Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2006, 10:32   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfootie View Post
I had gone to Secunderabad market to know the various combinations,prices and availability of the stuff. The dealer is quoting Pioneer 5850 as worth Rs.. around 7k...You should have looked the dealers face..when i said HERTZ...They were treating it as if it were some "alien" word..
...Same situation out here in my place too.....One dealer actly told me that HERTZ is just for frequency of the speaker....and there`s no company like that.....
Old 9th December 2006, 10:50   #17
Team-BHP Support

At 20K you'll need sacrifince SPL for more SQ or the other way around. A basic SPL oriented system - The Pio 5850 (7K) mated to JBL's CS series speakers 6" (7K/2 pair) plus a Sony 552 mated to a Pio 306C in a box (7K) will cross 20K and you still need cables. alternately you can dump the sub and amp and get the Pio 6850 (9K) and JBL GTO series speakers (9-11K/2 pair) for the front and rear and use 6x9 inthe rear if you want more bass.

Remember Pio and JBL are just examples you can replace Pio with a Blaupunkt, Kenwood or Clarion and JBL's GTO with Hertz, Blaupunkt OD or Alpine Type S. There are other brands out there too.
Old 9th December 2006, 18:26   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfootie View Post
You should have looked the dealers face..when i said HERTZ...They were treating it as if it were some "alien" word..

So,i could get a quotation of the whole for 20k..Is it a good enough proposition??or Do i just go for Hertz by searching in the whole market??

I think Sprocket has a branch in Hyderabad. They have almost every brand under the sun in car audio! (Ok! That was a bit of exaggeration!!).

I suggest you to spend some time to get quality stuff rather than being feeling inferior later!!
Old 9th December 2006, 22:58   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I think Sprocket has a branch in Hyderabad. They have almost every brand under the sun in car audio! (Ok! That was a bit of exaggeration!!).

I suggest you to spend some time to get quality stuff rather than being feeling inferior later!!
Ya..Will keep that in mind..And decide on the setup..What is in my afvour though is that i would be having my Verna in January,so i have enough time to search for the perfect parts..
Old 10th December 2006, 20:49   #20
BHPian

I like what i have in the car. maybe add an amp and sub soon :-)
Old 10th December 2006, 22:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
What is in my afvour though is that i would be having my Verna in January,so i have enough time to search for the perfect parts..
yup...enough time for not just perfect parts but also to get confused in the world of ICE and ultimately expanding ur initial budget by 2-3times..
Old 28th January 2007, 16:02   #22

I have bought my car and I.c.e..

Headunit----Pioneer one taht plays Dvd video..it cost me a lot of moolah..

Front and Rear---JBL SPEAKERS

aMPLIfier ---JBL

Sub woofer --- JBL

Just beginning to listen to the music..Will let yo u know more soon..
Old 28th January 2007, 19:06   #23
BANNED

DocFootie!! Congrats on your new ICE setup.

But sorry to say, your last post leaves us a lot confused of what you've got.
Please, can you also tell us what model no.s of your PIONEER and JBL!!
Old 29th January 2007, 17:12   #24
BHPian

Hi All,

need ur help on ICE setup for my Verna.

I went to a dealer today at cochin n here's wot he offered me:

1> Pio 4950 - 6K (Grey)- is this a good HU to buy?
2> JBL GTO637 - 3750 (grey)
3> JBL CS2165 - 2200 (grey)
4> wiring - 250

total- 12200.

Since budget is 12K, I can't ask for b&W.

My friend had done the setup from the same dealer 8 months back n no complaints till date.
Also the dealer assured me that any problems n he will replace the unit for me.

Please advice if this is good to go.

PS: @Navin, sorry to bother u on pm.

Cheers
ICEMAN
Old 30th January 2007, 12:51   #25
Team-BHP Support

I wonder what wire he is giving you are rs. 250.
Old 30th January 2007, 14:25   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

a_micky you're so fine, you're so fine A_micky. A_micky.

OK, so what's your question? 6" coaxial and 6X9 ovals on your verna is the factory fit location.

BTW, JBL speakers come with some pretty decent grade speaker cable. .You are fitting a HU with speakers, so what are you paying that 250/- for???
Old 30th January 2007, 15:22   #27
BANNED

Staying inside the 12k budget, this setup is good.
But I think you should get components for the fronts and 6X9s for the rear.
Verna's stock location can accommodate these speakers. I know, it will stretch your budget a bit. But you won't regret tomorrow for having an inferior setup. Especially because You're so much in love with your Verna.

Choose the speakers first. For example, Jbl 607 compos & 937 ovals. And a Pio HU that suits you and your budget. That'll be better I think.

NAH, you don't need extra wires. Just use the wires which comes with the speakers.
Old 30th January 2007, 17:32   #28
BHPian

Thanks Navin & Sam,

With Zak's suggestions n a run around most ICE shops in Cochin, I was able to get the quotes for the below mentioned setup.

1> Pio 4950 - 5450 (grey)
2> JBL GTO937 - 3800 B&W
3> JBL GTO 507 - 5000 B&W (will try to get GTO607 - Sam wot should be the price of 607??)

Total: 14250

This is the best quote i received from a dealer.

Navin, Rs 250 mentioned was for the connectors(Clips) n not for the wiring. Sorry for the confusion.

Sam, I happen to take a look at jbl setup in automate (cochin). Since the owner was not around the guy gave me prices mentioned on the box of speakers.
Sam, is the above mentioned prices for jbl the best ones or can you please help me with better?

Thanks again for your help guys, TBHP truly rocks!!

Cheers,
ICEMAN
Old 30th January 2007, 18:21   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_micky View Post

Sam, is the above mentioned prices for jbl the best ones or can you please help me with better?
Yeah prices look quite low. Still, hmm, automate. Say Hi to Bashir. Tell him you're a friend of Sam's. Might work to your advantage.
Old 31st January 2007, 18:26   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, it's time to fit some ICE in my verna. I intend to keep it simple, nothing overdone.

I intend to start off with a Panasonic HU - I will know the number tomorrow, when it arrives. This will be a fairly upper end HU i think - I expect it to have a front and rear out and a subwoofer out and an aux in. Well atleast I hope it does.

Since I sit in the backseat, I intend to run a 5m Stereo EP to RCA to the rear seat, where I can plug in my iPod. This is why I have decided not to go in for a drive and play. Since I don't drive.

I ran across to the MX distributor and found a nice, high quality Stereo EP to RCA. Also saw a twin RCA-RCA so picked that up too. Paid about 600 bucks for both cables.

I will test both cables and let you know - BUT the build quality and finish looks excellent. And they are cheap.

I intend to use a JBL CS60.4 amplifier to drive my 4 speakers. A set of 6" components in the front and 6X9 in the rear. (Stock locations).

I will be using Infinity Brand speakers, but unfortunately I cannot disclose the details of the speakers here, as they are protos and I will be testing them.

The amplifier will be wired using a JBL kit, which comes with only one RCA cable, so I will need another pair for the rear. I also have an extra pair of Van Den Hul hybrid cables, the quality is good, but their EMI is low, so let's see how the MX fares.

Step two will occur about 3 weeks later, the subwoofer and mono step.

For now, step one will be done by tomorrow.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 31st January 2007 at 18:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks