Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2016, 18:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti: Upgraded to the RCD330 Plus head-unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambodara View Post
AliExpress.
There you go. The same seller did not have the frame. Please be advised, it took 2-3 weeks for the frame to arrive. That depends on the courier I guess. The funny thing is both frame and stereo arrived on the same day! They were ordered almost 15 days apart and seperate courier. Frame quality is very nice and fit is good as seen in the pictures above. Again, this seller was the only one who responded so I ordered through him.
Edit: following the link, I see the first review made by me!
Excellent! Many thanks for the help. I have also been eyeing this particular Android unit -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andr...9991&tpp=1

The seller mentions that it is compatible with a 2012 Yeti and the reviews look good. But, I am not sure whether it is a wise idea to plonk 240$ + customs on a full-blown upgrade to an Android HU for a 4+ year old car. It is going to be a heart vs head decision whenever I do make the choice
hrishik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 11:24   #17
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti: Upgraded to the RCD330 Plus head-unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishik View Post
The seller mentions that it is compatible with a 2012 Yeti and the reviews look good. But, I am not sure whether it is a wise idea to plonk 240$ + customs on a full-blown upgrade to an Android HU for a 4+ year old car. It is going to be a heart vs head decision whenever I do make the choice
I am scared of these flashy Head Units. You can buy a nice phone holder and keep it just below the Head Unit... that will serve the purpose of navigation and media player etc ( I do not recommend using touch phones for music while driving) . I have no idea about any good unit though. Just like keeping things as OEM as possible.
lambodara is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed