Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 16:35   #241
t0m
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

It's been a really long time since I posted here .

In case it's not already shared, you can now play YouTube videos on the fly on the HU (without the handbrakes). Plus surf the internet and access music and videos from your local file system on the connected phone.
  1. Enable Developer mode from AA App > Menu > About > Tap the Header several time till you get the message that you are now in developer mode.
  2. Click on the three dot menu on the right hand top > Developer Settings > Enable last option "Unknown sources".
  3. Grab the latest APK and install. http://www.thekirankumar.com/blog/20...roid-auto-app/
  4. Connect phone to HU and click on the right-most icon on the AA interface on the HU and select Car Stream from the option.
YouTube is loaded by default. You can create bookmarks and access the local file system from the menu at the top.

Last edited by t0m : 7th February 2018 at 16:37.
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 21:54   #242

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Few things to note about this update. For everything to work correctly post the update. You need to do the following.
  1. Run Update-> Wait until the system asks you to remove the drive.
  2. Let it fully shut down BY ITSELF post update.
  3. Wait 2-3 full minutes for the system to completely shut off.(Suzuki seems to have implemented a sort of wait time before complete shutdown so that the system is in sleep mode to prevent boot delay if the car is restarted)
  4. Restart car after the wait period
  5. Settings -> reset
  6. Wait 30 seconds
  7. Turn off car
  8. Wait 3 minutes
  9. Start car and do your usual setup
This way the system detects your data carrier versioning correctly for GPS data (especially useful if you intend to keep the provided SDCard at home and use your own)

Android Auto connects will happen instantly. (without this reset process it isn't that it isn't quick; it's just MUCH faster)

The reset also seems to help with Bluetooth functionality.
BT will now correctly show a device as phone + Music capable on the Bluetooth settings menu

Side note - my previously paired Android Auto phones did not connect correctly post the update without the reset. So this was a hard learning for me. For a moment I freaked and thought that my risk of updating had caused me issues.
Second note - The system resets date and time to GMT. Go into settings -> Time -> Time Zone -> India and it will work correctly
Third Note - now Decimal Degree POI's will not work immediately as the system now defaults to Degrees, minutes, seconds. You need to change that for custom POI's to detect.
I followed the method to the T, It even finished the update in 2 stages. The first one stopping at 75 then shut down and second time going all the way to 100% and asking me to remove the usb drive for system to shut down.

After the restart I get the glowing "S" suzuki logo but then the screen goes blank. There is no backlight or anything on the LCD screen. Reverse cam works fine. But by pressing any buttons or touching the screen has no effect whatsoever.

I tried the update second time to make sure that there were no errors but I still got the same glowing logo and then completely dark screen.

PS: I tried with the 1750 version.

I need some help. What should I do next?
Old 5th March 2018, 15:22   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Android Auto is working flawlessly since last few months. There were some initial glitches which I overcame. I've used it extensively last month and Google maps is a boon. I tried Prime Music by Amazon yesterday and I was happy to listen to good songs. Technology has surely advanced.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 5th March 2018 at 15:29.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 18:11   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Android Auto is working flawlessly since last few months. There were some initial glitches which I overcame. I've used it extensively last month and Google maps is a boon. I tried Prime Music by Amazon yesterday and I was happy to listen to good songs. Technology has surely advanced.
I have been using AA on my 1750d unit on my Scross with OnePlus 5 ( on Oreo, FW 5.0.4). The default Google apps work flawlessly most of the time. However I am facing issues with 3rd party music apps such as Gaana or Amazon prime music.
1) To use Gaana/prime music I need to start the app on my phone manually and then connect phone to the car. Without this if I try to switch to the app on the HU, I get a "Xx app isn't working at the moment"
2) if I am able to get the 3rd party music app to run, songs play fine and tracks change as long as I give sufficient time between track changes. The moment I change tracks bit fast the system gets hung and takes minutes before it recovers. This ruins the experience.
Anybody else facing such issues?

Last edited by djkher : 5th March 2018 at 18:15.
Old 4th April 2018, 14:07   #245
BHPian

Hi, I am facing a strange issue with my April-2017 Scross ( updated to the latest software version from Maruti A.S.S. in January; AA is running fine). From last 2 weeks, the option to select 'Aux' as audio input is not present in the media menu. Other options are there as before (Bluetooth, SD Card, USB etc ) only the AUX option is absent now. I was able to see that option until 2 weeks back. Any suggestion guys?
Old 13th April 2018, 18:27   #246
Team-BHP Support

Doc, the phone is getting seamlessly connected with iPhone's wire, but not via bluetooth. Any help here? Anyone..?
Old 14th April 2018, 13:35   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
It's been a really long time since I posted here .

In case it's not already shared, you can now play YouTube videos on the fly on the HU (without the handbrakes). Plus surf the internet and access music and videos from your local file system on the connected phone.
  1. Enable Developer mode from AA App > Menu > About > Tap the Header several time till you get the message that you are now in developer mode.
  2. Click on the three dot menu on the right hand top > Developer Settings > Enable last option "Unknown sources".
  3. Grab the latest APK and install. http://www.thekirankumar.com/blog/20...roid-auto-app/
  4. Connect phone to HU and click on the right-most icon on the AA interface on the HU and select Car Stream from the option.
YouTube is loaded by default. You can create bookmarks and access the local file system from the menu at the top.
Thanks, I tried it out but all I get is this screen with audio. Clicking last icon asks to exit Android auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20180414_132823.jpg  

Old 14th April 2018, 14:13   #248
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Thanks, I tried it out but all I get is this screen with audio. Clicking last icon asks to exit Android auto.
Google has blocked this feature in Android Auto 3.0+. You will need to install a version prior to that, any variant of version 2.9 will work. Working flawlessly for me.

To make AA version 3.0+ work, you need to do some ADB stuff.

Last edited by t0m : 14th April 2018 at 14:22.
Old 14th April 2018, 15:33   #249
BANNED

Wireless support for Android Auto is now officially available

Google has officially announced the availability of Android Auto Wireless, a feature which allows your phone to connect to your Android Auto head unit using WiFi.

Quote:
The functionality is currently only available in North America, and the list of supported smartphones currently includes Pixels (both first and second gen), Nexus 5X, and Nexus 6P.

"Additional device support will be coming in the future," the company said in the announcement post.
Source

How to get the Wireless Android Auto, this is what you'll need:
  1. A car or aftermarket receiver that is compatible with Android Auto Wireless.

2. A Pixel or Nexus phone with Android 8.0 ("Oreo") or higher as follows:
    • Pixel or Pixel XL
    • Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL
    • Nexus 5X or 6P

3. The Android Auto app version 3.1 and up.

4. A high-quality USB cable for initial setup.

Android Auto Help
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 17:45   #250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Doc, the phone is getting seamlessly connected with iPhone's wire, but not via bluetooth. Any help here? Anyone..?
Tried with multiple iPhones today, same issue. Music and everything works if connected via USB, but once you remove the USB [the lightning cable] the calling function works but music refuses to play. It asks to connect via USB. And once I go to media > bluetooth > it says, no media files found. Whereas music plays in a Mahindra and multiple Fords [again tried today] via the app [wynk/Jio/YouTube]
Old 17th April 2018, 16:37   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Tried with multiple iPhones today, same issue. Music and everything works if connected via USB, but once you remove the USB [the lightning cable] the calling function works but music refuses to play. [wynk/Jio/YouTube]
I have a similar problem too. iPhone gets seamlessly connected via the cable. But never recognizes the music system via bluetooth.

No problems with android phones though. Both cable and bluetooth worls perfectly.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 06:35   #252
Team-BHP Support

Now, my iPhone is being paired with the Swift's infotainment to play music. Post the update, for once, I had to play music from Apple Music and then I can play from any other app. It works.

But they had to contact someone from the plant [Manesar] for this.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 17:25   #253
BHPian

Bosch has released the new version of thee SLDA 1760.1 . Not sure of the new features hope Maruti gives us the update soon.

http://oss.bosch-cm.com/suzuki.html
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 11:25   #254
BHPian

XDA member has found out a way to connect to android auto wireless on HU which does not have wireless capability.

I have not tried it yet but posting it here if any other other members want to try.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...-auto-t3813163

Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:40   #255
hnp

Managed to upgrade my Ertiga's system to 1750 today! Followed the same procedure everyone had mentioned earlier. I stared at the screen until it reached about 20% and went to get ready for work. When I came back, it was back at 1% mark, so I assume it had failed once and had restarted.

This time it went through without a problem. But post upgrade screen went blank for a long long time and scared the hell out of me! Then I tried touching the power button on the system and it came to life like it was just sleeping.

I see that the thread doesn't have access to 1750 files. Here is Google Drive link to same

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vd_...ew?usp=sharing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks