Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2017, 19:12   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Maybe this is the answer.

Anyway downloading it now. Will try the update and post here.
There are multiple zip files inside zip files. During extraction, it throws up errors so I'm not sure if it'll update or if that is the reason for failure on few occasions. Anyway, I'm not with my car these days so will wait for anyone who updates here.
Old 12th July 2017, 19:20   #32
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Maybe this is the answer.

Anyway downloading it now. Will try the update and post here.
Please do update if you are able to get through it.

I downloaded the zip file and there were two other zip files inside. Extracted all of them without any error and put them in a pen drive and tried installing it, no luck. Tied with the SD card slot where we load the maps as well, no luck there either.
The SLDA system does not seem to detect the software. Don't know if these files are enough to perform an installation directly on the SLDA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
If you are the DIY variety of bhpians, try this:

2) Follow instructions in the attached PDF to the "T"

Attachment 1654189
The above PDF mentions something about 13~14 files totalling to ~3GB. I see lot of folders here for about 700~ MB. Not sure if the PDF is mentioning the update version 1740_170221.
Old 12th July 2017, 19:34   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
The above PDF mentions something about 13~14 files totalling to ~3GB. I see lot of folders here for about 700~ MB. Not sure if the PDF is mentioning the update version 1740_170221.
The PDF says there should not be any folders and all files should be copied directly to the pendrive and not to folders or sub folders. Did you try it this way?

My download has crossed only 50%. BSNL Broadband
Old 12th July 2017, 20:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

The OSS file from the bosch website will not do any good. This is just a source file released to maruti. (Or to devs). What you would need is the file that has got the correct file structure.

The UK version of the 850 software can be downloaded here - https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_6QK...xport=download Download this file, extract it to the root of the USB pen drive (not inside another folder) . Plug the pendrive to the slot inside the handrest of the s-cross. Then start the car. The head unit will automatically put itself to the update mode.

This was originally available from here - http://www.suzuki-forums.com/4g-2015...ainment-5.html

Last edited by govigov : 12th July 2017 at 20:14.
Old 13th July 2017, 12:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
The OSS file from the bosch website will not do any good. This is just a source file released to maruti. (Or to devs). What you would need is the file that has got the correct file structure.

The UK version of the 850 software can be downloaded here - https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_6QK...xport=download Download this file, extract it to the root of the USB pen drive (not inside another folder) . Plug the pendrive to the slot inside the handrest of the s-cross. Then start the car. The head unit will automatically put itself to the update mode.

This was originally available from here - http://www.suzuki-forums.com/4g-2015...ainment-5.html
Thanks a ton, plan to try out this instllation. Quick question before I go ahead with the installation, does this UK Suzuki version have the Andriod Auto support as well ? Just want to confirm before I take the plunge.
Old 13th July 2017, 13:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
does this UK Suzuki version have the Andriod Auto support as well ?
According to this post on the same forum, it is unfortunately a "No".

Last edited by Aiel : 13th July 2017 at 13:07.
Old 13th July 2017, 13:09   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend took his Baleno to the nearest MASS yesterday and requested for 1740 Android Auto update for the head-unit. The SA readily agreed and updated the system with the new firmware. It's working flawlessly post the update. Today, another friend took his Baleno to the same MASS and got the work done.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 20:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
My friend took his Baleno to the nearest MASS yesterday and requested for 1740 Android Auto update for the head-unit.
Which dealer is it? I see your location mentions Hyderabad?
Old 13th July 2017, 20:59   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Which dealer is it? I see your location mentions Hyderabad?
The MASS details are below. They are located on the Mumbai highway, on the left, 1.5 km after we cross Lingampally and proceed towards Patancheru.

Sai Service
PLOT NO. B-21 AND B-34,BHEL ANCILLARY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE,RAMACHANDRAPURAM, Hyderabad, Telangana 502032
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 21:22   #40
BHPian

Quote:
The MASS details are below. They are located on the Mumbai highway, on the left, 1.5 km after we cross Lingampally and proceed towards Patancheru.

Sai Service
PLOT NO. B-21 AND B-34,BHEL ANCILLARY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE,RAMACHANDRAPURAM, Hyderabad, Telangana 502032
Lookslike it is time to have serious conversation with my dealer as well about it.

By the way ashis how is friends experience with the Update after using for sometime. Is the operation fluid

Last edited by indian21r : 13th July 2017 at 21:34.
Old 13th July 2017, 23:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Please do update if you are able to get through it.

I downloaded the zip file and there were two other zip files inside. Extracted all of them without any error and put them in a pen drive and tried installing it, no luck. Tied with the SD card slot where we load the maps as well, no luck there either.
The SLDA system does not seem to detect the software. Don't know if these files are enough to perform an installation directly on the SLDA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
There are multiple zip files inside zip files. During extraction, it throws up errors so I'm not sure if it'll update or if that is the reason for failure on few occasions. Anyway, I'm not with my car these days so will wait for anyone who updates here.
I too faced the same issues and was unable to do the update.

Anyway when this thread first came up I had called the Customer Care Manager of the Service Center (Indus Motors, Venpalavattom, Trivandrum). She had told me she would check and tell.

Today I called her again and she confirmed that they have received the update, but it would work only on some versions (don't know why).

Anyway she has asked me to take the car to the service center.

Planning to do so this weekend or early next week.

Other Trivandrum BHPians please note.

Will keep you updated.

Last edited by Ramon : 13th July 2017 at 23:30.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 23:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too faced the same issues and was unable to the update.

Anyway when this thread first came up I had called the Customer Care Manager of the Service Center (Indus Motors, Venpalavattom, Trivandrum). She had told me she would check and tell.

Today I called her again and she confirmed that they have received the update, but it would work only on some versions (don't know why).

Anyway she has asked me to take the car to the service center.

Planning to do so this weekend or early next week.

Other Trivandrum BHPians please note.

Will keep you updated.

Keenly following. If this is true, then it should be easily do-able. Looks like there are multiple MASS's doing the update. I am not sure why NEXA and MS is still not officially announcing the update. If one of you can talk to your friends from MASS and get the upgrade/update file it would be great as we could do the update on our own.

Last edited by govigov : 13th July 2017 at 23:28.
Old 14th July 2017, 09:35   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Lookslike it is time to have serious conversation with my dealer as well about it.

By the way ashis how is friends experience with the Update after using for sometime. Is the operation fluid
He has used it for a day and didn't find any issues. Android Auto is working fine. Voice command button doesn't work while AA is working. You have touch the MIC button on the screen to start voice command. Once you exit AA and come to normal interface screen, the button starts working.

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th July 2017 at 09:40.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 09:46   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. Voice command button doesn't work while AA is working. You have touch the MIC button on the screen to start voice command. Once you exit AA and come to normal interface screen, the button starts working.
I guess that would be because Google voice is active at that time. How about calls? Can one take the call with help of steering mounted button?
Old 14th July 2017, 12:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Keenly following. If this is true, then it should be easily do-able. Looks like there are multiple MASS's doing the update. I am not sure why NEXA and MS is still not officially announcing the update. If one of you can talk to your friends from MASS and get the upgrade/update file it would be great as we could do the update on our own.
Today, I called up MS call centre to enquire about the same. They claimed that they are receiving many queries for the AA updates, however their management has not shared any official communication regarding it.
They asked me to check with my service centre's workshop department for more technical details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks