Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2017, 09:32   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Here you go
Thank you! So this is just 8.1.. quite interesting! V 8 is available at the service centre but without the android auto update :-)
Old 24th April 2017, 13:57   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

There are some new videos detailing the features on YouTube I found -

abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 14:38   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Do you have any detailed post on how to get this done in the older vehicles? Is it a DIY or do I need to visit A.S.S.?
Zappo it's not possible on the older vehicles like yours. It needs the new infotainment system that was part of the facelift in 2015. So it's possible to get the new software only if you have the facelift. Pre facelift XUV is not compatible.
Old 24th April 2017, 17:46   #19

I think this upgrade is fantastic and will enable the user to do much more with the infotainment system.However, I have doubt whether is this update from MASS is chargeable. I visited one MASS in Gurgaon and SA asked me for Rs. 450/- for the up gradation. Why Mahindra can't upgrade this software free of cost.

Regards,
Ashish
XUV5oo Refresh W8
Old 24th April 2017, 18:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Zappo it's not possible on the older vehicles like yours. It needs the new infotainment system that was part of the facelift in 2015. So it's possible to get the new software only if you have the facelift. Pre facelift XUV is not compatible.
Could you advise whether this is also compatible with Scorpio Intelli Hybrid?
Old 24th April 2017, 18:45   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok. I started thinking on those lines because of this post...

Quote:
Except the wifi apps which needs silverbox update everything is coming to all older new gens.
Silverbox terminology was for the Nippon supplied system. I believe the facelifted model brought in a different head unit altogether. One more thing to note is that before my Rajasthan drive I took the car for a map update and they initially said that the new maps don't work on my silverbox and then later they figured a way to upgrade my silverbox to take in the new maps! So my silverbox should be now upgraded to the latest state at which the silverbox went out.
Old 24th April 2017, 19:04   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Nippon is still the supplier of silverbox.

The gold gen and new age have different infotainment systems - size, display colour depth. Not sure about silverbox. Silverbox is more like a CPU and infotainment display is like display monitor. Gold gen is like silverbox with different speed and memory whereas the newer one in new age is slightly higher spec. And now the refreshed ones starting this month would have a silverbox that would marginally have added components - like tethering capability for an internet connection. So technically they can still be considered as different silver boxes.

The map data is in formats that map application understands. That data format cannot be different for different hardware. It's more software dependent. So whenever map update is applied, we mean map data of POIs and roads is updated. This is just data - should be hpdateable at any point of time across the systems. As part of software compatibility this is fundamental in a product design. unless the map software major versions change, the map data formats would be backward as well as forward compatible.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by abirnale : 24th April 2017 at 19:05.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 22:46   #23
BHPian

So does anyone have any updates about availability of android auto now with the service centre? My hands are itching. Lol
Old 28th April 2017, 10:01   #24
Team-BHP Support

Is this upgrade applicable for Scorpio S10 as well? Or just for XUV W10 versions.
Old 29th April 2017, 09:46   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
So does anyone have any updates about availability of android auto now with the service centre?
Sireesh Auto Singasandra in Bangalore seems to have access to updated software. I haven't checked personally but heard few owners saying so. You should just call them up and check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is this upgrade applicable for Scorpio S10 as well? Or just for XUV W10 versions.
Only XUV versions. Looking at website, its not just W10 but W6, W8 versions as well.

I checked my WYH web login for last service bill and happened to notice the new EcoSense icon. Went in and grabbed some screen shots from there - this was probably from all the runs that I had, BlueSense app must be updating it online.

Screen grabs -

Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-1.png
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-2.png
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-3.png
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-4.png
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-5.png
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-6.png
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-7.png
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-8.png
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-9.png

Hopefully the WYH mobile application would also be updated with all these trip detail features for owners to track.
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 20:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
So does anyone have any updates about availability of android auto now with the service centre? My hands are itching. Lol
The update will be available at all service centers from May 2.I was told there might be a charge of 599 rs for update.
Old 30th April 2017, 18:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
The update will be available at all service centers from May 2.I was told there might be a charge of 599 rs for update.
Went for first free service and inquired about it. Was told that the update would be charged at 750 Rs as it includes 4 different software updates. I, being easily tempted with anything tech, went for it, even though my primary phone is an iPhone. Was able to quickly check it working with Redmi Prime 3S, but couldn't get it working with Oneplus 3T. Not sure why.
Will post further updates later..
Old 1st May 2017, 10:30   #28

Awesome....but it seems only newage XUV gets a update while everything else requires "Wifi" upgrade essentially replacing the head unit costs about 65K.

Now the question is how do we precisly identify if it's new age XUV With built in Wifi ?

Leaving it to dealers i dont need to mention they would take advantage of situation especially cars bought in 2015/16.

Quote:
how to identify if the car is part of the "NewAge " ?

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT:
Please avoid posting consecutively.
Use the QUOTE+ (Multi Quote) function instead.
Please take time to proof read before submitting the Post.
Use proper grammar and punctuation.
Use capital letters when starting a sentence.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by bblost : 6th May 2017 at 17:17. Reason: See Post.
kamalnv is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st May 2017, 12:44   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
Was able to quickly check it working with Redmi Prime 3S, but couldn't get it working with Oneplus 3T.
Don't waste your time on OP3T. I did waste mine a lot. There is an issue with OP3T Oxygen OS for Android Auto the way it is implemented. The online forums have mentioned the complaints in many cars. I have tried Beta Oxygen, Latest Oxygen to no avail. The OP3T phone I had bought only for this reason - Now I have listed it for selling :( There is no point waiting for updates from OP to get this fixed.

Redmi/ Samsung/ Moto/ LG/ Nexus/ Pixel works like charm. I have tried Pixel, Moto and Samsung phones from my office. I recently also tried BlackBerry Priv and it works perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalnv View Post
Leaving it to dealers i don't need to mention they would take advantage of situation especially cars bought in 2015/16.
Dealers across country are quoting anything between 599 to 999 as charges! Seems like there is no uniform directive for MASS to act! It's true that it needs Silverbox firmware, New OS as well as Odo console + ECU update. Easily takes 2 hours.

All the cars that are being shipped in May should have this wifi silverbox. All new Age starting from March 2015 i think should be able to have this upgrade. Mine is June 2015 (2 months after it was launched).

EDIT
By the way my iPhone BlueSense app is automatically showing new menu item as EcoSense. Not sure when and how this happened but for sure there is no app upgrade done yet.

Last edited by abirnale : 1st May 2017 at 12:47.
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:14   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Don't waste your time on OP3T. I did waste mine a lot. There is an issue with OP3T Oxygen OS for Android Auto the way it is implemented. The online forums have mentioned the complaints in many cars. I have tried Beta Oxygen, Latest Oxygen to no avail. The OP3T phone I had bought only for this reason - Now I have listed it for selling :( There is no point waiting for updates from OP to get this fixed.
Thanks a lot. Saved my time. Had a slight doubt with Oxygen OS, but never imagined that there would be no fix.

Quote:
Dealers across country are quoting anything between 599 to 999 as charges! Seems like there is no uniform directive for MASS to act! It's true that it needs Silverbox firmware, New OS as well as Odo console + ECU update. Easily takes 2 hours.
Right. I haggled a bit, even told the SA that if I ever find out that it was being done for less or free, will come back for refund , but then the tech side of me won very easily and I gave my nod, just to try it out on my XUV. He also said that it would take 2 hours to update the software when I asked him about the charges.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks