Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2006, 12:48   #1
BHPian

I intend to add a Mp3 compatible CD receiver to the existing MUL supplied audio cassette receiver in my baleno .

Are there any drawbacks modifications that need to be done or can it be fitted as it is and operated via a switch to decide between the two.

Is it advisable to use such a set-up

any idea what are the cometetive prices for a basic CD receiver with or without remote for kenwood/sonyblaupunkt.

am not a great listener and only use the music to break the monotony so dont require all the bells and whistles

have'nt found any real use fro the remote uptill now in my wagon -r
Old 6th November 2006, 13:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

abhijit, is there space below/above your current HU to add another HU? I'm not familiar with the Baleno, and that's why I'm asking.

You really don't need a switch to switch between the 2 HUs. YOu can feed the stock HU's output to the new HU's AUX in, and run all speakers etc from the new CD-HU.

A basic CD+Mp3 hu should run to 7-8K. Blau's entry level CD+MP3 is Mumbai, at about 7400/-if I'm not mistaken. You may find Pio HUs for lesser, but make sure you buy Pio only with Bill & warranty. Sony also has one HU (forgot the model) at 8K.
Old 6th November 2006, 15:13   #3
Team-BHP Support

abhijit any HU with an aux in will do. esp if your cassette player has a pre out.
Old 6th November 2006, 17:31   #4
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Sony also has one HU (forgot the model) at 8K.
Quote:
any HU with an aux in will do. esp if your cassette player has a pre out.
Sony Xplod GT250S or 350S would be a good choice, has aux in. One year ago i bought one 250 for Rs. 5500 (without bill )
Old 6th November 2006, 17:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

abhijit, since you say you just need the player to play songs to kill monotony I belive you dont wanna spend much on it. So in case you have portable mp3 player with you(like iPod etc) you can get a Aux wire from your HU(hope it supports that) & play you portable player through your current HU in Aux mode.
This would come very cheap(around Rs250) & will save you the trouble of buying another HU & CDs
Old 6th November 2006, 18:16   #6
elf
BANNED

Thought about JVC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284
... am not a great listener and only use the music to break the monotony so dont require all the bells and whistles ...
abhijit 2284: Since you're not much of an audiophile, the best option would be to go in for one of the basic models of an inexpensive brand.

Methinks one of the JVC Head Units would be a good idea. I got one installed in wifey's car for about 4 grand or so. It's available from most accessory shops, though I don't know about the bill/warranty part. PM me for details if you like.

The sound's not fantastic, but it's decent, & coupled with a set of JBL speakers (if you're so inclined), they should suffice.
Old 6th November 2006, 18:56   #7
BHPian

The Baleno Kenwood cassette has the ability to function as a controller for a Kenwood CD changer. Cost is abt 12K I think. This would allow you to use CDs with the original Cass. HU. The changer is mounted in the boot.

Most Viewed