Team-BHP - best subwoofer-amplifier combination for Rs.10-15k
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   best subwoofer-amplifier combination for Rs.10-15k (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/1929-best-subwoofer-amplifier-combination-rs-10-15k.html)

hey guyz,

i'm really really depressed to say that my two subwoofers along with the box was stolen around a week ago... just in front of my crib with 2 security guards and a dog. don't know how.

now, i'm planning to sell off the left over amp and get a brand new subwoofer + amplifier combo. my budget is 10-15k.
pls, help me with this. my preferred brands are pioneer and sony xplod. any new ideas welcome.

need deep bass effects to keep my sumo pumpin'

Hi
For how much are u selling ur amp as i may be interested.U can install an alpine V-12 amp with sony exlplode woofers as this is the most popular combination here at PUNJABand they sound very well and it keep ur Sumo pumpin:laugh:

what amp do you have. rms power in stereo/bride mode?
if the amp is good keep it and get a passive amp. for 15K the blaupukt velocity 10" DVS sub can be got. it need a lot of power though.

if you want to trash your amp then get a active sub. for 15K you'd get a 8" bazooka from blau. most others will be more expensive.

finally u can go DIY and build the boxes yourself. I have had good luck doing this. yo can get 12" pio 305Ws and built small 15" cube boxes (using 19mm MDF) for them the sound would be boomy in such a small box but this boom can be tamed using aperidoic ports.

hey, it ain't practical for me to send my amp from chennai to punjab. so, sorry ctob. btw guyz, i need amplifiers and subwoofers' make and model no.s 'cos i'm getting them very soon. pls. help.

I have a sony xplod 800watt woofer in my accord trunk. Performs pretty well....better than the 600watts pioneer woofer that cost the same price as mine. Dont know the model nuimbers and stuff sorry.

nitrous, you can get the lastest model numbers of the web. like i suggested earlier if your amp is a good one dont trash it.

hey. my amp is pioneer GM-2200 black 2 channel.

the main reason i'm selling it off... is not becos there isn't enuf power but whenever i increase volume beyond a certain point while driving.... it stops working and starts working again if i reduce volume in the head unit or rev the car very hard...

this thing gets annoying during the night with the head lamps and the a/c on. i have to listen at a very shameful low volume.

i'm tired of this problem...

if there is anyway anyone can help fix this. i wudn't sell it.

pls. help.

ok you seem to have a problem that involves power. 2 ways to solve this. get new amp or get nice 0.5F cap. this will keep your amp fed with power for the peaks. i use a similar amp to feed 2 12" pios in my astra. also had this probelm the 0.5F cap solved that. go to www.crutchfield.com for more info on such caps. atleast you'll know what they look like.,

dude nothin wrong with your amp, just get a good earthing wire & ground it somewhere
ur amp is fine trust me

hey navin, i've seen these "stiffening capacitors". how much do u think this 0.5F capacitor gonna cost?

where do you buy your audio gear from. ask them they are sure to have them i know bharat auto in worli does. their number is 24932735. Godspeed is right your wires (power and earth) must be designed to deliver the amps too, mayube I was wrong in assuming that this was already done. If you live in Mumbai and care to visit Team Auto Works (juhu- santa cruz) over the weekend you will see an while opel astra with the GM2000 driving 2 12" Pio. Maybe Suraj will give you a listen.

hey navin,
thanx for ur opinion man. but,sorry to inform u that i live in chennai.

this is what i've planned to do up!

a pioneer gm 6000F-->4 channel amp(do u think this is good) costs 9500 bucks.
a sony xplod 1200 watts(L121P5)--->looks good and heard it performs well!

what do you all think?

the links for the websites are:
pioneer: www.pioneerelectronics.com
sony xplod:www.sonyxplod.com

pls. i need ur advice!

cant log on to the sony site. anyway i'd look at the specs but also listen to both. can u listen tot he amp before purchase?

hey, i have a second thought of going for a pioneer 305C subwoofer. what do you think?

like i said earlier. the GM2000 is a decent amp for subwoofer uses. it can drive a 12" woofer provided the wiring and battery are up to the task. one way to keep the amplifer well supplied is by adding about 0.5F of caps. if your wiring and battery are not uptot he task upgrading your amp might not lead to a significant improvement. so pls check the power wires and battery /alternator condition before buying a new amplifier.

I have been reasonable happy with the GM2000 driving 2 12" subs in my car.