Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 22:46   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neugal View Post
Hello Guys, I just received my order in 8 days. However I had to pay approximately Rs. 800 for some custom fees. Also I had to upload KYC documents. Hope that's normal. Now my question to you all is, should I install it myself or go to some car accessories guy? Kindly advise.
I took it to a installer who charged me 500 bucks. But its a really simple job and if you are fine with trying DIY then this should be a breeze.
Old 26th January 2017, 17:15   #92
BHPian

Hello Guys, I ordered this rear camera however it seems it will not fit in my Polo. As I checked there is no space for it else I may have to get my rear bumper punctured to make space for this?? Any guesses??
Old 26th January 2017, 23:20   #93
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Hi will this fit a 2011 polo by any chance? also will it require a canbus adapter ?
Yes it will fit in your polo but you will have to order CAN-Bus simulator along with this HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neugal View Post
Hello Guys, I ordered this rear camera however it seems it will not fit in my Polo. As I checked there is no space for it else I may have to get my rear bumper punctured to make space for this?? Any guesses??
No, this camera will not fit in your polo as it doesn't have boot opener. You will need license plate holder camera for polo.

Order this camera - Polo Reverse Camera. Select "polo hatchback" under color.
maddyguage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 12:26   #94
aLY
BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TDI ownership log. EDIT: 87,000 km up!

My RCD 330g Plus is on its way from China and reached Chennai. I have got an e-mail from Aramex asking to pay Rs.936.30 towards the customs clearance charges, and I did that. Hopefully the package should reach me in another couple of days. Aramex doesn’t have delivery service at Mahindra World City area, so they will be send it via any other courier service.

In mean time I wanted to prepare for the Installation and have come up with few queries, Can you help please help me with the same,
Q1- I do not have the trim removal tools, Can I use any other tools (like screw driver) to poke the trims out?
Q2- I have got these male pins with me to connect the intermediate harnesses (Quad lock to ISO) CAN signals to the ISO connecter (to the Pin 1-CAN H & 5 CAN L).
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-pins.jpg
Are these OK?
Q3- I have a 2013 model (Pre-facelift) Polo GT-TDI. Does this model have a 4K-OPS unit for rear parking sensors? Will I be able to enable the display in RCD330g Plus?

I have also ordered the VCDS from the below supplier, but doesn’t seems like I will get on time.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAGC...608.0.0.6IISrD

Is there someone in Chennai who can help me with scanning and programming the RCD330gPlus after installation, to enable the Radio and the OPS display if it is possible?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th January 2017 at 13:56. Reason: Moved post to this thread since it is for the new HU.
Old 27th January 2017, 14:01   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post
Q1- I do not have the trim removal tools, Can I use any other tools (like screw driver) to poke the trims out?
Never use a screw driver to pry open the trims. It will leave permanent scratches. Use a discarded credit card or something similar.

Quote:
Q2- I have got these male pins with me to connect the intermediate harnesses (Quad lock to ISO) CAN signals to the ISO connecter (to the Pin 1-CAN H & 5 CAN L).
Attachment 1600263
Are these OK?
Yes.

Quote:
Q3- I have a 2013 model (Pre-facelift) Polo GT-TDI. Does this model have a 4K-OPS unit for rear parking sensors? Will I be able to enable the display in RCD330g Plus?
You should be able to but VW is known to play around with the parts bin so you can't be 100% sure. I am betting yours will though.

Quote:
I have also ordered the VCDS from the below supplier, but doesn’t seems like I will get on time.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAGC...608.0.0.6IISrD

Is there someone in Chennai who can help me with scanning and programming the RCD330gPlus after installation, to enable the Radio and the OPS display if it is possible?
There is no programming involved. This is a straight forward swap with the Quadlock to ISO adapter cable. The only part where you will need the cable is to change the image of the car on the ParkPilot display.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 14:37   #96
aLY
BHPian

Thanks Gannu for the quick response,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
- I have parking sensors in my car - both front and rear. When i engage reverse - music stops and beeps come on but no display on HU. Is there a way to enable the OPS display ? Do i need to do VCDS coding or i need to add any module ?
I was reading through the quoted post, and this made me to ask you about the VCDS programming for 4K-OPS module enabling. Anyhow, let me Install the system and check it.
Old 27th January 2017, 17:40   #97
aLY
BHPian

Sorry for the back to back post, the time limit for editing is over. Mods, if there is a way to merge, please help me to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Just got to know from my seller that soon the updated version of RCD 330G+ will be available which will be coming with Apple CarPlay support out of the box.

Model No : 6RD 035 187B

I have attached the picture which I received from the seller.
OOPS, My RCD 330G+ just landed, and I always wanted one with Apple Carplay.

Is there a method to upgrade the firmware, for the Carplay to work?

Last edited by aLY : 27th January 2017 at 17:45. Reason: Comment on back to back post
Old 27th January 2017, 20:51   #98
BHPian

Does android also mirror... Other than mirror link? Mirror link on Samsung is very limited
Old 28th January 2017, 21:36   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Does android also mirror... Other than mirror link? Mirror link on Samsung is very limited
What do you mean ? Mirror Link is not universally supported by Android per se - its the phone manufacturer who has to support it. Samsung & HTC support it - One Plus doesnt for eg.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 11:28   #100
BHPian

(mods please advise on how to remove attachment images from the bottom of post)

Reading success stories of the respective members, I also tried the same on my Polo 2013 Comfortline Petrol. This car model doesn't have the canbus outputs so I ended up spending a lot more than required for the install.

The items were ordered from Aliexpress:

Headunit: 6.5 inch MIB Car Radio RCD330 PLUS

Canbus Adapter : PQ MIB RCD330 Plus Decoder Canbus Simulator Gateway Emulator

Order was placed on 26.11.2016, I was charged Rs.8884 for both items. Seller was communicated to pack both items in the same package. He had confirmed the same. The seller shipped the package through Aramex on 05.01.2017 and it landed to my doorstep on 11.01.2017. No customs duty was charged (don't know why).
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-01.-parcel.jpg

I gladly opened the box, the packing was neat:
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-02.-packing.jpg

and the HU
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-03.-hu.jpg

antenna & reverse camera adapters
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-04.-camera-ant.jpg

but the seller had goofed up and not packed the canbus adapter. On communication he posted it the same day but was delivered in 15 days. So, long wait in store.

Just to play and check the HU, I removed my existing MapmyIndia HU and attached the wiring to RCD.

The existing MMI unit that I had installed in the car.
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-12.-mmi.jpg

The unit powered on but no bluetooth, illumination, no switching off with key and switched off after 30 mins.

I became impatient and started looking for canbus adapter locally and found it for Rs.3000/- at a location in Delhi itself at Classic Accessories

Being in hurry to get the HU installed, I enquired about the item over call and decided to pay a visit. It is a small shop in Ramesh Nagar. The owner Shalinder Choudhary himself is a enthusiast and has bought a Polo Trendline to try out the mods. Says "I don't want to spend the life installing pioneer and sonys".
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-07.-canbus-adapter.jpg

The unit worked. Sound quality is far improved from stock systems and the MMI HU that was installed. Bluetooth working fine with all contacts and call logs on iPhone. With android you can also read sms on the HU. Also when you select Media, all the contents of music are available to play as you would do on the iphone.

Areas missing are time was not sync, reverse cam not working.

I was 60% satisfied but felt something was missing so ordered a few more items

Canbus cables from vagtune.in
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-05.-canbus-cable.jpg

and replica rosstech cable from EBay:
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-06.-ross-tech-cable.jpg

Researched our forums and internet about wiring the canbus harness and found good deal of help. Got inspired by one of our members who installed an RCD310 into his polo http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...upgrade-2.html

Best support was from a Russian site Drive2.ru. It is russian but images and google translate will solve that.

This saturday I made the effort and was able to wire the canbus harness to the HU.
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-08.-canbus-wiring.jpg

I turned the key and unit turned on, time and temperature were synced.
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-09.-time-temp.jpg

One interesting feature that I found is, if you have your iPhone paired and you lock your car, the location is saved onto your Maps app.
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_8114.png

The reverse cam is still not working, now the time to plug in the rosstech cable. I followed the advice on this thread, did the coding and cleared all the fault codes.

The ignition was turned on and the reverse gear was engaged and what I got:
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-10.-reverse-blank.jpg

but no camera display, I tried to re-do the steps but the result was same, then I read on this thread to reset the HU by keeping power button pressed for 10-15 seconds. The system restarted and finally I got:
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-11.-camera-working.jpg

but on disengaging and re-engaging the reverse gear, I got black screen again.

So after reading this tiring post, please suggest what to do next, I get the camera image on clearing the fault codes on HU and resetting it, but not after that.

Do I need a new OEM camera from aliexpress or is there something that I am missing.

Any support would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st January 2017 at 10:14. Reason: As requested
mishraak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 12:34   #101
aLY
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishraak View Post

Order was placed on 26.11.2016, I was charged Rs.8884 for both items. Seller was communicated to pack both items in the same package. He had confirmed the same. The seller shipped the package through Aramex on 05.01.2017 and it landed to my doorstep on 11.01.2017. No customs duty was charged (don't know why).
Lucky you, They have charged me Rs.963.00 for customs duty.

Quote:

Just to play and check the HU, I removed my existing MapmyIndia HU and attached the wiring to RCD.

The existing MMI unit that I had installed in the car.
Even your MMI-HU has very OE look. was that an Android based unit?

Quote:

One interesting feature that I found is, if you have your iPhone paired and you lock your car, the location is saved onto your Maps app.
This feature on IOS 10 works with RCD320 also.
aLY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 13:19   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Lucky you, They have charged me Rs.963.00 for customs duty.
I was prepared for the customs part, seems the customs official was in good mood or was occupied on a phone call with someone special .

Quote:
Even your MMI-HU has very OE look. was that an Android based unit?
It is a windows CE unit, got it installed from VW showroom itself, daylight robbery for around Rs.40K some thing. Only good part was maps, I have lost the SD card for it.

Quote:
This feature on IOS 10 works with RCD320 also.
Small goodies.
mishraak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 20:30   #103
aLY
BHPian

I have received the RCD330g+ today along with the ISO to Quadlock connector. But on the black ISO connector, pin no-2 is wired from Quad lock connector pin no- 11 (Display Voltage - Positive), where as in the Gannus post this pin is empty.

Attaching both the pictures for your reference.

This is the one I received,

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-ali.jpg

and this one is from Gannu's post,

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-gannu.jpg
PC: Gannu, VW Polo DIY: Delphi RCD 510 headunit + 9W7 Bluetooth unit installation.

Do I need to remove pin no-2 from the black ISO Connector? or should I leave it as it is.
Old 31st January 2017, 02:26   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have received the RCD330g+ today along with the ISO to Quadlock connector. But on the black ISO connector, pin no-2 is wired from Quad lock connector pin no- 11 (Display Voltage - Positive), where as in the Gannus post this pin is empty.

Attaching both the pictures for your reference.

This is the one I received,

Attachment 1601968

and this one is from Gannu's post,

Attachment 1601967
PC: Gannu, VW Polo DIY: Delphi RCD 510 headunit + 9W7 Bluetooth unit installation.

Do I need to remove pin no-2 from the black ISO Connector? or should I leave it as it is.
leave it as it is. Just connect the Canbus +/- in correct slots as well.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 10:18   #105
aLY
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

You should be able to but VW is known to play around with the parts bin so you can't be 100% sure. I am betting yours will though.
Yes, the 4K OPS module is present in my vehicle. I'm able to get the Park pilot display

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_9840.jpg

The next thing is to do is changing the vehicle type in Parkpilot display, awaiting for the VCDS to come.
aLY is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks