Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2006, 14:57   #16
BHPian

Hey I really don't knw much about the technicals but Touqueer frm Autofusion got me this cable (for 200 bucks!!!!) for my ipod vid 30gig.. on the ipod the adapter goes into the headphone socket

I have tried to find differences in quality b/w my burnt audio cd and the mp3 on the ipod.. and frankly speaking I don't feel too much of a difference..

Could neone pls enlighten me to as to what this kind of cable is called??
Also, I change music through my ipod only.. I haven't read the 6850 manual yet but are there some best practices to use the ipod?
Old 12th November 2006, 19:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank
I change music through my ipod only.. I haven't read the 6850 manual yet but are there some best practices to use the ipod?
Yes..
Pioneer CDIB100II Ipod Adapter.
If you install ipod adapter then you can browse songs from HU and ipod also and your ipod will be charged via same cable.

Link.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 13th November 2006, 09:32   #18
BHPian

Pioneer CDIB100II Ipod Adapter.

Any idea how much this thing costs Mugen?
Old 13th November 2006, 10:24   #19
Team-BHP Support

Mayank grey market here costs 6K. I just found out yesterday at national market.
Old 13th November 2006, 16:16   #20
BHPian

oh yes i remember touqueer telling me that the other day but dint have a clue as to wat he was talking about.. At the moment Im doing with a 200 bucks cable .. (got ripped off there I'm sure)
It works fine for me - sound quality is good and im happy working off the ipod itself, but - You have to make sure the pod has got enough charge
Old 13th November 2006, 16:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
oh yes i remember touqueer telling me that the other day but dint have a clue as to wat he was talking about.. At the moment Im doing with a 200 bucks cable .. (got ripped off there I'm sure)
It works fine for me - sound quality is good and im happy working off the ipod itself, but - You have to make sure the pod has got enough charge
hye..and where does the cable go in ...i.e which inut source does teh cable go into in the HU......?
Old 13th November 2006, 20:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Mayank,

I got it for 5.5K Before 2 months from Delhi.

Mugen.
Old 14th November 2006, 20:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the moment Im doing with a 200 bucks cable .. (got ripped off there I'm sure)

Maybe not, MC. I'm using a premium quality MX stereo-to-RCA cable with my HU to pipe my iPod's tunes. It cost 250/-. Worth it too. OFC cable, real gold plated connectors etc etc. And the sound is really good. Maybe you got a similar quality cable from your installer. Going by his rep, he would be somebody who cares enough to give you a good quality cable. So don't worry :-)
Old 20th January 2007, 03:06   #24
BHPian

since you guys are talking about different .wav files

This is what i have noticed in my car the bass and quality difference.

1. Mp3 Fiels vbr and cbr.
either vbr and cbr ones these mp3 bit files generally neutralise the volumes of the songs. Effective enough in my stero.

2. Wav Files : the best i'd recommend , its gives me a tighter bass, good clarity and best of top notch of voulme settings.

3. ogg,aac, wma: - ogg oh damn no treble quality at all. wma at the highest birate gives very good clairty all together at very small size file.

4. AC3 : if you got a ice sys to the core you gotta try it out. but watch you can blow out your speakers. Clairty is too damn clear .. but the bass is minimal which is kinda good .. not much and not too less bass. dont this with laptop connected.

P.S : i ve checked these formats all on default hu player settings, no changes made to the audio settings on all formats.

My 100 % percent always goes to wav. the best i'd recommend for good quality music. : )

P.S : -these are just my views on these formats, other may have different views, since i have been Dj in on vinlys and wav format cds for a long time. : )
Old 20th January 2007, 04:29   #25
BHPian

Hello guys..here is my 2 bits on Audio formats. This might be OT though. here goes..
i wouldnt know about other file formats like aac and stuff but i do know about mp3 and wav..I only use uncompressed .WAV files for audio. Anything less and i mean ANYTHING less like aac or mp3 or oob where compression is involed , you will never get to hear the complete song(as was recorded by the artist). what i mean is, a frequency loss is Gauranteed.
Basically if you compress you loose.Thats it.
P.s Also with 30 gb and 60 gb ipods around. Why compress? just keep WAV failes. They play just fine .
boom

Last edited by Tool : 20th January 2007 at 04:36.
Old 20th January 2007, 04:36   #26
BHPian

hi,

IMO using the IPOD is the better choice as everyone has said. imagine having all your music on a single device. ofcourse if it has a big enough hdd. Even i am planning to buy an ipod for my car.

Can anyone let me know the price of different models of ipod and the best model for in car use? i only want to buy the hdd ipod.

what is the biggest capacity memory stick available. i have a psp which i want to use in my car till i get the ipod. i have a sony camera so the MS will not get wasted.
Old 20th January 2007, 06:10   #27
BHPian

hello
for sony devies the biggest memmory stick you can get is 4gb
check san disk for cheaper option or original sony meemory stick pro duo. slightly more expensive..
dunno about india but can be had for 99 $ at newegg.com
for apple ipod got to apple.co.in or for grey you can go to your local dealer. expect to get around 4-6 K off from the price at apple online.
boom

Last edited by Tool : 20th January 2007 at 06:13.
Old 20th January 2007, 09:53   #28
Team-BHP Support

Ref WAV:
I would request all WAV fans to try formats like FLAC or WavPack. They offer the advantage of storing lot more on a hard disk (about twice) with very little signal degradation especially when we consider that this soruce is being used in a moving car.

Ref: LAME and MP3
LAME 3.97 is nice. However in my expereince it's significant USP is that it encodes much faster than 3.96 and hence those of you who have already used 3.96 to make MP3 (esp those that used APE) need not rework the MP3s in 3.97. Note: my observations are only related to APE (VBR).

As far as compressed formats go most HUs will only understand AAC, MP3, WAV and other such common formats. OOG, FLAC, WAVPACK are not yet recognised hence the file tags cant be read and displayed on your HU's display. As larger 1.8" hard disks become available (think 2009) a solution to this limiation will also be created.

Lastly there is a software called WACK. WAC allows you to encode your music into multiple formats so with one rip you can get MP3, AAC, OOG, FLAC, WAVPACK and any other known format. All this is covered in greater detail on hydrogenaudio.org.

Last edited by navin : 20th January 2007 at 10:00.
Old 20th January 2007, 09:59   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
Also with 30 gb and 60 gb ipods around. Why compress? just keep WAV failes. They play just fine .
boom
It all depends on how much music you want to carry. 60-80GB just about covers my music collection given my present compression (APE in LAME) ratio of about 1:6. When we get larger ipods (200GB+) then I would switch to WAVPACK which offers a compression ratio of 1:2 and very good sound quality.

Now on 60-80GB I can either carry along my ENTIRE collection in MP3 or 1/6th of my collection in WAV. I prefer the former.
Old 21st January 2007, 10:49   #30
BHPian

I would need 50 IPods of 80 - GB each to fill my entire music collection. DVDs are my preferred way of storing music. They can carry 1000 MP3s on a single disk. And it needs only 5-6 minutes to create / burn it. And the collection is growing....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks