Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 00:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Auto Wireless now available on select phones

I know this thread is about wireless android auto. I would like to add a bit beyond that as I am using both CarPlay and android auto.

Wireless android auto only works if the HU supports WiFi. e.g. Kia Sonet has it but Seltos doesn’t.

Samsung and Pixel phones with android 10 or higher. All phones with Android 11 or higher have this support.

I see android auto as a work in progress. It will take some time to mature, be it wired or wireless. Google is trying to put too many features into it too soon.

Android auto by itself has a very poor experience (as GTO pointed above, though only for wireless one).

Apple CarPlay offers much-much better experience. The USP of Apple CarPlay is that you can have split screen view as well. This is seriously lacking in Android auto.

It does not hang. It does not malfunction. It supports whatsapp, maps, calling, messages, music, spotify, amazon music etc. What more does one want.

Those looking to buy a new WiFi HU for the sake of wireless android auto shall definitely try CarPlay first.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 28th January 2021 at 00:34.
Old 28th January 2021, 07:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkashwin View Post
Have been using (or at least trying to use) Wireless Android Auto on the 6350BT for a couple of weeks now. Am using a S20 with Android 11 and the experience is quite bad!

There are random disconnects all the time! Sometimes it reconnects on its own - other times you better park the car before you try to fix it! Wireless might not connect or might connect but insist that audio plays through the Phone Speakers or just ignore the phone altogether!

Am quite sure it will all improve in the coming months but right now - would seriously advise against splurging on a 6350bt specifically for Wireless Android Auto (it is a great HU otherwise with Alexa built in which can give some interesting moments of its own)

I have 6350BT and I bought it primarily for the wireless AA and CP. Mostly I use CP wirelessly as I have iPhone but I have tried AA as well with Galaxy M30s. I have not faced and problem in connection or the stability of it. I would not say it is perfect as every car entertainment system lags apart from Sync3(basis my experience) but I am very much happy. I never had to go the wired route because wireless was not working.

And yes. Carplay is far better than AA.
Old 28th January 2021, 10:00   #33
BHPian

Re: Android Auto Wireless now available on select phones

For anyone owning a Maruti, the new Smartplay studio infotainment system doesn't support Android Auto Wireless. I tried it in my 2021 Ignis but no luck. Looks like you'd need to get an aftermarket headunit for this.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th January 2021 at 12:02. Reason: no AAW acronym pls. Use full as not everyone will know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks