Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2017, 09:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford EcoSport: Touchscreen now offered from Titanium trim

Ford India is now offering a touchscreen infotainment system on the EcoSport from the Titanium variant onwards. This particular system was recently introduced to the EcoSport line-up with the top-end Platinum edition. However, with the increasing customer interest in touchscreen infotainment systems, Ford has expanded the feature to the Titanium and Titanium+ variants as well. It must be noted that the 1.5-litre AT Titanium models don't get this update.

The system in question is an 8.0-inch touchscreen display that comes with satellite navigation, DVD player with video support, door ajar warning and streams the output from the rear camera. It has been planted above the centre console, thus replacing the Ford Sync 1 system and the 3.5-inch MID screen. No other changes have been made to the EcoSport's feature distribution.

The EcoSport can be opted with three engine options in the Titanium/Titanium+ variants - a 1.5-litre Ti-VCT petrol, a 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol and a 1.5-litre TDCi diesel. The touchscreen is available only on the manual transmission models.

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi)
• 1.5 Petrol Titanium MT - Rs. 9.09 lakh
• 1.0 Petrol Titanium+ MT - Rs. 9.96 lakh
• 1.5 Diesel Titanium MT - Rs. 9.69 lakh
• 1.5 Diesel Titanium+ MT - Rs. 10.26 lakh

Ford EcoSport: Touchscreen now offered from Titanium trim-fordecosportinfotainmentsystem.jpeg
dZired is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 09:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport: Touchscreen now offered from Titanium trim

Someone I know has picked up a Titanium MT and I got to check the touchscreen. I had my apprehensions as its not a proper Sync unit.

But the screen is not laggy and the interface is easy to use and not cluttered. The display is also okay. What gets you is the sheer size and that's maybe because one is used to seeing that smaller 3.5" screen on the EcoSport. But it doesn't affect visibility as one sits tall inside.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 10:05   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Ford India is now offering a touchscreen infotainment system on the EcoSport from the Titanium variant onwards.
When I bought my AT in June '16, my SA had mentioned a similar touchscreen infotainment system as a Ford-approved aftermarket accessory. It cost 32k then (before negotiations).

I don't recall if it was 7 or 8-inch but it definitely had satellite navigation and input from rear view camera.

The biggest point in favor of this is/was: if you install a rear view camera, the stock IVRM is changed and the IVRM that comes with the camera setup (with an inbuilt display), isn't electrochromic. Hence, you lose out on the day/night feature.

However, 32k vs the 12k for the rear view camera wasn't appealing enough, nor was the satellite navigation and I ended up not going for it.

Wonder what the incremental increase in cost is for these variants with the infotainment system.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 14:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Is there possibility for existing users to migrate to this ICE offered by Ford? I have checked with my dealer but could not get any response.

Now that ford is extending this other trims also, it seems that with some additional investment, it should be possible for existing users to have this units in existing Ecosport?

Is there any information / insight available within forum?
Old 27th April 2017, 17:29   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
When I bought my AT in June '16, my SA had mentioned a similar touchscreen infotainment system as a Ford-approved aftermarket accessory. It cost 32k then (before negotiations).
The sad part is that they still don't offer it in the AT variant car, for reasons best known to themselves. My Ford dealer categorically denied any possibility of a swap of the ICE.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 18:56   #6
BHPian

Why this step-motherly treatment towards Automatics from almost all manufacturers? First we were denied ATs in the top most trims with all bells and whistles. Now we are seeing feature differences between MTs and ATs even in the same trim.

Does Ford think that since AT drivers have the convenience of, well, an AT, they don't deserve other earthly comforts like a Touchscreen ICE??

Why Ford why?
racer_ash is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed