Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2019, 09:55   #406
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
I tried contacting / connecting with Shalinder from Delhi, but his attitude is horrible. He barely spoke to me for 20 seconds (tried thrice), gave me inflated prices and sounded as if he was doing me a favour. Taking my chances with AE. Not doing business with someone who doesn't want to!
I had a similar experience as well. Called him up, he said he was busy and hung up. Called up twice later, didn't pick up the call nor did he have the courtesy to call me back. Possibly a busy man. I gladly gave the business to a Ali vendor. Got the unit without any hassles within a week.
Old 16th September 2019, 10:05   #407
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I had a similar experience as well. Called him up, he said he was busy and hung up. Called up twice later, didn't pick up the call nor did he have the courtesy to call me back. Possibly a busy man. I gladly gave the business to a Ali vendor. Got the unit without any hassles within a week.
Too busy to attend to a customer

Did you buy from Lemon Shark? Any custom duty issues? Who did they use to ship to you.
Old 25th September 2019, 12:16   #408
BHPian

Greetings.
Need Help from the experts.
My brother's 2014 Comfortline VW Polo's Audio system powers on automatically on its own even without the key in the ignition slot.
What could have gone wrong..
Old 26th September 2019, 09:22   #409
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Greetings.
Need Help from the experts.
My brother's 2014 Comfortline VW Polo's Audio system powers on automatically on its own even without the key in the ignition slot.
What could have gone wrong..
What do you mean by automatically? - all VW audio systems work without turning on the ignition. if it turns on without even touching it, it maybe something wrong with the audio system itself, at least never happened with me.
Old 27th September 2019, 03:50   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
What do you mean by automatically? - all VW audio systems work without turning on the ignition. if it turns on without even touching it, it maybe something wrong with the audio system itself, at least never happened with me.
What I meant was, after I turn off the music system, lock the car and leave, my watchman comes up to my flat and says the music system is still playing!!
This happened few times. Please suggest what must be wrong.

Thank you.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th September 2019 at 05:35. Reason: Edited to remove dotty posting style.
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:09   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse View Post
Does the Call records and other details of Bluetooth show on the MID? (instrument cluster). Thinking of getting the Dessay 187B for my Jetta MK6 2012 Comfortline. Currently I had changed my stock unit to the RCD510. Now want to get it with parking sensor and bluetooth.
my conclusion is that the OPS does not work on RCD units in Jetta TL or CL variants. may work in the HL variant. that said, the 187B is an excellent unit by itself, especially if you use Android Auto. the sound quality is also pretty good.
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:08   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemanhiflier View Post
my conclusion is that the OPS does not work on RCD units in Jetta TL or CL variants. may work in the HL variant. that said, the 187B is an excellent unit by itself, especially if you use Android Auto. the sound quality is also pretty good.
Agree on this.. The sound is surely much more better than the RCD510. I am unable to get the camera working. Have done pretty much all of the right connection. See the diagram below:
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-whatsapp-image-20190917-3.55.32-pm.jpeg  

Old 3rd October 2019, 10:23   #413
Senior - BHPian

See below:

Check if A is connected to Power in your fuse box. And that E is correctly connected to the reverse light
Old 5th October 2019, 05:44   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Agree on this.. The sound is surely much more better than the RCD510. I am unable to get the camera working. Have done pretty much all of the right connection. See the diagram below:
I have a Jetta TSi CL and have tried everything with similar stuff. But somehow the camera just does not work with 187B or A HUs (have both, former fitted in my Jetta and latter in wife's Polo). Something to do with signalling on the CAN bus.

In fact, none of the HUs is addressable on CAN bus using VCDS when fitted in the Jetta. They seem to be able to communicate only partially in the Jetta. However, both are addressable in the Polo. So I temporarily fit the HUs in the Polo to make any changes to settings using VCDS before trying/fitting them in the Jetta.

I have checked the video output of the camera on the Jetta, and it is fine. Have tried all possible settings in 187A and B through the Polo. But no camera video on the HUs.

Last edited by acemanhiflier : 5th October 2019 at 05:46.
Old 5th October 2019, 09:14   #415
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Jetta TSi CL and have tried everything with similar stuff. But somehow the camera just does not work with 187B or A HUs (have both, former fitted in my Jetta and latter in wife's Polo). Something to do with signalling on the CAN bus.

In fact, none of the HUs is addressable on CAN bus using VCDS when fitted in the Jetta. They seem to be able to communicate only partially in the Jetta. However, both are addressable in the Polo. So I temporarily fit the HUs in the Polo to make any changes to settings using VCDS before trying/fitting them in the Jetta.

I have checked the video output of the camera on the Jetta, and it is fine. Have tried all possible settings in 187A and B through the Polo. But no camera video on the HUs.

Apparently its a known issue with these camera's and I think you need whats known as a CAMERA ACTIVATOR. This is something that was informed to me by my friend who installs on many cars. I am going to check with this and see if it works.
Old 6th October 2019, 00:28   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Apparently its a known issue with these camera's and I think you need whats known as a CAMERA ACTIVATOR.
From what I recollect, for the OPS and camera to work, the gateway module needs to be upgraded to the one in Highline variant. In my Yeti elegance, it works without any issue (with the time delay box).
Old 6th October 2019, 10:26   #417
BHPian

is anyone able to address 187A or B on CAN bus in Jetta TL/HL and change settings using VCDS?
Old 9th October 2019, 11:34   #418
BHPian

Quote:
is anyone able to address 187A or B on CAN bus in Jetta TL/HL and change settings using VCDS?
So I got some details from one of the seller. He said if the car already has the blue plug in the ISO connector, then you need to remove the red and black cable of the camera connector and put it into the existing blue plug. See the image.. Red is Video Positive and Black is Negative.Going to try this out soon.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-h7e3ed3c7f1824803b723700299bb5d261.jpg  

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-whatsapp-image-20191009-11.29.45-am-1.jpeg  

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-whatsapp-image-20191009-11.29.45-am.jpeg  

Old 5th November 2019, 22:06   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post

There is also a guy in Chennai who is selling this.
We’re planning on replacing the RCD 510 in our Jetta with a RCD 340G Plus unit.

Could you please provide the details of the seller in Chennai ?
Old 12th November 2019, 12:24   #420
BHPian

With the 11.11 sale going on yesterday, picked up the RCD340+ 187F model at a great price with a free screen protector included, which I doubt I will use, but almost $25 off so basically shipping was free with Aramex.

Asked the seller (Lemon Shark), what the difference was between 187B, 187E and 187F (as they all have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay):
Apparently 187B has 512mb ram, 187E has 1024mb ram, and 187F also has 1024mb ram but has slightly updated and more stable software. I believe all should be a plug and play fit for 2012 or later polos. (I have a 2016 GT with the RCD330 with mirrorlink only so not expecting any issues).
More info available here and here. The seller is very responsive and also has excellent reviews so everything should be nice and smooth. Lots of positive reviews for 187F as well. May have to pay 1-2k in customs but perfectly fine with that, else may not have to, lets see!

Will update in a few weeks time once I've received the head unit and installed.

Last edited by s4ch : 12th November 2019 at 12:26. Reason: added seller info
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks