Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2006, 00:58   #1
BHPian

Components for Accent CRDI

Hi Gurus

For my 2006 Accent CRDI, I am planning to upgrade my speakers and amps. Need your inputs in setting up the best music system for my car.

I have the following installed in my car

Blaupunkt Bahamas
Blaupunkt speakers(rear)
Blaupunkt subwoofer 600 watts tube
Blaupunkt 2 channel amp

Now i am planning to buy the following. I need your help in deciding

1) Components - Infinity Kappa perfect 5.1/6.1 or Infinity kappa reference 5010/6010 or Kappa 50.7CS/60.7CS or polk Audio db6500 - Please suggest the best. I prefer perfect 5.1

2) Amp - Infinity reference 7541a, 4-channel amp. 2 channels to power my comp and the other 2 bridged to power woofer.

3) Rear speakers - Please suggest (will upgrade later). I am planning to use the blaupunkt amp to power the rear speaker.

I guess accent front doors can handle only 4" speakers. Now how would a 5" or a 6" would fit? if I do fit them, will i experience vibrations on the doors. Which one would you recommend?

Waiting for your answers.

Cheers
Luke
Old 9th December 2006, 10:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

1. Speakers:
Infinity Kappa perfect 6.1 or 60.7 in the front (also look at Hertz Hi-Energy and Polk MMC 6500)

2. Amp:
I'd use a JBL 75.4 instead

3. Rear
Stick to the same brand and range as the front. only use coxials in the budget does not afford components.
Old 9th December 2006, 12:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I guess accent front doors can handle only 4" speakers. Now how would a 5" or a 6" would fit?
Accent front doors can take 6.5" speakers without any issues...
Old 9th December 2006, 12:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gurus

For my 2006 Accent CRDI, I am planning to upgrade my speakers and amps. ..
I have the following installed in my car...

Blaupunkt Bahamas
Blaupunkt speakers
Blaupunkt 2 channel amp...

planning to use the blaupunkt amp to power the rear speaker.

I guess accent front doors can handle only 4" speakers....
Waiting for your answers.

Cheers
Luke
Save on the rear speakers, get a relatively cheap 6" coaxial. Use the saved money to buy the best set of comps from your various choices, and the best 4-channel amp. It's not very necessary to run the rear speakers off a power amp, so maybe you can even sell off the Blau. This way, you can buy just one 4-ch amp, but a real good quality and powerful one so that power is utilized best where it needs to be, i.e. the front comps and the sub.

For the head unit, maybe you could look at other 3 pre-out head units like the Pioneer 5850. Although you won't use the third pre-out, it would be useful for future upgrades, plus you can retain fader control.

The stock size for the Accent door is 5.25", but it's better to use a 6.5" with some minor adjustments.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 9th December 2006 at 12:55.
Old 9th December 2006, 13:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The force is strong with you Luke, but you are not a Jedi yet.

There is no such thing as a Kappa reference. Infinity has 3 ranges, reference, kappa and kappa perfect. All the best.
Old 9th December 2006, 13:48   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. Speakers:
Infinity Kappa perfect 6.1 or 60.7 in the front (also look at Hertz Hi-Energy and Polk MMC 6500)

2. Amp:
I'd use a JBL 75.4 instead

3. Rear
Stick to the same brand and range as the front. only use coxials in the budget does not afford components.
Navin

Why do you recommend JBL amps instead of infinity? I thought it would be better to use comps and amps from the same brand. Do you see any disadvantages buying an infinity amp and using it in India (like warranty)?

Luke
Old 9th December 2006, 14:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The force is strong with you Luke, but you are not a Jedi yet.

Team Bhp on the other hand can bring him over to the dark side Move over Luke... Vaders here...

Last edited by sk456 : 9th December 2006 at 14:29.
Old 9th December 2006, 16:05   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Navin

Why do you recommend JBL amps instead of infinity? I thought it would be better to use comps and amps from the same brand. Do you see any disadvantages buying an infinity amp and using it in India (like warranty)?

Luke
Perhaps Infinity car amplifiers are re-badged JBL car amplifiers, because they are focussed on producing very high quality speakers only? *shrug*It's possible. Me, I know nothing about it.
I'd rather buy a JBL amp than an infinity too.
Old 9th December 2006, 20:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I'd rather buy a JBL amp than an infinity too.
Nice said Samji..... JBL's are good have em in laptop sounds perfect.. A friend has a JBL coaxial speakers in car for more than 3 years now no problem as of now and he got em from Delhi (Went there specially lol). But frankly i will only buy JBL if i get a bill over here at my place otherwise i am happy with sony speakers and stuff...
Old 9th December 2006, 23:17   #10
BHPian

luke

what kind of music do u like?? if u are more into disque kind of music (electronic, rave, trance) then i say u must try HERTZ energy series for components. I installed Hertz ESK-165 recently and they are super duper awesome. I could not afford sub...but now i dont even feel the need. I just have two hertz compos connected to an amp.

ppl say if u like hip hop kind of music then JBL might be better.
Old 19th December 2007, 23:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

need help on finding the components for the front in my accent viva crdi, i am currently running on sony 500W 4-channel amp,and blaupunkt component speakers in the front they just gave way and now need to know which are the lowest priced but decent quality components for the front, for i spent 5k bucks 8 months back on the components and they have gone kaput now, so need to know which i can use for replacing them?

i dont expect better sound quality than the blaupunkt which i previously had,for the lower price, but woulnt want one that has lower quality than the blaupunkts 120w components! 6" speakers with the XOs and the tweeters

well i can spend extend my budget up to 4k bucks this time not more!, that too if they are really worth it!, and i hope to get a warranty if possible after my bad experience, if possible. also a place to get these in hyderabad/bangalore would be nice!
Old 20th December 2007, 15:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
need help on finding the components for the front in my accent viva crdi, i am currently running on sony 500W 4-channel amp,and blaupunkt component speakers in the front they just gave way and now need to know which are the lowest priced but decent quality components for the front, well i can spend extend my budget up to 4k bucks this time not more!...
Have you taken a look at the JBL GT5 components? About 4.5k with B&W. There is a thread on the GT5 in the Product Discussions section.
Old 20th December 2007, 23:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

well i am just about to do that!
Old 28th December 2007, 02:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

hey i checked out the tech specs of the gt5 and the gto series the gto offers better tech specs than the later.

looks like jbl in India are trying to provide the more affordable range by pricing them lower with the ratings cut down!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks