Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 20:12   #136
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Exactly the same situation with me ! unfortunately, I am also using oneplus 3T - will have to test using different phone. I'll see Asus Zenfone, and will revert.
Which cable are you using? I am going to try using a good quality Type C cable. Currently the one in the car is a Micro-USB with a Type C adapter.
Old 26th July 2017, 21:12   #137
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Which cable are you using? I am going to try using a good quality Type C cable. Currently the one in the car is a Micro-USB with a Type C adapter.
Using the one I purchased online at amazon, maybe next time would try the one that came with dash charger.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 21:33   #138
BHPian

I tried using android auto in my friend's Brezza using original OnePlus cable with my OnePlus 3, it throws up an error while connecting, sometimes it connects but randomly the HU goes blank and doesn't respond. The issue is same if my car's android auto compatible HU.

The problem is with OnePlus phones in particular and not the HU. I tried android auto in his Brezza with Moto G and it works fine.

Last edited by mjumrani : 26th July 2017 at 21:36. Reason: Grammar mistake.
Old 26th July 2017, 22:59   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
sometimes it connects but randomly the HU goes blank and doesn't respond.
Its not that the whole HU goes unresponsive, but rather just Android Auto and the corresponding module goes kaput. If you click on home button on the HU, it would go to the main screen, and you can very well play FM and all. To get Android Auto working, again the whole process of reconnection have to be followed..
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 09:45   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Its not that the whole HU goes unresponsive, but rather just Android Auto and the corresponding module goes kaput. If you click on home button on the HU, it would go to the main screen, and you can very well play FM and all. To get Android Auto working, again the whole process of reconnection have to be followed..
I am facing this exact issue in my Baleno HU (2016 october manufactured, updated to V 1740). The phone does not get detected sometimes. A car restart works most of the time. The phone I connect also has the C type port - Zuk Z1. Could this be an issue specific with the C type cables?
Old 27th July 2017, 15:56   #141
BHPian

Anyone with a 2017 manufactured vehicle been able to use Android Auto after installing 1740?
Old 28th July 2017, 19:05   #142
BHPian

Hi,

I updated with 1740 version in my Baleno, it first failed at 96% and then installed correctly. Below are my observation.

1. To work it correctly it required high speed data cable, because once i tried to connect with normal cable it was not working.
2. Google maps work like a charm.
3. Playing music with google "play music" is buggy if you are not playing from playlist. like if you selected any song by saying Play, and then after listening there is no option to go to next song. Playing from playlist is far better.
4. Phone calls related functions works perfect.

One thing i noticed related to music, i see there is reduction in power of bass of music system. Like previously i used to listen music at level "2", now i need to keep at level "9" which is top most. It may be because, version 1740 is meant for dzire which comes with 4 speakers only. But Baleno comes with 6 speakers setting, so probably software produce less intensity bass (My thought).
Old 30th July 2017, 19:51   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Any suggestions for a good Type C cable? I'm not sure which one to get from Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Anyone with a 2017 manufactured vehicle been able to use Android Auto after installing 1740?
Does not work. I updated it to 1740, everything else works perfectly but no Android Auto.
911er is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 20:20   #144
BHPian

So 2017 models are left out of this upgrade, even if they didn't come with Android Auto? This sucks Maruti, makes no sense especially since you didn't ship 2017 models (except for Ignis) enabled with Android Auto anyway.

Also, how does Android Auto work: can it sync over Bluetooth, or does the cable have to be physically connected? And if the latter, does it at least support charging of the phone when it is connected to the USB port of the HU?
Old 3rd August 2017, 19:30   #145
BHPian

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-imageuploadedbyteambhp1501768728.136980.jpgAndroid Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-imageuploadedbyteambhp1501768744.849677.jpg

This is the reply received from NEXA on the official release of android auto for the Baleno.
Old 5th August 2017, 11:41   #146
BHPian

Noob question - Is it possible to enable Android Auto without connecting the Phone physically via the USB Cable? (i.e. via Bluetooth or WiFi)
Old 5th August 2017, 12:13   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Noob question - Is it possible to enable Android Auto without connecting the Phone physically via the USB Cable? (i.e. via Bluetooth or WiFi)
I think no. Wherever i have searched and whatever i have read indicates cable (physical) connection is necessary for AA or even mirrorlink or Apple Carplay.
Old 6th August 2017, 00:09   #148
BHPian

Upgrade to AA done on my 2016 Ertiga zdi+ which was running version 730 earlier.

As per the feedback from all others first time failed at 96% and the system gave a countdown timer of 300 seconds before shutdown even though I switched off ignition and locked the car.

2nd time it took 14mins and roughly 40 seconds to complete to 100%. Both times the update progress screen blacks out at 85% for a few seconds between 11mins and 11mins 20 secs.

I thought this 2nd update would work but my phone calls weren't going through and radio was remaining on even though I initiated a call.

Hence attempt 3 was called for.

This time again it went to 100% in the same 14mins 40sec and the phone and post successful testing the phone call function works perfectly.

Note. While flashing from stock to 2nd attempt the radio settings vanish coz probably what the system does is resets the software to version 0 ie. erases it on the 1st attempt. Could be because the 1740 version is not an incremental version and requires clean install. But on flashing again (3rd attempt) none of my radio settings vanished so it was basically akin to a patch of whatever was not working right.

Thanks to team bhp fans for the upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170805_214828.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170805_215215.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170805_215718.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170805_220250.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170805_220614.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170805_220956.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170805_223205.jpg  

xsrahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 12:32   #149
BHPian

My 2 cents. I had flashed to this update on my May '17 Baleno. As already mentioned by other members earlier, the upgrade completes successfully on the 2nd attempt. I used the update for couple of days (AA did not work obviously) before reverting to the stock ROM.

Not sure if others have noticed this, but with the AA update, there was a slight lag/judder in the performance of the reverse camera video while stock video quality was absolutely smooth. Better to wait for an official update from Nexa before enjoying AA.
Old 12th August 2017, 08:18   #150
BHPian

I did upgrade from 0740 to 1740. As indicated by many, install is struck up in between and 2nd try was thru. Android auto started working flawlessly. Note - remember to use factory USB cable comes with phone or any good quality USB cable that handle high data transfer. I found many cheap USB charging cables are not working.
Now we have the freedom of android auto and play music files from phone many supported apps, but sound quality was not to the mark! I tried with Xperia Z3+, Oneplus3 which are decent in sound quality. Then tried playing 320kBps MP3 files from pen drive, there was a marginal reduction in sound quality to my surprise. My little son later complained that sound is not great now and he was not aware dad did something in HU! Few tbhpians and other colleagues were having the same observation, but I was not convinced enough as proper technical explanation of reduction in SQ after firmware update is not there!
After few days, decided to roll back to the official stable firmware 0750 post hearing few songs closely. Voila songs sound better! Later my little also said the songs are sounding better! Now I can just summarize that there may be some sound processing at digital domain that is not perfected in 1740. Decided to happily live with 0750. I would rather wait for a stable release from Suzuki.
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed