Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2016, 18:25   #1
BHPian

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Installed RCD 330 plus on my 2016 1.5 TDI Vento highline DSG. Originally my car came with RCD 320 (pre march production). So after I bought my car I swapped my old HU with brand new RCD 330. But after sometime I got better deal so again swapped with RCD 330 plus.

It is very simple procedure and I will list out all the required parts for the installation. But before we begin, let's see why we should upgrade it in the first place.

1. Huge 6.5" touchscreen with good resolution.
2. OEM look.
3. Better Bluetooth connectivity.
4. MirrorLink supported.
5. Rear View Camera can be installed easily.
6. Way better than RCD 320 overall.

RCD 320 HU came with my car :
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_2809.jpg
pic credit : Team - BHP

RCD 330 plus :
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1393.jpg
SOURCE

I got my HU from aliexpress. I got a nice deal so I bought it.

Price - $100 with free shipping by Aramex. I paid INR 700 as custom duties.

Seller - Yacht Science - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-5-...732885460.html

Package came within 5 days as promised. Seller packed it well and it was intact.

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1383.jpg

Parts Required

1. RCD 330 HU - 6RD 035 187 A

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1379.jpg

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1381.jpg

2. Quadlock to ISO connector

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_0489.jpg
pic credits - Team - BHP

Source - aliexpress (you can ask seller for the same). https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-...779549228.html

Price - $8.

3. Rear View Camera adapter (included inside package)

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1391.jpg

Tools Required

1. Torx screw driver.

2. Trim removing tools.

Installation

1. Remove trim panel using trim removing tool and then using torx screw driver, remove old HU.

2. Now disconnect ISO cable and radio antenna from old HU.

3. This is tricky part. Connect ISO connector with new Quadlock connector. You will see that there are 2 extra wires left. You need to connect them to pin number 1 and 5 in ISO 8 pin harness (black) for CAN+ and CAN- respectively.

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1389.jpg

You can see there are two yellow pins (one with green and other with red line on it).

4. Connect Quadlock connector to HU and other end to ISO harness.

5. Connect camera adapter if you want to install camera also.

6. Put back everything in place.

7. Screw it and put back trim panel.

Voila.

Coding through VCDS

1. Check for any fault codes under 56 Radio.

2. For camera installation - I'll post detailed installation guide later.

3. Clear all fault codes.

If you're getting following fault codes then clear them

=> If you're getting error like 56 - Radio not registered 0001 , then in VCDS go to select modules and then in 19 - CAN gateway locate installation list. And check against 56 Radio. Then save it and go to Fault codes and clear fault codes.

=> If you're getting error like 56 - Radio malfunction 0010 ( happens when coding for camera is applied) , then install camera and go to fault codes and clear them.

=> If you're getting error like 19 - CAN-gateway malfunction 0010 , then go to fault codes and clear fault codes.
maddyguage is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 21:21   #2
BHPian

re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

This looks so good. I was going to go for RCD 330G but the lack of support of rear camera was holding me back.
By any chance if you have the manual for it, could you share with us? Also, which rear camera you got? Are you sure rear camera works for this module? Because I asked my dealer to fit it for me if I get it myself, and he said rear camera will not work.
Just wanted to be affirmative about this.

Thanks much!
RPM1500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 01:40   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1500 View Post
This looks so good. I was going to go for RCD 330G but the lack of support of rear camera was holding me back.

By any chance if you have the manual for it, could you share with us? Also, which rear camera you got? Are you sure rear camera works for this module? Because I asked my dealer to fit it for me if I get it myself, and he said rear camera will not work.

Just wanted to be affirmative about this.

Thanks much!

Thanks. Yes camera works with this HU. You just need little coding with the help of VCDS. Don't ask dealers they know nothing about this.

Camera I had on my RCD 330 - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32722...722911149.html

I'm waiting for another camera I've ordered which is in transit.

I'll post proper installation guide once I receive my new camera.
maddyguage is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 17:01   #4
BHPian

re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Thanks. Yes camera works with this HU. You just need little coding with the help of VCDS. Don't ask dealers they know nothing about this.

Camera I had on my RCD 330 - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32722...722911149.html

Great!!

The system feels a lot better than the RCD 510. Any idea if it is compatible with Skoda Superb? Looks like RCD 330 plus has an inbuilt bluetooth module whereas my car has a separate module linked to RCD 510.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by csr9 : 21st December 2016 at 17:26.
Old 21st December 2016, 19:07   #5
BHPian

I've upgraded to the rcd 330 plus, but I'm having issues with the reverse cam, I don't seem to be getting a signal, all the connections are perfect and the cam is getting power too. Looking for some help :(

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th December 2016 at 09:06. Reason: Moving to the RCD330+ thread. Thanks!
Old 21st December 2016, 21:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Great!!

The system feels a lot better than the RCD 510. Any idea if it is compatible with Skoda Superb? Looks like RCD 330 plus has an inbuilt bluetooth module whereas my car has a separate module linked to RCD 510.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry I'm not sure about Skoda Superb but it works with Jetta. I've tried in one of my friends Jetta. Just that you can't get full information on MFD cluster.

Jetta has separate bluetooth module, thus it doesn't function such as receiving calls from MFSW controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun View Post
I've upgraded to the rcd 330 plus, but I'm having issues with the reverse cam, I don't seem to be getting a signal, all the connections are perfect and the cam is getting power too. Looking for some help :(

Have you coded your RCD 330 with VCDS? If yes then then reset your HU by pressing volume button for 10 seconds at least. This should solve your problem.

Last edited by ajmat : 2nd April 2018 at 11:30.
maddyguage is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 22:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Jetta has separate bluetooth module, thus it doesn't function such as receiving calls from MFSW controls.
Thanks a lot!
I dont mind the omission of audio info on the MFD, but non functional telephone control on the MFSW is an issue.
csr9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 02:02   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Have you coded your RCD 330 with VCDS? If yes then then reset your HU by pressing volume button for 10 seconds at least. This should solve your problem.
Hi Maddy, I did code it, but no luck, so I disconnected the cam to try later, but now after I reset it, I got a message " the rear view camera system is not available!" ( Note : this message doesn't pop up every time the reverse gear is engaged but very rarely) So maybe I'll try my luck over the weekend. This is the closest I've got to believing there's a chance of it working . Thanks a ton !!
Old 22nd December 2016, 02:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun View Post
I got a message " the rear view camera system is not available!"
Hi leprechaun,

Could you please post details of camera installed in your car. I was getting same error but one fine day it started working after reset of head unit.

Regards.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th December 2016 at 09:08. Reason: Moving to the RCD330+ thread. Thanks!
Old 22nd December 2016, 09:43   #10
BHPian

Thank you maddyguage for the thread and answering all my queries. I have ordered one today but without the camera.

Currently I have the stock RCD320.

Please anyone who is using Reverse Camera for RCD 330G which sits in place of License Plate Lights (For Old Vento's), please share the link from Aliexpress.
Old 22nd December 2016, 10:32   #11
BHPian

Hey AD, I got the camera from the same seller who gave me the RCD 330 plus, infact it was a whole package,The HU, quadlock, the video out cable, and the RVC . Adding the link for the RVC -
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32701...701334431.html.

To eliminate doubts on the functionality of the camera itself, I tried it out on a friends car and it was perfect( quality was really good I must say).

Another doubt I have, is the video cord (yellow) has two small wires at either end, I cant seem to understand where that would go (still a noob in this department ) attaching a picture of it below.

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-imageuploadedbyteambhp1482382651.139246.jpg

Thanks.
leprechaun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 13:21   #12

I may be wrong but isn't this unit based on MIB II platform? The same one for which VW India announced (paid) upgrades to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
I have a 2014 Vento 1.6 Highline which has RCD 320 and want to upgrade to an all in one unit which supports navigation, reversing camera, better info display for audio and phone.
Old 22nd December 2016, 15:14   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer2911 View Post
I may be wrong but isn't this unit based on MIB II platform? The same one for which VW India announced (paid) upgrades to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

I have a 2014 Vento 1.6 Highline which has RCD 320 and want to upgrade to an all in one unit which supports navigation, reversing camera, better info display for audio and phone.

No. This one doesn't come with all those features. The one you're talking about is "Composition Media" which comes with Jetta.

AFAIK those units are not easily available in the market and it requires VIN. You can't use it elsewhere. Plus they are very expensive.

FYI RCD 330 plus has almost all the features except Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and in-built Navigation. Even UI is inspired from its bigger bro.

This is a pocket friendly upgrade. Display and touch quality are top notch. If you can live without Navigation, then you should definitely go for it.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 20:16   #14
BHPian

$100, that got me kicking. Need small suggestion, I have 2013 Vento any idea if it will be a direct fit or not. I am also planning to get rear camera installed with it, what do I need to order with it.
vineet1712 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 20:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Maddy, I'm waiting for your camera install. I've connected the cam, but I get only a black screen when engaged in reverse. But no image. Really have no clue why? All codings done as explained still no image

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks