Team-BHP - Pioneer 4850 setup in my Indica
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Pioneer 4850 setup in my Indica (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/19179-pioneer-4850-setup-my-indica.html)

Dear Bhpians ,

This is my first post in this forum but i have been an ardent follower of all the threads . I am really amazed by the knowledge that navin and the other gurus here have and i really feel like a novice in front of them . Well to cut the long conversation short i really need help for setting up my iCE.

3 years ago i had bought a Sony XM-620 along with pioneer 6"*8" speakers(Ii think ) and two pioneer (local ) door speakers. I really dont know the size and all but what i have heard is for Indica - door speakers one does not have much of an option. Well my sony got stolen :-( and i replaced it with a Pioneer 4850 . I love the display but the problem is i get too much Bass and hardly any treble.I tried tweaking the equalizer which improved the sound only marginally.So i bought a sony front (4 inch speakers i think ) dash board speakers for Rs 1350/-, which again lifted the sound a bit but somehow the sound experience is not very satisfying and i am thinking of replacing my rear speakers .So my current setup is :-

HU - Pioneer 4850
Rear : Pioneer cone 6"*8" speakers
Door : Pioneer Local Speakers
Dashboard : Sony 4" Speakers (XS GM1020 -SonyIndia Site )

If I want to replace my rear speakers which one do i go for , Pioneer 6991 , or JBL or any other company. My aim is to get sound clarity along with good bass .

Also is it a must to go for an amplifier to get the desired output ???

Please help

Welcome to T-BHP, nikunj!

From what you've said, I think JBLs will fit your bill. Before we start giving you model names, what's the budget? :-)

For sound clarity and brighter music up front, you should think of changing the front speakers, not the rear speakers. If you change your (front) door speakers to components, and lose the Sonys in the dash pods, you should get real good results. Even without changing your rear speakers.

Changing the rears also, will give even better results. BTW, your rears must be 6x9, and not 6x8, right?

Amping the speakers is not a must, but is a desirable. Components sound distinctly better when amped. To amp-or-not-to-amp depends on how much you like your music, and how much you don't mind spending. A 4-channel amp will cost at least 6K. That's the entry-level stuff. A decent 4-ch amp will run to 9K at least.

Give us a budget, and we'll give you suggestions for speakers. And for an amp if you want one.

Hi, welcome to the forum!
As for the setup, I am no Audio Guru, but I own an indica with Pioneer 4750(similar to 4850).
As hydrashok mentioned, JBL will be good, but you will these settings to get good sound. I have a 6 speaker(4 channels) setup with my HU and it sounds great with really nice treble.
My setup
Dashboard 2 speakers pioneer(6"), Front door, 2 speakers pioneer(4"), in parallel. So on fader when I set entire output to forward, I get sound from front 4 speakers. The rear channel goes to 2 rear speakers which are sony Xplode.
When I got these first the sound was very bad, and the installer(some guy in BLR, forgot his name) suggested that I get a wooden speaker tray. Its made of thick wood and cost me around 300rs.
After that sound improved quite a lot.
The front 4 speakers have an excellent treble response and I get reasonably okay bass with rear ones.
So when you go for the setup, make sure that the front dashboard and door speakers are in parallel, with rear channel going to the rear speakers.
Make sure rear speakers are mounted on a wooden tray and not on the plastic one which comes with the car.

Thank you guys for your response . Well I have not decided on a budget as such but I would want to know what should be the minimum budget for proper speakers given the fact that I would want to put an amp sometime later on. Will i be able to get good speakers for around 4 to 5 K . Also i talked to some of the dealers and got to know of two models :-

Pioneer - 6991 ( 5 way speakers )and JBL - GTO 937( 3 way speakers ).

Which one will give me good bass as well as treble without an amp.( Also wont pioneer 5 way speakers give me better bass and treble as compared to jbl 3 way speaker ) ??

I just bought the sony dash speakers a month ago and i really dont want to discard it .Is there any other setting possible ?? Also please forgive me for asking this but what exactly are component speakers and how much do decent ones cost . I intend to procure all the stuff you have mentioned from a dealer in Delhi who deals in grey market products.

nikunj,

a) Dont worry about the "number of ways" or wattage figures.
b) Define a budget quickly, we at ICE forum just love to spend your money
c) define the ammount of space you would like to consume (subwoofer, amp, etc...).

I am really fond of the dash location esp when a door location is also provided. The dash allows for very good stereo imaging and the door for better bass. Now this is what I would do....(it does depend on the budget). I would recommend JBL, Alpine, etc... for the speakers.

I assume the 4850 has 2 pair RCA out.

1. Get a nice pair of coaxials for the dash. 4" will be fine. we wont be subjecting them to any bass anyway. Budget 2.5K
2. Get a nice pair of 6" woofers for the door. Budget 3.5K
3. Get a pair of 6x9 for the rear. Budget 5K
Budget 11K.

Now get a nice 4 ch. amp like the Pio 6100/620 or JBL 60.4. Budget about 10K.

The amp must have high pass and low pass crossovers. connect the front channel of the HU to the amp (each channel of the HU will be connected to 2 channels of the amp via a Y connector). Set the Low/High Pass XO on the amp to about 200-300Hz. The Higpass outputs go to the 4" coaxials the low pass to the 6" woofers.

The HU's rear channels can drive the 6x9s.

Total about 20K incl. Monster Interlink Jr. or Twister RCA wires from the HU to the amp and a pair of Y connectors from MX.

What say you?

Well Navin all i can say is I Finally got your attention and also i finally lost a lot of money cause the way you have described the post , it makes me wanna go and get them right now . I have no problems spending that amount even though i may do it in installments but the thing is in many areas you have defined the word nice but no brand name. Just give me the brand ( as i am a total novice in that area ) name and i will take your word for it and go and get them .Thanks all oif you for your help. More power to this forum always :-) .

Hi All,

I am planning to ICE my new Indica Turbo!

My budget is max of 15k for HU and speakers, I don't know if I can afford an AMP in this budeget. I can stretch my budget very little... :(

The dash and the front doors can have the standard fitments of speakers, but I am also ok with getting a wooden tray at the back for some ovals.

I mostly listen to rock and pop. So I need the high bass and also treble.

What will be the best configuration for my budget?

I need to get my Indica ICEd this weekend as I am planning on going on a long trip on the next weekend.

Thanks in advance
Saurabh

Get a mp3 HU for around 4K. Lots of basic pioneer models do that.
For front get compos for 5K. So now you have 4 speakers (2 in door, 2 in dash) and HU and you have hit 5K.
In the rear get a 2 channel AMP(bridged) + sub(10") and you are 15K. Add 1K for install etc.,
If sometime later you want coaxials(which IMHO are useless at the rear) you can spend 3K more and get some basic coax.

Make sure that the front compo speakers are of the best quality.

The AMP and the Sub Woofer would take up all the space in the back. I use the boot a lot so don't wanna do that. Is it ok if I don't put the AMP and Sub-woofer and just put to Coaxials in the back, had decided to put
[FONT=&quot]JBL GTO 937 6X9 coaxials Rs.4500, at the back.

Is this good enough? or do i really have to have an AMP and Sub-woof?
[/FONT]

AMP will give you good bass,
You can go for 2 Coax(1 pair) + 4 compo speakers, total six speakers. Thats the setup I have in my Indica along with a Pioneer 4750. total cost will be around 9K then.

Thanks tsk.

I think 4+2 setup should suffice to my needs and budget.

Hey,

Got my system installed this Saturday. Had got this Radiowarehouse place on Wajah Road, Chennai recommended from quite some people so went straight there. Was short on time so had taken out 3-4 hours to do this.

My budget was very tight of around 12-14k. I wanted an HU which had a USB interface and MP3 playback. The decision on speakers was more or less very dependent on how much would go in for the HU.

So it was two front speakers in the Dash and Two Ovals at the rear with a wooden tray in my Indica, pretty much a very basic install.

After lot of looking at the tonnes of HU's available and doing a lot of bargaining i finally decided and approved of the following configuration. Everything is with B&W.

Setup:

HU-
Sony Xplod GT460US - Rs 8990/-
USB and CD playback
(Sony India - like no other)

Rear Ovals-
Blaupunkt GTx 693 - Rs 3200/-
(Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - Universal - GTx 693)

Front Speakers-
Blaupunkt BGx 402 - Rs 1500/-
(Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - BG-Series - BGx 402)

Wooden Tray-
Rs 700/-

Install-
Rs 450/-

Total Rounded off to Rs 14,000/-
----

Warranty on HU is 2 years and on the speakers is 1 year.

Its such a basic setup that I didn't expect too much out of it. But the system suffices my need and the front USB slot is a delight where I just plugin my flash drive and I'm good to go.

@tsk: the setup you
Thanks
Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

I am looking at a similar installation for my Alto (BG 402 in dashboard) and (BG 693) in boot with a Pioneer HU.

I believe you do not have a sub or AMP and I am planing a similar setup.

What is your feedback after using these speakers for a few months?