Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2004, 15:45   #16
BANNED

where can u get 5650 for 7500 whtever. i bought mine for 8500 last month. weird. can ppl please post all pioneer headunits prices
Old 23rd October 2004, 13:12   #17
Team-BHP Support

Tarun, Ref boot door. I dont see much of a problem withthis install only make sure the board you use is good and I would prefer attaching the speaker with t nuts. I have not expereinced this but what could happen is that after you open and close the boot about 30-50 times the speakers might get loose. The zen boot is an awful small space so this might afect teh low end response of the 6x9s. I would much prefer a rear parcel tray of MDF for this purpose. Another thing that you should watch for is that after you close the boot 50 times or so the speaker grills might pop loose. I would use a bit of crazy glue (cryosilicate glue) between the grill and basket (if the basket is metal). I think the fevicol company makes this locally.

allajunaki, the parcel tray would make a consdierable difference. I might even go so far to say the for th ruppe spent the parcel tray (if made well) might be the best VFM mod to your audio system. However most MDF parcel trays are too heavy to be lifted by the boot so you will have to left the tray manually. I am workng on a mod using resin bonded fiberglass for my wife's sail. WHen i get it done I will post the results. the idea is to make the tray light enough to be lifeted by the boot but stiff enough not to flex over it's 36"+ wide span. The speakers I am looking to install in my deck are 2 6" Vifa woofers, 2 4.5" Vifa midabss drivers and 2 1" tweeters.
Old 27th October 2004, 19:23   #18
BHPian

Hey Navin, thx....however installing speakers there would by anymeans affect the sound quality, how ?
I am prepared to go for this if there is remarkable difference in quality of sound. I have not opted
for rear parcel tray as i need the boot at times to carry stuff. Currently speakers are installed in side box.
BTW, I am still to hear about the alpine speakers i picked up ?

Also pls mention what price and make these Blaupunkt or JBL front speakers available ?

Tarun
Old 28th October 2004, 01:38   #19
BHPian

hey tarun sorry for the late reply but i had my speakers in the boot door for abt 6 years nd den for abt six months put them in mdf boxes nd then put them back in the boot door as the boxes made no sense to me as in they had almost no change in the effect or the way the spkrs performed and the other main aspect being that they were very space consuming so eventually chucked them out.
As for the cost of the blaupunkt front spkrs ull get get in the range of 1300-1800 theyve got abt 2-3 options select the one that works best for u>
Old 28th October 2004, 06:01   #20
BHPian

hey guys Just wondering, How good are Xplod Series Speakers??
I did a forum search and found nothing about Sony Xplod series....

Guys this is what , i think, am gonna settle for

*Pioneer 5650HU
*3-Way Pio Rear(its 2k right?) (Or should i go for Xplod? cuz My Car is a RED ZEN)
*2/3-way Front Speaks that work Under 2k (Blau,Pio,JBL,Xplod...Which One?)
*MDF
*Antenna
*and me to Listen!!

Also please understand that i dont need a VERY LOUD system... But i need a clean sounding one with enuff punch in bass and Clarity in the mids and crisp Highs...
Thats why im considering some 2//3 way up front...
Old 28th October 2004, 06:03   #21
BHPian

and Please reply quickly.. New system to be installed in 12-48Hrs time...
Old 28th October 2004, 14:26   #22
Team-BHP Support

libre, i did not mean MDF boxes. I meant an MDF parcel tray. the parcel tray would form a box with the boot door, sides of the car and rear seat so you'd get a much larger box volume which would / should improve the bass response of a 6x9. however the rear hatch door can alos be used. I would suspect that the primary difference would be better midbass/bass performance on a parcel tray. However not having had long term listening expereince with the boot door I will not guarantee this.

I usualyl buy speakers after listeing to them My installer knows this and usually will offer me 3 pairs of speakers in my price range to listen to. since most of these speakers are simialr in size and mounting dimensions it is not too much trouble for them.

please do not forget that he enviroment can also affect the sound so listen to the speakers in your car with your music. any installer who is not willing to do this should be avoided.

in fact on my wife's car my installer got me a MDF pacel shelf so I could listen to the speakers on the shelf. I was not under ANY obligation to buy the parcel shelf. Since MDF parcel shelves are available and the Zen is a common car I dont see why you installer cant offer the same service. almost every 2nd install i have seen in India involved 6x9 in the rear deck/parcel shelf / boot door so i dont see why your installer cant offer you this you are not ding something out of the ordinary.

for my car my installer had 3 different subs on hand for me to hear (10" DVC, 2 8" bass tubes and 2 6" Bass tubes) with my chosen amplifer in my car and 3 of the 4 tubes he had to get from Blaupunkt they were not in stock.

In short do not go by brand names. go by what sounds right to you. Your ears are excellent instruments. It is your system for your listening pleasure. Trust your ears.
Old 28th October 2004, 23:16   #23
BHPian

Hey ,
Finally put my system from Gandhi Motors.
This is My Configuration

Head Unit :Pioneer 5650MP - Rs. 7700
Rear : Blaupunkt GTx 693 (3-way with Translucent Cone) - Rs 3250
Front : Oxygen (some french company) Sphere 100W 2-way with external Crossover (I liked the way it sounds). Rs. 1750
MDF Board - Rs. 650
Antenna - Rs. 150
Connection Adaptor - Rs . 250 its essentially just a connector , wonder why it is so expensive!!
Fittement Charges - Rs. 150
Total Cost - Rs.13,900 (Quite a long shot from 12k, But im happy with the setup)

As i told ya guys before Im not a Bass Freak or a Treble freak, But Im a Clarity buff.. So i needed Clear audio.
I compared it with rjkulkarni's City... Man His City's Pioneer sounds awesome (5650 HU + 6990 Rear, and stock Honda fronts). But Since im not a bass freak, I opted for Blaupunkt rear and Oxygen fronts..(Sounds Cleaner In my opinion.. But oh well different ppl different priorities).
Now Oxygen... Hmmm.. Its an Interesting brand. The front speaks i put is 100watts 2 way speaker. Whats so interesting ? well the 2 way speaks has 2 seperate inputs, and they have provided with a passive passover(with heat vent and all!! I peeped in and found that it contains much more than Blaupunkt's 2 way front's Single Capacitor for filtering).

Intially Speaks were all mudlled an Murky.. But after reaching home sat for 20 Mins and did a quick fix... Now It sounds much better (Essentially ironing out Distortion in Blaupunkt Rears.. The reason was that HU was set to High Bass Freq. Lowered it to 40Hz and now it rocks.. )

5650 is an Amazing HU. Havent figured out all the contorls but I found this to be best setting (so far) for my car
Low @ 40Hz
Hi @ 2Khz
BMX 1
SFEQ FRT1 H C
Eq @ Natural

agreed wont thump the neighbourhood... But its enuff for me to be happy....
Anyways I may go in for a Woofer later on if i feel the need for Bass.

Old 29th October 2004, 00:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

yo aj
how come u so busy man?u not posting here or at xbhp?
wasssup?fellin love like out teambhp reaper?!?
Old 29th October 2004, 00:58   #25
BHPian

Hey aadix,
Well i dont post there anymore coz i sold my Bike....
So i felt that there is no point in posting anything there..
Old 29th October 2004, 14:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

xplod speakers sound good in my car. They have decent bass.

Chaxy can confirm this.
Old 29th October 2004, 15:32   #27
Team-BHP Support

would love to hear the Oxegen. new brand. seems like good value too.
Old 29th October 2004, 15:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Oxygen (some french company) Sphere 100W 2-way with external Crossover (I liked the way it sounds). Rs. 1750
Me too would like to know more about these. One month back I was looking for speakers with crossover for good mids. But everything I cam across were more than RS. 4000.
Old 29th October 2004, 16:04   #29
BHPian

well did some fiddling around... Im not too happy with the Blaupunkt rears.... While its clear, more tweaking revealed that Blaupunkt really cannot handle ANY BASS.... its Distorts crazy even at 10 -12 vol setting if I Notch bass to max!..
So i talked to the Gandhi Motors Guy, he has agreed to Replace it with Pioneer 4-way. So i may be replacing Blau with Pio 4-way speaks,...
Oxygen Audio up front is pretty good... Handles the mids and highs neat(and very lil bass too..)

---Update---
me and rjkulkarni went to the the shop guy, dude asked me 500 Bucks extra for the replacement.. Since i was wiped out, I didnt have much of choice... But still anyways we compared Oxygen, Blau, and Pio speaks side by side... While pio could handle bass more , and oxygen had more trebs and less bass . I still liked the blau coz it has the perfect balance between bass and trebs...

---Update 2---
My system was sounding really horrible when i was listening to Evanescence.. It was muddly and Blau's were picking all wrong freq for bass... Later i found out that the i had the wrong 'q' setting which made a mess of my bass.... Adjusted the q , Now bass sounds Tight and strong...
My trebs are still lil too shrill... That is I need to amp trebs of a lil lower freq. hmmm... Maybe , I need to adjust the 'q' of treb also...

did it occur to anyone that we need to start a thread for pio based systems... Coz its got sooo many settings...

Old 30th October 2004, 11:23   #30
BHPian

satish, its the front speaks dude...
Oxygen makes rear speaks with external crossover.. 170w , they cost 5k.
Oxygen rear speaks , Visually looks Impressive with huge magnet and all.. But it makes more highs than anything... so unless u r a treb freak, Go for pio more Bass, and blau's for clearer sound imaging..
But my suggestion is to go for Pio 'r' series if u have that kid of cash(the yellow cone one..).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks