Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 12:06   #16
BHPian

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. Went with most of them. Bought a couple of Saregama cards and also trying to find a neighbourhood shop for pre-filled cards.
Old 10th September 2017, 21:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: SD Card with pre-loaded songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Went with your suggestion and purchased 2 cards, I believe they have original rights for most of the music from the golden era and this should definitely sound better than app based. Will post here when I get the stuff. And they do ship on COD basis.
I think that is true. They have the rights to most of the old songs from various languages.

Just to try the quality difference between wav format and mp3 format for the old songs, I had bought the song Aaj Se Pehle (sung by Yesudas) both in mp3 and wav format. I was not able to make out any noticeable difference in my Denon stereo system or through my Audio Technica ATH-M50x (played from my laptop Dell Precision M4800 using VLC & Windows Media Player) headphones. Someone with better equipment and/or more sensitive ears may hear some difference. So later on, I only bought mp3 format for the old songs and chose wav format only for the songs that were on this side of the 90s.

Also typically they run some good discounts during the monsoon & independence day for songs/albums (not for the SD cards, I think). This year the discount was 60% during the monsoon and 75% during the week of independence. I have also found their customer support to be good where I had to use it in one instance. I had bought an old Malayalam song based on the title (without listening to the audio preview since I already was familiar with the song). However, when I downloaded the song, I found that it was a Marathi song. I wrote to them and they made the required correction.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks