Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2017, 20:08   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
Probably, that's how you should be going about with any map updates.
Hmm, that's just the firmware not the maps. My unit is a May '17 manufacture and probably has this FW version which dates back to 30/1/17. Still to check the firmware version as I have not driven the car today.

There is an application naviextras which doesn't seem too useful. I am also looking to see if Pioneer India can help me out. Expected better support for what I believe is their most expensive HU and to top it off I have one of their former top of the line LX series AV receivers! Not good Pioneer, not good. Hope this isn't a sign that portends the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Found this pop up, i think this may be of help
Yep, saw this pop-up when I visited their site and signed up with the details. I am not sure when I can expect to receive a response.
Old 29th September 2017, 12:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
Pioneer did provide me the code for Navi Maps and the Car Connectivity thing. I was able to activate the same without any fuss on my iPhone6. What issue did you face during activation?
Great choice there Vinodh! Wishing you a hassle free experience.

Coming to the issue I faced about activation, when I click on the link given by Pioneer, NaviMaps says its an invalid code. I had already bought NaviMaps a couple of years back. So, when this code tries to register again, it may be throwing an exception. May be I had to de-register with NaviMaps and then I should have have tried with codes given by Pioneer, but there is no way for anyone to de-register. Its a dead end. Pioneer is unable to resolve my issue. Poor support from them. I couldn't wait and just bought off the car connectivity key using in-app purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
The HU comes preloaded with the maps but I still trying to figure out how to update/upgrade the maps when necessary... I assume the map provider is Mapmyindia. We you able to find how to do this? The instructions arent very clear. I called the Pioneer toll free # today but got no response.
This is the one reason why I waited so long for a HU which can run maps off of the phone. Pioneer is non committal about map updates. Let me do some R&D to resolve your map-update issue.

Quote:
@bsdbsd - my apologies for having brought in my new HU's discussion into your thread. I'll try and keep it to a minimum and move any detailed posts to my ICE upgrade thread the link to which I had shared earlier.
Absolutely no problem. I don't see an issue at all. You folks are too nice! This thread is about HUs anyway.

Quote:
Yep, saw this pop-up when I visited their site and signed up with the details. I am not sure when I can expect to receive a response.
This pop-up is only applicable for few models. I can get them for you if you need. You should've gotten the links in your email within a short amount of time. If you still haven't received the codes, you should talk to Pioneer.
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 12:34   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Pioneer is unable to resolve my issue. Poor support from them.
Well, let me add to this 'experience'. I called Pioneer's helpline again and thankfully this time someone actually answered the call. When asked about map updates she informed me that I need to contact the service centre. "Oh man, this is going to painful" I thought. This was a serious 'what the heck' moment.

I asked the rep why I cannot download maps off their site and she said contacting a ASC was the only way to get the map update. Only the firmware was available to download. I thought to myself, surely these people know a botched up firmware upgrade will brick the unit while a map update is far safer.

So then I asked her about my AV receiver's software and her answer was, you guessed it, yet another ASC. They have different ASCs for different product lines.

Not happy. This is too much of an overhead.

Quote:
This is the one reason why I waited so long for a HU which can run maps off of the phone. Pioneer is non committal about map updates. Let me do some R&D to resolve your map-update issue.
Thanks, appreciate the gesture. The thing is I don't know how long these map updates will be provided, in the sense only during warranty or for 'x' years thereafter. And if the updates are free or paid.

Quote:
Absolutely no problem. I don't see an issue at all. You folks are too nice! This thread is about HUs anyway.

Quote:
This pop-up is only applicable for few models. I can get them for you if you need. You should've gotten the links in your email within a short amount of time. If you still haven't received the codes, you should talk to Pioneer.
I think my HU is excluded though I truly hope not. I know the same HU gets updates and paid maps for wider geographies but via a website Pioneer Naviextras

Last edited by R2D2 : 29th September 2017 at 12:41. Reason: typos
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 14:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I know the same HU gets updates and paid maps for wider geographies but via a website Pioneer Naviextras
Can you try the link below?

https://pioneer-india.in/news/13/avi...n-map-upgrade/
Old 29th September 2017, 15:31   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you try the link below?[/url]
@bsdbsd, thanks for the link.

Unfortunately my HU model is not amongst those listed as compatible.

At the bottom of the page is the fine print. So, you need to visit the ASC and pay Rs 3K after 60 days. Not good. Certainly not the most encouraging support from Pioneer. I quote:

Quote:
Map update instructions
Due to complicities involved in map update we recommend customers to visit nearest service center. Click here to view service center list.

Charges
Note- Map updates are free within the first 60 days form the day the head-unit received the first navigation signal. After 60 days from the day the system receives signal, map update will be chargeable.

Charges applicable: INR 3,000/-
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 20:45   #36
BHPian

All, I updated to iOS 11 today and it broke compatibility with Pioneer. Navimaps and Waze both are broken. Other apps have suddenly become paid apps. This is beyond ridiculous. Please dont update to iOS 11 unless absolutely required. If this continues, I will have to buy an Android just for car. Not done Apple...
bsdbsd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 07:47   #37
BHPian

Quick Question: Does the unit have provision to keep the rear cam turned on all the while (not only while reversing)? Have heard of some pioneer units having this feature but not sure if this one in particular.
The idea is to play music/handle calls while displaying the rear cam on the HU screen.
Old 4th October 2017, 16:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman07 View Post
Quick Question: Does the unit have provision to keep the rear cam turned on all the while (not only while reversing)? Have heard of some pioneer units having this feature but not sure if this one in particular.
The idea is to play music/handle calls while displaying the rear cam on the HU screen.
No such option. It lights up only when you put the vehicle in reverse. Seeing rear camera feed while driving would be disorienting - but if the unit records the same, then it makes sense.
Old 4th October 2017, 16:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
All, I updated to iOS 11 today and it broke compatibility with Pioneer. Navimaps and Waze both are broken. Other apps have suddenly become paid apps. This is beyond ridiculous. Please dont update to iOS 11 unless absolutely required. If this continues, I will have to buy an Android just for car. Not done Apple...
To all users of Pioneer HUs + Apple Hardware:

iOS 11 has broken AppRadio compatibility - and the fault lies with Pioneer, not with Apple. Read the notice below:

http://pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadioMode

All Apple users: Please desist from upgrading to iOS 11 for now. No solution currently in place other than to stay at 10.x.

Its a shame that Pioneer has let this happen. They were sitting on their hands all these days...
Old 4th October 2017, 18:56   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All Apple users: Please desist from upgrading to iOS 11 for now. No solution currently in place other than to stay at 10.x.

Its a shame that Pioneer has let this happen. They were sitting on their hands all these days...
Too late for me I guess, just updated to 11.0.2 this morning. Pioneer & other consumer electronic companies are well known for sitting on their rear ends for indefinite periods of time. I don't expect a firmware upgrade anytime soon even for my brand new HU. Oh well, I'll use standard BT only.
Old 5th October 2017, 12:01   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Too late for me I guess, just updated to 11.0.2 this morning. Oh well, I'll use standard BT only.
Quote:
To all users of Pioneer HUs + Apple Hardware:

iOS 11 has broken AppRadio compatibility - and the fault lies with Pioneer, not with Apple.
My iPhone automatically upgraded to iOS11 but since I do NOT use CarPlay this does not affect me (although I have not used my iPhone on the Car HU since this upgrade).
Old 6th October 2017, 15:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bsdbsd, that's a sweet install.

Could you please let me know if this headunit is compatible with One plus X?

My main requirements to upgrade from stock ICE is to ensure I get bigger display and Google/Map my India maps.

Also, how does the offline maps function?
Old 6th October 2017, 17:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

My main requirements to upgrade from stock ICE is to ensure I get bigger display and Google/Map my India maps.

Thank you Prodigy07. I have not tried specific Android phones, but with the Android phones that I tested with (Samsung etc), Google Maps worked nicely. If you can install Android Auto app on your One plus X, then you are good to go. Just verify on Pioneer's website about any Android OS specific disclaimers (Nougat, Oreo) etc.

Offline maps are provided by MapMyIndia Navimaps app. App is 600 INR, and Car Connectivity Key is 1,400 Rs. I have tried this only on iPhone. I am sure Android has the same mechanism. If you buy the unit now, Pioneer is offering these activation codes for free.

AppRadio enables some apps not licensed by Android Auto, or CarPlay to work on the HU. MapMyIndia is enabled for AppRadio. All you need to do is download this AppRadio app on your phone. Thats all.

Once you connect your phone to HU, and trigger Navimaps, you will see it on HU. As simple as that. When AppRadio apps are playing on HU, both Android Auto and CarPlay are disabled. You can make and receive calls using Bluetooth. Hope this helps.
Old 16th October 2017, 10:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

I have installed this HU on creta last week. I use android auto with my OnePlus 3T. Google maps/Gaana apps works very well. Also offline navigation also works well with the provided offer for navimaps, but I am comfortable with google maps.
Also i have connected 2TB HD vai and playing FLAC music files as well. It is a very good replacement for factory HU.
pradeepmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 10:41   #45

I own a 2017 Honda city, and almost finalized on buying Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT to replace the Digipad.
But I am ios user and since ios 11 has broken Appradio features I am reconsidering my decision with going ahead with the pioneer hu.
The next best option is theSony XAV-AX100.
Any suggestions as to should I wait for Pioneer to update their software or go ahead with the sony or probably look for other headunits with apple carplay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks