Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2017, 13:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Video: The Roidmi 2s smart car charger with Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
I have had no issues with the fitment or the sound quality in various cars i've tested.
Only in XUV the fitment was little loose, due to worn out Cigarette lighter.
Yeah, like i said, Punto is again one of those which has issues with the socket.
It doesn't have the circlip type as mentioned on Roidmi's specs.

Quote:
With the sound quality too never had an issue.
As my audiophile sound engineer and musician friends enjoyed it without any complaints.
I also tested it with Western classical, pop, rock, country, Rahman and various other genres reaching at the same conclusion consistently every single time.

Was yours the newer Roidmi 2s?
Yes it was.
I'm quite surprised your friend didn't have anything to say on the sound quality.

I found the same song sounded better through the Punto Blue n Me USB module. It lost a lot of detail coming through the radio.
stewie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 16:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Yeah, like i said, Punto is again one of those which has issues with the socket.
It doesn't have the circlip type as mentioned on Roidmi's specs.

Yes it was.
I'm quite surprised your friend didn't have anything to say on the sound quality.

I found the same song sounded better through the Punto Blue n Me USB module. It lost a lot of detail coming through the radio.
May be the use of adapter will solve your problem.
But the quality of sound is very much there, as I have experienced it first hand.
My friend on the other hand is a percussionist and professional sound engineer with trained ears so i very much trust his assessment.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6479174/

Just very much surprised as to why you're getting the poor quality output.
May be any defects in your unit? Or lower version bluetooth in your phone? Or lower quality file?
Do test it in another car when you get the chance.

Last edited by johannskaria : 30th July 2017 at 16:16.
Old 30th July 2017, 16:24   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I bought one of these to use in my Grande Punto (Emotion). ....
1. Roidmi 3S is available on gearbest, should be compatible with all 12v sockets.

2. I bought Roidmi 2S for my Punto emotion (2011), not emotion pack. I have had no issues with the fitment on the 12v socket. It is a snug fit.

Also, I have tried it with Gaana and few songs on my OP3. In my car, the best audio quality comes from an Audio or a MP3 CD. Compared to that, it is not on par but it is still very good, very close. I do not expect it to be any better, given the FM transmission.

I cannot comment on the call quality because I dont use that feature.

Would I recommend it? Yes, whole-heartedly.
Is it VFM? Yes, absolutely.
5hadow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 19:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
May be the use of adapter will solve your problem.

Just very much surprised as to why you're getting the poor quality output.
May be any defects in your unit? Or lower version bluetooth in your phone? Or lower quality file?
Do test it in another car when you get the chance.
Tested with the same file across bluetooth as well as Blue&Me.
Phone used was an Le2.
Maybe, like you said, it was a one off.

Anyways, i've moved on. Found my peace with an aux to my amp
stewie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 20:36   #20
BHPian

5hadow, super tip. I've taken the plunge & ordered the 3S from the gearbest app. They've got a good promo on right now - about $17 including shipping. Will post my experience. Fingers crossed!
Memphis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 17:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Xiaomi-Roidmi...QAAOSwfVpYtpuk

Yes this is a Xiaomi group company.
http://www.roidmi.com/en/lcindex

I usually get stuffs upto worth 10k from websites like Aliexpress, gearbest etc. So do many fellow tbhp members. If any duties are charged on crossing borders,the postman/courier will collect the amount from you on behalf of the authorities. You can even claim refund in case of loss/damage in transit.
Thanks a ton bro for providing the link and giving confidence for ordering from international websites.

Unfortunately the link you shared for ebay has again expired (out of stock), yet I took the leap of faith and ordered the same from gearbest, if it is delivered swiftly then I have whole lot of stuff added in my wishlist
Turbo Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 19:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
5hadow, super tip. I've taken the plunge & ordered the 3S from the gearbest app. They've got a good promo on right now - about $17 including shipping. Will post my experience. Fingers crossed!
Please do put your user experience up on tbhp as and when you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Thanks a ton bro for providing the link and giving confidence for ordering from international websites.

Unfortunately the link you shared for ebay has again expired (out of stock), yet I took the leap of faith and ordered the same from gearbest, if it is delivered swiftly then I have whole lot of stuff added in my wishlist
Yeah it seems to sell out on ebay all the time because of its reduced listing price there.

Keep ordering you won't be disappointed.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 21:27   #23
BHPian

Ordered and received the Roidme 2s from Gearbest, received the same within 9 days of ordering (much before expectation), shipping and delivery was flawless.

I was bit disappointed to discover that it was not compatible with my charging socket of my Toyota LC Prado, however it has two sockets in front dash and it fitted perfectly in other one, I connected my Samsung S8 via bluetooth and it was instantly connected on default FM frequency.

Coming to the quality of sound, it is almost at par with AUX cable with almost zero sound loss, however the only grudge is somehow it is not working for taking/answering calls via bluetooth. When my mobile rings, the ringtone is diverted through car speakers, however I am not able to talk via the device, bluetooth icon keep connecting and disconnecting continuously.

Hope to find a reasonable solution to the issue soon.

Loud shout for johannskaria for this amazing and informative thread and answering to my queries patiently.
Turbo Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 01:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Actually, Amazon has a similar product under its brand Amazon Basics. The difference between that and this Roidmi is that Amazon basics works using a small receiver device whereas this one needs to be tuned on to a certain frequency.
I ordered the one from Amazon basics for my wife's brio and it does the job perfectly. Costs 1499 in the sale period.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 14:34   #25
BHPian

Finally, I bought a Roidmi 2S from miniinthebox.com which they shipped to Nagpur in 10 days flat.
I was able to use the device in my 2009 Ritz Zxi without any issues.
The audio quality is good and the call clarity is acceptable.
I could hear the audio very clearly and my voice was being heard at the other end even though the receiver would perceive that you are on some kind of Hands-Free device.
This is a very good solution for those still stuck on audio systems without Bluetooth. And the best part - no extra dangling wires. There is also an option for checking your battery voltage.
One issue that I found with the Roidmi Life app is that you can only select the stock music player of iOS to play the audio. I generally use JetAudio and Saavn apps for my music needs which appear to be unsupported.
Is there any workaround for this problem?
Old 2nd October 2017, 05:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

guys, how is the audio quality on the bluetooth/FM ?
also, is there any built in battery for the bluetooth? my current setup, the signal is too weak, and if the power drops for even a second, the BT turns off, and there is a deafening hiss from my HU
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Currently the 3s is available on Gearbest for $10.99. Tempting price!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks