Team-BHP - Proposed Audio Config..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Proposed Audio Config.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/1933-proposed-audio-config.html)

Hi guys,
I have a budget of 12k or so...
This is what i zeroed in on..
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
Pioneer 5650 - Rs.7700
Pioneer 6990
5-way speaks - Rs.3200
pioneer Fronts - Rs.600
MDF Board - Rs.600
[/quote]

any of u guys have alternate suggestions(within this budget)?

2 queries
1. My Zen Vxi already has a Factory fitted/Stock Rear Parcel Shelf.... Is that good enuff or is it better to go for MDF .?

2. How to Identify Fake Pioneer Stuff. ( I heard of fake stuf floating in the market).

also which is the best guy in the Milan Subway area
(I went to Gandhi Auto and got these pricings..)

When i checked out adjacent shreyas Auto, He said that lightning Audio Tri-Axial Speaks are better than 6690 Speaks..
(also LA costs 4000).. So tell me guys what do ya think...

That sounds like a good setup. I have the same in my honda except for the front speakers. If you like bass then please don't go for lightning audio. I'd installed them in my accent &amp; got them replaced the very next day...he's just trying to sell his stuff to you..btw I think this Shreyas Auto is the same one who also has a shop in Opera house. He's good but charges a little more but good service. LA's are very clear but only if you like treble more..pump up the volume &amp; all hell breaks loose.

here are some pointers.

r u buying a system that you might upgrade? if so get a deck with front and rear pre outs and preferably with a sub out. look for a deck with nominal line out levels of 4V or better. The higher the line out voltage the better the S/N ratio when you decide to add an external amp. do your research on the web. it is best to prepared when you visit the shops.

if however you are buying a system that will not be upgraded i would prefer to spend a bit more on the front speakers.
true the front speakers cant be that large and bassy but it is the front speakers that is responsible for the imaging.

Do not be enamoured by wattage ratings and number of tweeters 3-4-5 way speakers have. both parameters are seriously overrated. I hear GTO is the resident audio guru might make sense to ping him.

I would consider the following.

6x9 2 or 3 way in the rear.
5&quot; coax (some coaxs have a tweeter that is angled upwards towards the listener) in the front. If ia 6&quot; fits so be it but I dont expect anythig larger than a good 5&quot; to fit in the front doors. JBL and Blaupunkt velocity are good VFM here.
Pio. makes good HUs esp for the money but i would also look at JVC and Sony. At the VFM end they are well respected too.

One shop I have seen that sells anything and everything is Bhavi Motors. I drive by most every thursday at about 5pm. if you want any help please ping me by tuesday eve. and maybe we can meet up at one of those shops.

BTW I am not affiliated to any audio shop, manufacturer or installer. I get most of my work done at Bharat in Worli and this is only because I dont have the time to do these things myself anymore.

GTO are u there?

Ok, thanks a lot..
The thing is (if everything goes on well I can set up my Car Audio Next week), if not.. I have to wait till Nov-Dec .
But being optimistic...
Pio 5650 , as far as i know, can direct drive woofers(I heard small ones can be driven). Also 5650 has 2 Pre-Outs...
As far as imaging of audio is concerned, i dont really bother cuz i dont have directional sense in audio (well, its a sort of rare condition.. so i really cant make out the directions of audio,so there goes the imaging thingy...).
So what im really looking for..
Fronts for a lil bit of mids (I always use fader to give 50 % more to rear).
Rears should do the faithful duty of reproducing Lows and Highs.. well im not a treable Freak but i need certain natural amount of treble present...But not the high contrast ones... Treble like Altec Lansing ATP-3 Computer speaks(If anyone has heard on it) .
Bass should be Tight and Punchy. Again like ATP-3...

The main reason why i decided to go for 5650 and not 4650 is because of the Parametric equilizer , and the amount of audio customisation present on the Pio 5650 HU. (well im a big fan of Tweakable stuff...gimme an Sclass and i will figure everything out in 2 days time).

but as far as speaks go. Only resaon I still picked up pio is coz these ones cost 70$ in the US, where as LA unit he showed is only $40 in US markets...
But from what u said I guess better deal is to go for a three way Rears and an 2-way ones on the fronts...?
But whats the cost of 2-way fronts?
Thanks a Lot..

hey i just had a sony mp3 player 3300,blaupunkt rear 6x9,pioneer front spkrs nd tints done in a felllow bhpians zen nd he paid 12500 all inclusive.Got it done in milan at choksi motors but if u can strech ur budget a bit go for audiobhan 6x9s which will cost u abt 2 grand more but its amazing nd availavle at choksi.PM me as i know the owner very well so ill get u the best price.

Hey guys was looking for a similar config for my ikon, can anyone recommend a good woofer to go along with this config , will i be able to fit the woofer along with the 6X9 speakers in the rear.

GTO's got a 12&quot; with his 6x9s.
allajunaki, i did not say 2 ways are better or worse than 3 ways i just said please do not be swayed by such advertising. a good 2 way can be better than a bad 3 way and vice versa.

no actuallly U guys made a lot of sense...
Instead of an Insane way up rear and a useless fronts, its better i go for a 3way rear speaks and 2way Up fronts...
Thanks a lot guys... Now comes the UpHill task of Convincing my Dad to put it now... (instead of proposed December...)
as far as HU's are concerned , I set my mind on Pioneer 5650.. Only speak Config is remaining...

x factor. there are 2 ways u can do this. one get a mono powered sob (if you dont already have an amp) in which case a 10-12&quot; woofer would be in order. Or you can get 2 8&quot; woofers and a stereo amp. however what i am suggesting is that you need atleast 2 x 8&quot; or 1 x 12&quot; to supplement the bass of a 6x9. a 6x9 has about the Sd of a 8&quot; round woofer. bass is a function of moving air period. to moave air yo need large Sd (cone area) and large linear Xmax (cone movement). all things remaiing equal a 12&quot; woofer will have about teh same Sd as 2 8&quot; and a bit more Xmax. However 12&quot; woofers also tend to have heavier cones hence uaually need a beefier amp. By that I mena that the amp must be able to swing big amps.

In my install for example with the amp i already had 2 6&quot; woofers performed better than one 10&quot; DVC. Yo r best bet would be find a installer that can demo a few options. The rest depends on your ears. remember that you are buying a stereo for yourself not for your freinds or relatives or for some &quot;audiophile&quot; or even for some oscilloscope for that matter.

dude... I need to Bring the budget to 12k... The sub will push it beyond 12k... (Unless I can somehow fit a woof's without amps and Save up somewhere else...)

allajunaki, i was addressing a question posted by x factor. x factor wants to add a woofer to his 6x9s. i dont know where to post this but here goes....

when you put 2 ore more dis-similar drivers in a box (like a car's trunk) the rear wave of one driver will modulate the other driver. now in a car this is not very noticeable because (a) the trunk is awful large box and the rear wave pressure is distributed and the 2 6x9s most have are quite far apart. however when you drop a 12&quot; between the 6x9s as some cars i haev seen this problem can be noticeable.

one option that seems to work (atleast in the car) is to cover the rear of the woofer with OPEN cell foam. Closed cell foam will create a virtual box around the speaker being covered and rob that driver of most of it's bass. OPEN cell foam however acts as a valve greatly reducing the effects of this modulation but at the same time allowing the driver so covered to breathe. Moreover the 12&quot; woofer mentioned above must be one that is built for free air not one that needs to be in box to sound good. Pioneer for example makes 12&quot; woofers for free wair, small sealed boxes, larger vented boxes and also bandpass boxes.

Hello ppl,

I just got myself a pioneer 5650 (Rs 7850/-)with alpine (Rs 3950/-) &quot;SPA-690A (RMS: 50W)&quot; at rear in
my zen.

Tried 6990 however the price was 3850/- . Felt better with alpine (looks and sound), so picked them.
Checked couple of spks before finalising this one. One pioneer 690R were impressive however outta
budget. Any feedback how these alpines are rated in performance ?

The guy was advising to install them at boot door( just below the rear glass). He would remove padding
from there and put a small board with speakers. Said, that would create a vaccum and response from
speakers would be altogether different. What say guys ? Would that help. Though that would make boot
door heavy and two arms supporting it wont be able to hold the weight at times when loading/unloading
stuff from boot.

I also plan to put on front speakers next month, so seek advise for the combo.

Thanks a lot.
Tarun

hey tarun i have the speakers on my boot door in my zen nd there is no problem of weight as of such nd check out the gta series in blaupunkt 6x9 speakers r pretty amazin nd add on a set of pioneer front speakers will come to abt(7850+3600 approx+860) im not sure abt theblaupunkt 6X9 price but the price of the pioneer front spkrs is da conformed price

How long you've been having those speakers at boot door libre sito ? And did you notice any difference in sound ! I would check on pioneer front speakers, how are the identified ? i mean model no. etc.

cheers,
Tarun

Ok one more thing...
Should i retain the rear parcel shelf that came with the car?
Or go for MDF board... How much diff. is the MDF gonna make w.r.t existing the Parcel Tray..?