Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 21:49   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Blaupunkt GTb 8200 A: Added a subwoofer to my Vitara Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Thanks buddy! Well your commentary tells me you should have one heck of a boom blast setup in your car.
Well, it's a reasonably meaty dual amp setup but it's not there for sound volume but more for 'quality' and presence.

What you can do is instead of adding amps just upgrade your factory fitted speakers to components. I assume the Head Unit is powerful enough to drive aftermarket speakers that are a less sensitive per watt of output than OEM.

Quote:
Besides your in-depth knowledge on the speaker and music area seems to be a lot advanced, I feel so reading the last liner in your commentary. I can take some suggestions from you if I plan on upgrading my ICE further.
Thing is as a former budget audiophile my expectations from audio gear has mostly far exceeded my humble budget. So I've stuck to reasonably priced components but, most importantly, ones that sound good to my ears. This 'philosophy' goes for both home and car audio.

Here's more info on what's in my car - Altis Re-ICEd

Nothing has changed (5 years in Jan '18) except the HU got an upgrade to a Pioneer satellite navigation model in Sept '17.

Last edited by R2D2 : 14th November 2017 at 21:51.
R2D2 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 22:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Well, it's a reasonably meaty dual amp setup but it's not there for sound volume but more for 'quality' and presence.
This is what is more required than the sound. I do not know how to express it but I’m referring to those setups which produces pure music performance than being loud to ears.

Quote:
What you can do is instead of adding amps just upgrade your factory fitted speakers to components. I assume the Head Unit is powerful enough to drive aftermarket speakers that are a less sensitive per watt of output than OEM.
No idea of adding amp at all mate. Just an average music follower. So the current setup works for me. But like you mentioned, I’m going in for component setup in few months down the line. Yeah the stock HU should do for the requirement now.

Quote:
Here's more info on what's in my car - Altis Re-ICEd

Nothing has changed (5 years in Jan '18) except the HU got an upgrade to a Pioneer satellite navigation model in Sept '17.
Brilliant mate. Belated Congos I’m a bit disappointed on the navigation part available on my stock HU of smartplay system. It’s not so intuitive either. Apple CarPlay doesn’t have maps added. Maybe in the next 1-2 years I’ll think of an upgrade on this as well.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 09:27   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a worthy addition to improve the overall output of the stock audio system and is a more practical choice if one is on a budget instead of upgrading all the speakers. After adding this on my Celerio, the stock speakers performed better since they did not have the bear the brunt of handling the bass once its routed to the sub.

This being a small sub, the only drawback I felt is that its good to handle sub 100HZ frequencies and performs well when the crossover is set to around 80-90HZ. Anything more, and it will start thumping excessively and spoils the drum beats. Its best comfort zone is in delivering bass notes and chords, which I am a fan of. Hence, I have set the crossover pretty low and that does the job for me. On the HU, I have cut the bass setting to 0 and vary between +/-2 based on the need and the people in the car But as a product its for those who dont want to share the bass around to the environment and want to keep it in the car - meaning its not loud compared to a passive sub + amp setup for the same budget.

Quote:
He’s a trusted electrician of mine who’s done few other jobs for me on my car. So I can trust on the setup though I faced hurdles in between. He’s a person who understands a project first before accepting anything to be done. ..Which is why I was impressed. He didn’t blindly start meddling around. He showed professionalism and these type of professionals is what I recommend to my fellow drivers here.
No offense to you or the electrician, but if he really understood the product, then he would have saved your money spent on the Hi-Lo converter. One of the main USPs of this product is it can take both the speaker signal directly or be fed from a pre-out. The connector is visible and there is a switch too, to select the input. Hence, it was a cakewalk to wire this thing. There is also no need for a turn on signal for this sub since it can automatically turn on on sensing the HU from the speaker signals itself.

Enjoy the sub!
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 10:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This is a worthy addition to improve the overall output of the stock audio system and is a more practical choice if one is on a budget instead of upgrading all the speakers. After adding this on my Celerio, the stock speakers performed better since they did not have the bear the brunt of handling the bass once its routed to the sub.

This being a small sub, the only drawback I felt is that its good to handle sub 100HZ frequencies and performs well when the crossover is set to around 80-90HZ. Anything more, and it will start thumping excessively and spoils the drum beats. Its best comfort zone is in delivering bass notes and chords, which I am a fan of. Hence, I have set the crossover pretty low and that does the job for me. On the HU, I have cut the bass setting to 0 and vary between +/-2 based on the need and the people in the car But as a product its for those who dont want to share the bass around to the environment and want to keep it in the car - meaning its not loud compared to a passive sub + amp setup for the same budget.
Indeed a VFM product bud - looks like you are into music as well looking at the HZ terms you are talking there which is totally an alien language to me. But I will follow this crossover that you are talking about and see if I can meddle with the settings to see if it produces better sound

Quote:
No offense to you or the electrician, but if he really understood the product, then he would have saved your money spent on the Hi-Lo converter. One of the main USPs of this product is it can take both the speaker signal directly or be fed from a pre-out. The connector is visible and there is a switch too, to select the input. Hence, it was a cakewalk to wire this thing. There is also no need for a turn on signal for this sub since it can automatically turn on on sensing the HU from the speaker signals itself.

Enjoy the sub!
Yes - totally agree. Which is why I have mentioned in the write-up he did add a little inconvenience and I had to face hurdles in between. I didn't have any idea on the audio related installs. So I was solely dependent on my electrician

He actually referred me to another electrician who was well versed with installing sub and amps initially. But I insisted on my electrician to complete the install as I wasn't really comfortable in going to another electrician with whom I never had first hand experience of his jobs. But this man had proved himself on few other grounds when he had worked on my car since he was an ex-MASS employee. I was pretty confident and took the stand with a little tinge of salt

Last edited by gururajrv : 15th November 2017 at 10:26.
Old 16th November 2017, 12:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Based on suggestion received by our fellow bhpian Vikki@Hyderabad - I've attached the pics of the sub placed in the boot of my Brezza. This gives an idea of the prospective customer on the dimensions of the sub.

Please don't mind the cleanliness you may spot in the boot

Close up shot:

Blaupunkt GTb 8200 A: Added a subwoofer to my Vitara Brezza-img8990.jpg

Long shot:

Blaupunkt GTb 8200 A: Added a subwoofer to my Vitara Brezza-img8991.jpg
Old 18th November 2017, 00:33   #21
BHPian

Excellent Thread! I've been looking at this sub myself for a while now. I might actually add one.

Despite the naysayers of the package. Maruti Suzuki \ Nexa offer an EPIC Hertz components + rear coaxials + amplifier package at roughly 20k WITH Warranty. Mine's a brand new car.

My plan was to feed the pass-through of that amplifier to this sub for more "punch"shall we say. My requirements were reasonable sound at a palatable price. Thanks once again for your thread - I guess I will bite the bullet and get this after all.
valhallen.282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 17:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Excellent Thread! I've been looking at this sub myself for a while now. I might actually add one.

Despite the naysayers of the package. Maruti Suzuki \ Nexa offer an EPIC Hertz components + rear coaxials + amplifier package at roughly 20k WITH Warranty. Mine's a brand new car.

My plan was to feed the pass-through of that amplifier to this sub for more "punch"shall we say. My requirements were reasonable sound at a palatable price. Thanks once again for your thread - I guess I will bite the bullet and get this after all.
Thanks Valhallen! Yes this is a good product from Blaunpunkt. Caters to the need of budget concious lads like me since I know of little things in music world

I am really not that convinced or impressed with Hertz components or setup. Which one are you going for? 20k from MIL is a loot I can say. Refer to audio guides in the forum and you’ll be able to get a bomb setup done for same 20k done outside.
Old 18th November 2017, 19:07   #23
BHPian

I don't think it's a lot at all. The comps + coaxials + amp + wiring package outside worked out to roughly 27 for the same.
Old 18th November 2017, 21:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
I don't think it's a lot at all. The comps + coaxials + amp + wiring package outside worked out to roughly 27 for the same.
If you’re convinced with the quote, then it’s your decision mate

Let us know how it goes with the setup when you install it.
Old 19th November 2017, 21:08   #25

Congratulations on your new purchase! It should surely enhance your music listening experience to a great extent.

Quote:
Ha ha - surely mate will listen to the classics. I like any song with progressive music. Mostly into club and EDM as you said. Not an avid follower of any as I can’t distinguish the genre to be honest as long as it satisfies my ear drums before it’s added onto my favorites
Here are a few suggestions from my side that might help you unearth true potential of the SW:

1. Cocaine by Coronita
2. India Love by Coronita
3. Party Monster by Krewella
4. Toulouse by Nicky Romero
5. Magic Rave by Doctor Keos
6. Agymosas by Coronita
7. Rave by Sam Paganini
8. Gina by Droplex

All the above mentioned tracks are EDM's. I'm sure you'd like them. I hope I was helpful to you. Cheers!

Last edited by ampere : 19th November 2017 at 23:30.
dennischoksi999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 23:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennischoksi999 View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase! It should surely enhance your music listening experience to a great extent.
Thanks mate and sorry for responding a bit late. Welcoming you to the forum Wishing you a pleasant stay.

Quote:
Here are a few suggestions from my side that might help you unearth true potential of the SW:

1. Cocaine by Coronita
2. India Love by Coronita
3. Party Monster by Krewella
4. Toulouse by Nicky Romero
5. Magic Rave by Doctor Keos
6. Agymosas by Coronita
7. Rave by Sam Paganini
8. Gina by Droplex

All the above mentioned tracks are EDM's. I'm sure you'd like them. I hope I was helpful to you. Cheers!
I will ensure to download these tonight and rev it up over the weekend to see how it performs. Thanks for the suggestions bud!
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Firstly welcome to the group

Luckily I’ve fixed the knobs to the most favorable position and took a screenshot incase someone meddles with it, I can still go ahead and restore settings to its previous state and continue having eargasms
Can you please share your FAVOURABLE position? I too have the same amp and I have directly connected that with the receiver.

Here is my setup
HU : Blaupunkt San Marino 330
Amp: Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP
Infinity reference speakers in the front
Sub: Blaupunkt GTB 8200A

The Amp is driving the front and rear speakers while the sub is directly connected to the pre-out (sub pre out) from the receiver.

Thanks in advance

Girish
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Can you please share your FAVOURABLE position? I too have the same amp and I have directly connected that with the receiver.

Here is my setup
HU : Blaupunkt San Marino 330
Amp: Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP
Infinity reference speakers in the front
Sub: Blaupunkt GTB 8200A

The Amp is driving the front and rear speakers while the sub is directly connected to the pre-out (sub pre out) from the receiver.

Thanks in advance

Girish
With pleasure mate - pls see below if you’re referring to the knobs on the sub

Blaupunkt GTb 8200 A: Added a subwoofer to my Vitara Brezza-b31338868d40449dbb8b832080b23f97.jpeg

Let me know if this pic doesn’t help. I’ll arrange for a better one by tomorrow.

PS: apologies as I noticed the pic is in landscape mode since uploaded directly from mobile.

Last edited by gururajrv : 3rd December 2017 at 19:48.
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:
With pleasure mate - pls see below if you’re referring to the knobs on the sub

Attachment 1701951

Let me know if this pic doesn’t help. I’ll arrange for a better one by tomorrow.

PS: apologies as I noticed the pic is in landscape mode since uploaded directly from mobile.
Thanks a lot Garuraj Sir. This will do.
Looking at the pic, mine differs only in the X-over cut-off. Mine is almost to the other end. Will try to set it up properly and check tomorrow.

Girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Thanks a lot Garuraj Sir. This will do.
Looking at the pic, mine differs only in the X-over cut-off. Mine is almost to the other end. Will try to set it up properly and check tomorrow.

Girish
Anytime bud! Let me know how the output after the change in the settings

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks