Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2018, 08:35   #76
BHPian

Over the last few weeks, I have been facing this peculiar problem, the system goes completely blank on it's own. I tried pressing the power button to check if it wakes up the system from deep slumber, but the system fails to wake up. After couple of minutes or so, the system turns on after I press the power button.

Also, I recently upgraded from Oneplus X to Honor 10. Android Auto keeps getting disconnected. I have tried connecting the phone with factory cable as well as after market cable, but the issue doesn't seem to get resolved.

The player still has 4 months warranty left. Should I approach the installer and get the player checked and replaced if possible?
Old 24th June 2018, 09:00   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Over the last few weeks, I have been facing this peculiar problem, the system goes completely blank on it's own. I tried...
I had some weird behaviour that was inexplicable too. I took it back to debug it.

As part of the process, we reset and then disconnected my HU and connected a brand new one. After about 15 -20 minutes, we hooked back my own HU and everything magically was working fine.

I think even after reset everything does not get flushed out. The 30 minute wait would have drained any residual battery/ capacitors and completely reset the unit.

Suggest you try it before a warranty claim.
Old 6th July 2018, 17:50   #78
BHPian

Just got the Pioneer AVH-Z5190BT installed and yet to discover its features.

More will follow as I uncover its features.
Attached Thumbnails
Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City-img_3671.jpg  

sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 18:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Amazon prime used work fine but of late, it just keeps looping without starting.

Anybody else having this issue?

I am on 8.32 firmware and prime music used to work on this version
Update folks

Android Auto, Amazon Prime Music etc don't play nice with Android 8.1 sec patch June.

Looks like the OS is aggressive in cleaning up 'idle' apps. This causes issues in re-connecting these apps. So*, Android Auto goes to pair mode & Music Prime keeps spinning without starting.

The fix is to go turn off Battery Optimisation for these apps.

Go to Settings -> Battery Optimisation-> Battery Optimisation
Select 'All Apps' from the burger drop down

Turn off optimisation for these apps.

Now it will work well.

On my Nokia 8, the following was sufficient:
Go to settings - battery - battery activity manager - turn on Android auto & maps from the list below

Last edited by sridhu : 6th July 2018 at 18:34.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 18:44   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Looks like the OS is aggressive in cleaning up 'idle' apps. This causes issues in re-connecting these apps. So*, Android Auto goes to pair mode & Music Prime keeps spinning without starting.

The fix is to go turn off Battery Optimisation for these apps.

Go to Settings -> Battery Optimisation-> Battery Optimisation
Select 'All Apps' from the burger drop down

Turn off optimisation for these apps.

Now it will work well.
Android Auto and Google Maps doesn't seem to like each other atleast in my case.

I drive close to an hour using Android Auto with Google Maps turned on. After 55 minutes or so, Android Auto seems to have lost connection and crashes.

The phone fails to recognize my headunit until I completely switch off the ignition.

Whereas, Gaana and other apps work flawlessly.

Please keep in mind that I have turned off the power savings mode in Android Auto, Google Maps, Gaana. I've also enabled MTP transfer, USB Debugging mode on my Honor 10.
Old 10th July 2018, 05:17   #81

Hello there. Just wondering if you connected the head unit to stock speakers and not after market speakers. Secondly, did you also get a reverse camera function working as well?

Thanks buddy!
Old 10th July 2018, 11:39   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBoom View Post
Hello there. Just wondering if you connected the head unit to stock speakers and not after market speakers. Secondly, did you also get a reverse camera function working as well?

Thanks buddy!
Not sure if this was pointed to me anyways responding for the benefit of all. Yes I got it connected to the stalk speakers and got the reverse camera fitted and connected. Carplay also works flawlessly, I also got navimaps free (once I registered the unit on their website) and navigation also works like a charm.

Will post some pictures shortly.
Old 10th July 2018, 14:57   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Not sure if this was pointed to me anyways responding for the benefit of all. Yes I got it connected to the stalk speakers and got the reverse camera fitted and connected. Carplay also works flawlessly, I also got navimaps free (once I registered the unit on their website) and navigation also works like a charm.

Hello mate,

Could you please share a screenshot of the music player in carplay mode? Curious to know if the album art gets displayed in carplay. I've seen it displayed in iPod mode of most Pioneer head units; but not within carplay mode.
Old 13th July 2018, 03:56   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Carplay also works flawlessly, I also got navimaps free (once I registered the unit on their website) and navigation also works like a charm.

I installed Z5190BT and even installed navimaps on iPhone ( as it was free from Pioneer ). Whenever I plan to use navimaps, I cannot turn off iphone screen ( or suspend mode ) and the phone gets really hot. Do you have this issue with Android/ iPhone

Can we access apple music folder when connected to navimaps ? I could not figure it out. I can play FM in the background

Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 14:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Hello mate,

Could you please share a screenshot of the music player in carplay mode? Curious to know if the album art gets displayed in carplay. I've seen it displayed in iPod mode of most Pioneer head units; but not within carplay mode.
Album art wont get displayed (correctly) in CarPlay mode. I have attached a sample screenshot. It blurs everything and puts it in the background. Must be some Apple engineers idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City-music_carplay.jpg  

bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 14:21   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
I installed Z5190BT and even installed navimaps on iPhone ( as it was free from Pioneer ). Whenever I plan to use navimaps, I cannot turn off iphone screen ( or suspend mode ) and the phone gets really hot. Do you have this issue with Android/ iPhone
Can we access apple music folder when connected to navimaps ? I could not figure it out. I can play FM in the background

Thanks
Yes, you can not turn off the screen (with that irritating congratulations message) while running Navimaps. This is not an issue. This is how its designed. As you are using the phone's GPS, of course it gets hot. Mount it on the AC vent to cool it.

You can not access the music folder, but you can access iPod's music, by choosing iPod as the source (in lieu of Bluetooth).
bsdbsd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 14:56   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Yes, you can not turn off the screen (with that irritating congratulations message) while running Navimaps. This is not an issue. This is how its designed. As you are using the phone's GPS, of course it gets hot. Mount it on the AC vent to cool it.

You can not access the music folder, but you can access iPod's music, by choosing iPod as the source (in lieu of Bluetooth).
I still could not manage to play music in background along with navigation. It is either ipod or navigation. I could install waze application and could use it with app radio. User experience is not that great though.

I dont have access to Android phone, could you please let me know if we can play music along with google maps with Android Auto ?

Last edited by rahulskumar : 16th July 2018 at 14:56. Reason: removing spaces
Old 17th July 2018, 00:46   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
The unit supports rear view camera and steering wheel controls can be retained with a harness (costs 3-4k)
Why did your installer ask 3-4K ? My installer did it for Rs.200. I could get the system for 23800 from Reliable radio service in Mumbai. Overall cost came around 26800 ( I had to replace the front face plate which itself cost me 1700 and remaining difference includes price of harness and other small modifications to retain rear parking sensor ).

Initially I checked Sony XAV-AH 100 and it was available for 18500 but without warranty. MRP for Pioneer was 29900 and I did not bargain with them for anything as I felt the price what they quoted was way below my calculations.

I visited this dealer after reading good reviews about them in Team-bhp and in no way I'm related with them. Moisture was seen within the panel display when AC blower vent was kept facing downwards and I had to seal the top portion of the panel myself. I used black insulation tape and now the issue is resolved. Pioneer should provide water proof sealing for the display panel
Attached Thumbnails
Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City-img_1831.jpg  

Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City-img_1822.jpg  

Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City-img_1834.jpg  

Last edited by rahulskumar : 17th July 2018 at 01:03.
rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 16:31   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Why did your installer ask 3-4K ? My installer did it for Rs.200.
First of all congratulations on your new system. Regarding the price, just wow. I think I have been taken for a ride. Without references like this, I couldn't negotiate as the prices at that point of time seemed "reasonable". Note: The prices may have come down since last 1 year. Regarding the steering wheel control, I don't have the breakups. I remember him having telling that it cost about 4k. Armed with your inputs, I will go for a repair session now. Thanks a lot!
Old 25th July 2018, 15:42   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hello! I recently installed Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my car and while android auto worked without a hitch, I am unable to use Carplay.

I have an iphone 7 plus with the latest IOS update intalled and when I plug it into the unit, it detects my iphone and I see the carplay icon but appears dimmed and doesn't work. Can anyone guide me whats the issue here?

Secondly, is there a way I can stop the system from booting up every time I start the car. As I turn the key to battery on position the system starts booting up and as soon as I twitch the key further to fire the engine, the system goes off momentarily and starts to boot again. I understand why this happens, but want to know 1) Does it anyway impact the longevity of the system, harms the software etc? 2) Is there a way to solve this ?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks