Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2006, 10:12   #1

Hi I am a silent member of TBHP This is myfirst post.
I have recently bought a new wagonr. Now i want to make a ICE setup in my home. My idea is to connect a discman to a local amp with 2 channel sound which would power my PIONEER speakers in rear.Now I have the follwing questions in my mind:
1:IS IT ADVISABLE TO INSTALL A BUDGET SYS LIKE THIS
2:HOW TO POWER THE A/C COMPONENTS LIKE AMP.

Please give me advice for this type of setup i will be greatful to u all.
Old 26th October 2006, 10:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahnawaz
Hi I am a silent member of TBHP This is myfirst post.
I have recently bought a new wagonr. Now i want to make a ICE setup in my home. My idea is to connect a discman to a local amp with 2 channel sound which would power my PIONEER speakers in rear.Now I have the follwing questions in my mind:
Quote:
1:IS IT ADVISABLE TO INSTALL A BUDGET SYS LIKE THIS
2:HOW TO POWER THE A/C COMPONENTS LIKE AMP.

Please give me advice for this type of setup i will be greatful to u all.
it is certainly not advisable to do this kind of installation. i presume that you already have speakers. you could get a cassette player for as low as 3.5k through which you can also connect your discman,mp3 etc using an adapter.
Old 26th October 2006, 11:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

you should use a car amp as it will take a 12V DC input and you wont have to worry abou the power supply.

you can connect your discman to a car amp and amp to speakers. in fact via a 2 channel fader and a Y connector one can connect a stereo output of the CD player to a 4 channel amp and even fade front to rear. Just keep all your connections clean so that you do not introudce alternator whine into the speakers.

BTW what are you using to drive your speakers at present?
Old 26th October 2006, 11:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

First i think you should get a basic system. like a you mention you have speakers. now you can get a locally made tape deck and then you can upgrade to a CD player when u get money

I think you shouldn't do anything like you mentioned it may even effect the warrenty as u metioned it was a new car

go step by step

speakers
HU
AMP
SUB-WOOFER
Old 26th October 2006, 12:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

during my childhood, when i used to earn 500 rs/month as my pocket money, i did a similar set up, differences being that i was using cassette player instead of discman and pioneer speakers were from chandni chowk and my local amp already had a DC input + and - ....the result was pathetic:

all over my 4 speakers there was a HUGE ALTERNATOR whine, as navin suggested, i did a clean wiring but NO use. somebody suggested me "cut-out". Poor me, i wasted 150 rs for cut -out but again, of no use. then i disconnected the amp and never tried to use a budget system.
Old 28th October 2006, 19:54   #6

I think I should first try this setup with my FIAT then get on the new one as i can check the output and all other necessary things. I will give reply as soon as i do it on my fiat.
Old 31st October 2006, 10:55   #7

tried it with my fiat its sounding great but only with home speakers at loud volume the sound has disortions and one thing it drained the whole battery in just one hour i think that my speakers have some prob or it might be because of the impedance the home speakers are 8 where as the car are only 4. Why is it so?
Old 1st November 2006, 10:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

why are you hell-bent with all these experiments Sir, just buy a basic car audio, it'll do....Let the home speakers be where they belong!
Old 1st November 2006, 11:41   #9

Firstly to power an A/C amp from 12vdc is not simple as you think, for this u will need an oscillator which is employed in an inverter. so think of a low amp inverter which is again expensive an bulky for a car use and not at all. so from my personal experience my advice is to buy a cassette player as 'esteem lover' stated but be sure to pick a good brand like sony etc because a local brand player will sound very poor when using a cassette adapter compared to good brand. also pick an adapter of a known brand which costs only about 250-300/-
Old 1st November 2006, 11:44   #10

you can even think of a used good brand cassette player which is easily available because many people have switched to mp3s.
Old 1st November 2006, 20:12   #11

I think i will not be able to do all those experiments as my dealer said that doing all those junk nthings i void my eletrical warranty so i am left with only the option of going for a cass player so please give me advice should i go for pioneer or sony i had pio installed on my previous car but not happy with the performace can u suggest some good players which can be installed in my car and do any cass player have a aux in so i can connect my mp3 to it directly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks