I would like to know the connectivity.
Thanx.
Old 17th December 2008, 15:21   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Ankur. Are you using external sound card for connecting Speakers ?
I am installing caputer in my Swift next month.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ift-vdi-2.html
After installing mobo in enclosure. There is no space for PCI Creative SB Live Soundcard.
So I would like to know the connectivity.
Thanx.
Hi,
I had a similar problem, taking a small case has its disadvantages. I use a SB audigy 2 NX USB sound card. Its pretty decent and not too expensive. SB has a new USB card out now, not sure about the pricing but you can find out. An alternative is to use a PCI riser card, that also depends on your mobo and case but take a look at that option too.
cheers.
Old 26th December 2008, 09:12   #222
BHPian

[quote=ankur;355865]Sadly yes its running windows and there have already been crashes but i have no choice over the operating system. The device support that in windows is just not there in other operating systems.

Here is what went into it :
VIA EN15000 motherboard with a C7 processor
1 GB DDR RAM
40GB Seagate notebook HDD
Opus 120W car power supply for the main system
Opus 80W car power supply for the peripherals
Xenarc 700TSV 7" VGA touchscreen
SB Audigy 2 NX USB sound card
Pioneer slot loading USB DVDR
Belkin 7 port USB hub
HQCT FM tuner
Linksys USB WiFi adapter
Belkin USB Bluetooth adapter
Audi MMI controller modified to work as a USB device
USB GPS receiver
Elmscan 5 OBD II scanner
Wireless keyboard with built in tracking stick

Hi,

As i am interested in doing CAR PC & came across your thread, i have question/required details about the parts used in your system.

Is thier any particular reason to have 2 power cards, Bcaz 200/250w supply cards available?

Can i get full control of PC with VGA Touch sreen? by not connecting Keyboard & Mouse/trackball?
Old 30th December 2008, 14:13   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post

Hi,

As i am interested in doing CAR PC & came across your thread, i have question/required details about the parts used in your system.

Is thier any particular reason to have 2 power cards, Bcaz 200/250w supply cards available?

Can i get full control of PC with VGA Touch sreen? by not connecting Keyboard & Mouse/trackball?
Hi,
I opted to get 2 PSUs as i wanted to get enough power for my main PC as well as the accessories. Another reason was that i needed to get 2 separate voltages for the accessories. If you read the specs for the 80W PSU you will see that its a dual output version that gives me 5v and 12v and i needed both those voltages for the peripherals. Also there is some distance between the PC and the peripherals so having 2 PSUs also helps me keep the power wiring shorter and simpler.

You can kinda get full control, your finger will act as a mouse and work on the screen depending on how thick it is and how small is the object you are trying to touch. I get around some of the tiny objects by using a small plastic stylus.

The keyboard ofcourse is a problem and you will be better off getting a wired or even better a wireless keyboard as the onscreen options are a pain. My choice for a wireless keyboard would be a logitech dinovo mini that i have used for some time.

All the best for your project.

cheers.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:08   #224
BHPian

Hi,

Thank's for your reply, I will be in touch with you for my project.......
Old 5th July 2010, 18:44   #225
sun
BHPian

Updates ?

Hello Ankur,

Had been following this thread for some time, now that I have almost finished my carpc on my safari (will post details in another thread), would like to have a long term usage update on your pc..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks