Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2017, 14:39   #76
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Updated it on the S-Cross Zeta Dec 2016 Manufacture. It works like a charm. Wife has a May 2017 Baleno Alpha - so I shall wait for someone to have better luck with 2017 vehicles before I dare to tinker with her car.

Points from the update -

1. Failed at 96% as expected

2. Second time around, it installed. The whole process took 25 mins inclusive of both installs. About 5 mins to download the zip file - so in 30 mins or so, you are golden.

3. The progression bar of the install is not very logical. So even if you think it has stalled, have patience - it will eventually progress.

4. I didn't realize that it doesn't connect wirelessly. You need to plug your Android Phone into the USB slot via cable.

5. The buttons on the touch screen are surprisingly not as responsive in this mode. I guess it is just a matter of getting used to it.

Last edited by invidious : 19th July 2017 at 14:40. Reason: Spelling
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 15:50   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The MASS details are below. They are located on the Mumbai highway, on the left, 1.5 km after we cross Lingampally and proceed towards Patancheru.

Sai Service
PLOT NO. B-21 AND B-34,BHEL ANCILLARY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE,RAMACHANDRAPURAM, Hyderabad, Telangana 502032

Called up this Sai Service, they say: we will confirm and tell you if update is available.. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanveerahmed View Post
Called up this Sai Service, they say: we will confirm and tell you if update is available.. :-(
Got a call from them, they will update 1740 only for Ignis and Baleno. Not other cars.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th July 2017 at 21:16. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 19th July 2017, 17:09   #78
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

I also updated it. Thanks to fellow scross owners for sharing the file.
The best part about the system for me is using google maps. I have always found it way better than stock navigation.
The first time update failed at 96/100. Second time it got installed without any fuss. The file source is shared in the above posts. It is a very easy process and you only need one empty pen drive (fat-32 formatted) with more than 2.5gb space. A good internet connection to download the file and approximate 30 mins of time.
Thank you.
Old 19th July 2017, 20:03   #79
BHPian

I have updated it too on my Baleno Alpha Oct 2015 model. Followed the exact same steps - failed at 96% first time, worked like a charm the next time.

Noted the following when tested with my phone One Plus 5:
1. Made 2 longish calls, no call drops and call quality is good.
2. No need to press the mic symbol for voice command.. saying 'Ok Google' works... phrases like ' call [name]', 'play music', ' navigate to [place]', ' show me the route to [place]' etc works fine.

Thanks Dr.Naren and fellow bhpians, this is a fantastic DIY update.

Last edited by aravindkumarp : 19th July 2017 at 20:04. Reason: Corrected typo.
aravindkumarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 20:14   #80
BHPian

Updated on my Ertiga Zxi+ 2015.

Went smoothly and was able to use navigation and make calls.

Last edited by Ramon : 19th July 2017 at 20:39.
Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 20:18   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
I have successfully installed the Android Auto firmware on my S-Cross. Special thanks to Dr.Naren for his assistance.

Details of my successful installation can be found here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4236308

You will need to download the installation files from here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...XFxYjF4MUxwMms
Unfortunately, while clicking on the above google drive link, following error is displayed:

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file that you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

Grateful if mirror links can be created by those who already have the file.

EDIT: found a work around on this link https://www.ghacks.net/2017/04/14/fi...is-file-error/

Last edited by roamer012 : 19th July 2017 at 20:41. Reason: solved :)
Old 19th July 2017, 20:53   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Unfortunately, while clicking on the above google drive link, following error is displayed:

A perfectly elaborate video to bypass that error. Might help anyone.

Source : Youtube
rohiT Nonu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 21:37   #83
Senior - BHPian

I had mirrored the file on to my google drive. You can use that if required.

Here is the link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...XdBcHJHYlZIMUk
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 22:20   #84
BHPian

So, couldn't control the itch and downloaded the file. Updated the system while driving around (Left the USB drive plugged in) as said by someone earlier, only 2.5gb free space is required i.e. drive with a capacity of less than 4gb (In my case it was 3.5 gigs) will also work. Further happy to report that voice command button was functioning (if you ignore a minor miss here and there) apart from the hands-free "OK GOOGLE" command or pressing the mic button on the top right corner of the screen. I was using a friend's Redmi budget phone for which I especially drove down at this hour and things went like textbook with the first failure at 96% and then smooth update in one shot. There is a small timer at the bottom right corner of the screen which activates around 10-20 seconds of startup and as per the timer, the entire process takes 13-14 minutes not counting the failed update part which also takes a similar time. All in all, one can plan a drive of 25-30 minutes and things should be hunky-dory post that.
Now the itch to buy an android phone has taken over even though carplay on my iOS device is functioning flawlessly .
Off Topic - My personal take is that carplay is much smoother and cohesive when compared to android auto with exception of google maps which is a big plus in favor of android auto for most of us. Also accessing own music library felt like a pain in android auto since the same is not very intuitive and you have to access it through gaana app while there is no way to access it through google play music. This maybe because my friend uses the above-mentioned android device as second phone for running Reliance Jio hotspot, his primary driver is also an iPhone. Thus it might be the lack of apps which is causing this mess while accessing local music library.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 22:24   #85
BHPian

Quote:

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file that you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

EDIT: found a work around on this link https://www.ghacks.net/2017/04/14/fi...is-file-error/
I would recommend everybody to keep a copy of this file on their own Google Drive accounts for future requirements. I will try and create a mirror later tonight and update it. Thanks for the information roamer012.
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 22:40   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Few Points :

1. 1740 files are flashed successfully in all cars

2. All 2017 car owners and few 2016 car owners (mostly end 2016) have reported that AA is not functioning. But, other functions of HU are working perfectly.

3. Few owners have reverted to 750 version (files link available here) and it's successful.

4. Good quality USB cables / Original ones are highly recommended.

5. This is not official release by Maruti. Maruti can void HU warranty. Do keep backup of 750 file

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th July 2017 at 15:07. Reason: reverted back > reverted.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 23:08   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
You can close the armrest without making a groove. I have been running USB and AUX cables for a very long time now. Just make sure the cables are not in the way of the armrest's lock (located in the centre) and the armrest will close and lock without any fuss. No damage to the wires either, my AUX cable has been in use since Diwali 2015! Try it.
Thanks for the tip. It worked and I was able to pass the cable through a side of the clasp/lock, without impeding the armrest.
Old 20th July 2017, 01:21   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Also accessing own music library felt like a pain in android auto since the same is not very intuitive and you have to access it through gaana app while there is no way to access it through google play music.
So the Gaana App works? I had to sign up for a 14 day trial of Google Music and it is so-so. I've been using Wynk and Wynk does not seem to be supported on Android Auto - happy to be corrected if I am wrong.
Old 20th July 2017, 08:54   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also accessing own music library felt like a pain in android auto since the same is not very intuitive and you have to access it through gaana app while there is no way to access it through google play music.
I looked into Android auto apps and found an app named MD Player. I am able to easily access the music library in my phone. Do give it a try
Old 20th July 2017, 09:09   #90
BHPian

Yeah that might work but since I don't own android device so

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks