Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2006, 12:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Who is flaming him? Me? Navin? Rahul? Which post has flamed him? Why would you say a careless thing like that? And why should his view not be palatable to "some" members? Please do explain yourself.

Sam, but your reply to raj looked like flame to me.. especially your dig on grammar and the last punch line "Because I'm not going to." I would be offended if some one tells me this. And If I dont want to help some one , i'd rather keep quiet than say this in a public forum..but thats me

However I do concede that it is none of my business and Raj can come back to you , if he wants to..or runaway from team BHP for good.

My guess is you were more abrasive than normal here , because JBL was involved or may be you had a bad day / night.

Absolutely no offence meant to you or any one ..hope you take it in the right spirit...these are my personal views

I agree that More information of products purchased / installed is a must for any meaningful help.
Old 6th November 2006, 12:02   #17
Team-BHP Support

Also the Scorpios front door install is tricky. There is absolutely no space to fit in 6" components.

In my bosses case the door pad was cut and a very thick mdf spacer ring was installed on the door body. The compos were then mounted on this.

The ideal location for the compos is where the door pocket is for the scorpio. So you also have to cut the door pocket else if you install the speaker inside the door pocket you will be blocking it.

The tweeters were mounted on top of the same door pad by cutting a hole again and angling the tweeters to the listener.

The rear ovals (GTO937) were mounted on boxes between the side facing rear and the middle row so as to not reduce sitting area and not block sound too.
Old 6th November 2006, 12:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Yet we do need more information (what kind of sound Raj is expecting, where he bought the stuff, etc...) so that we can help him better.
Navin, I agree that more specific information on equipment is required for any meaningful help.
Old 6th November 2006, 12:14   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
Sam, but your reply to raj looked like flame to me.. especially your dig on grammar and the last punch line "Because I'm not going to." I would be offended if some one tells me this. And If I dont want to help some one , i'd rather keep quiet than say this in a public forum..but thats me

However I do concede that it is none of my business and Raj can come back to you , if he wants to..or runaway from team BHP for good.

My guess is you were more abrasive than normal here , because JBL was involved or may be you had a bad day / night.

Absolutely no offence meant to you or any one ..hope you take it in the right spirit...these are my personal views

I agree that More information of products purchased / installed is a must for any meaningful help.
No worries w12. I like your response, clean and to the point. I enjoy a good repartee.
I was a bit abrasive simply because i did not like the tone of the post.
"I'm not going to", was not directed at him, it was directed to the half dozen replies to him that said "Call Sam now, Sam where are you etc"

And why should he come "back" to me? He never "came" to me in the first place!

No offences meant and none taken ofcourse. You know I love you w12, always have and always will.

I am going to respect rules and stay out of this now and not post any more comments.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 6th November 2006 at 12:20.
Old 6th November 2006, 12:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

i would rather say that a good product installed in a incorrect manner will sound worse than a bad product installed in a good manner.....

for example take a pioneer sub installed in a PLYWood box and take a sony sub installed in a good braced MDF box.....now which one will sound better....also inculde the placement of the sub.....

I would suggest Mr Raj to go to the authorised installer in his area for the job to get corrected...also what are your listening tastes and what type of music you listen to and what volume......?????
Old 6th November 2006, 12:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Raj, Your choice of speakers and amp are really good. You bought stuff that has been proven in many many T-BHP installs. Even your upgrade to Infinity Kappas was a good call.

I'm positive the problem has to do with the install, and not with the equipment. And a good install in an SUV like the Scorpio is not an easy thing.

I don't think the dealer misled you with choice of equipment at all. He offered you units that match well with each other, and integrate well to create really wholesome sound.

If you read even just a few threads in this forum (ICE) section, you will know how low an opinion people with experience have of Sony's speakers. Their amps are just ok. And their HUs are decent enough. And between Sony and JBL, you don't even have a comparison. JBL is way way better in every aspect. Your dealer did you a real favour in discouraging you from getting Sony speakers and Amps.

Now what kind of sound did you actually want out of your install? Loud pumping bass? Or bass that integrates well into music without being very in-your-face? I think your feeling of disappointment stems from the system as a whole not sounding the way you wanted it to, more than anything else, right?

Now about the amp blowing out, you shouldn't really add that to the whole thing. Granted, it did make you feel worse. But you know electronic stuff fails once in a while. That's what warranties are for.

I think you should be taking this up with JBL directly. And you should give them some time to respond. Did you check up with the service center about the status of the amp after you gave it to them? What did they say? I'm sure JBL would replace a 1 month-old amp if it is too far gone, and of course, if you have a bill & warranty card with you.

Your sounding off on a forum like this without waiting a reasonable time for the company to respond does not really sound fair. More so, when your very first post in this forum is about this.

Now don't get me wrong. We are not sounding off back at you. You're here for help, and you will get it. In terms of advice and suggestions about how best your equipment can be installed. For this, you need to let us know exactly how the speakers have been installed. Pics would help a lot. How have the amp gains been set? Has the polarity of the wires running into the speakers been checked? Stuff like this. In here, ask, and ye shall receive.
Old 6th November 2006, 13:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Lots of action since I started typing!
Old 6th November 2006, 15:12   #23
Team-BHP Support

Raj by now you may have realised that while you chose your components wisely it was a maybe bad install (or different expectations) that was the primary cause of your disappointment.

Please give us as much information as you can and we'd all be very happy to help. the 601.1, 1202D, etc.. are all good "equipment".

BTW I have also talked to Sam about this (I take ICE very seriously) and it seems that he has already corresponded to you via email. Having read both emails (your email to him and his reply) I find that JBL has done their best to help you.

I can assure you that TBHP has no relation with JBL except for the fact that Sam (who does represent JBL) is a member here - he offers his valued advise here free of cost and trust me given JBLs sales in India any sales via TBHP are insignificant to their sale figures. Many here will testify that using Sam's name with JBL delaers has usually helped.

In my own experience I know that JBL equipment is usually well made. I owned a pair of JBL 2245 woofers at one time. You yourself claim that you chose JBL equipment after it was recomended to you by your friends. Obviosuly they were/are satisfied with their purchases.

Let us know if we can help. Like I said before, we need you to help us too.

Last edited by navin : 6th November 2006 at 16:29.
Old 6th November 2006, 16:14   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Well emails have been exchanged between Raj and I. After I made a small enquiry, it became very evident that the courtesy and and goodwill extended to Raj by his dealer was above and beyond the call of duty.
Old 6th November 2006, 16:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

and......

what is raj so pissed off about ?
Old 6th November 2006, 16:27   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
...what is raj so pissed off about ?
If he needs help getting "better" soud from his ICE so be it we are here to help. It is the only reason I wake up in the morning and come to this forum.

Raj, this is now your thread. Let us know what problems you have.

Unless it helps Raj, no one else need post.
Old 6th November 2006, 16:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Dear Raj,

......and many on this forum would have given an arm and a leg for a setup like this ...
....and a kidney too!

Well, Raj, I envy your setup - I am sure you will soon get to enjoy your ICE to the fullest. You sure seem to have a very discerning ear for music!

- Cheers and best of luck.

P.S.: Incidentally, I use a pair of GTO427 (front) and a pair of GTO927 (rear) speakers, a Pioneer HU, no amp, and no subs - but I enjoy the music pretty much. :-)

Last edited by johy : 6th November 2006 at 16:37.
Old 6th November 2006, 16:38   #28
BHPian

This is a touchy topic. The experts are now involved and I am sure that they will resolve the issue to the best of their effort.

We as team bhpian's need to maintain the required decorum and prevent this thread from becoming into a mud slinging match and I request all to co-operate.

After having read Raj's post I have come to the conclusion that he has spent a lot of money on quality equipment but has not had it installed properly. As a result of which everything has gone haywire. The experts and moderators are here to help Raj, if, and I say if, they are asked for their help in the right manner. I request raj to kindly co-operate and follow all rules and regulations.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th November 2006 at 17:17.
Old 6th November 2006, 16:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

These damn installers, spoil the whole fun
I'm sure more than a couple of ppl in here would have gone thru the same prob.. atleast i did
Old 6th November 2006, 16:44   #30
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys, the floor is Raj's. Dont spoil it for him.
BTW I have a suspicion that it was not even a bad install but only after Raj posts will we know more so let him. OK?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed