Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2021, 10:20   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: Enabled! Apple CarPlay in my BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Dealers now offering the upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirDiwakar View Post
How does ID7 future proof the infotainment system?
As long as the hardware to support the features is there, it is possible to enable it either by BMW or by a third party. For example, my 3GT came with ID6 that supported Apple CarPlay, but was disabled in factory. I was following up with BMW for almost 2 years to get this enabled, and eventually they did. So as long as you have the hardware, it is possible to get the features enabled.

In case of itwasntme, his sport variant comes with a hardware that itself does not support CarPlay and nothing short of replacing the complete system can bring the feature.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 10:20   #152
BANNED

Re: Enabled! Apple CarPlay in my BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Dealers now offering the upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Glad to hear BMW India is finally moving to ID7. Will 'future-proof' the Sport variant. Will be interesting to see if existing Sport (with ID6) owners will be offered a paid upgrade. Will be super pricey of course.

Totally agree. Better to get it through BMW for a brand new car. Again, will be interesting to see if they will offer wired/wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay with it.
ID6 to ID 7 upgrade has not been offered by BMW in any market, so seems unlikely.

ID7 does support Wireless Carplay and Android auto . No wired option in any BMW. (But remains to be seen if already activated or needs activation in this Sport variant).
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 15:15   #153
BHPian

Does anyone know if BMW service centres routinely update the software on the cars sent to them for service? And if so, have there been any feature enhancements on the stock G30 software since 2017.

I've been specifically telling them not to update my car's software, as I had apple CarPlay activated 'unofficially'. So just wondering if there have been any improvements since.
Old 18th August 2022, 13:28   #154
BHPian

Guys received the following message from my BMW dealer.

Now i have already activated Apple CarPlay unofficially in my car. Will this change affect the working of my entertainment system. Can someone with technical knowledge please advise if I should get this done or not.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir ,

Greetings from Infinity Cars.

According to our records, you are the owner of the BMW 530d Vehicle No.
MH01CTXXXX.

The LTE compensator improves mobile communications in the vehicle by supporting the optionally offered wireless charging tray (WCT). The active LTE compensator currently does not have required country-specific radio licence in the affected markets.

During the ongoing quality analysis at BMW, it was determined that the active LTE compensator currently does not meet the current required specifications. We would like to ensure that your vehicle is in perfect working order. For this concern, The LTE compensator will be replaced which improves mobile communications in the vehicle by supporting the optionally offered wireless charging tray (WCT).

It goes without saying that this work will be free of charge.

Request you to kindly let us know the convenient time to get in touch with you so that the appointment can be schedule with pickup & drop facility

----------------------------------------------------------------
Old 18th August 2022, 14:12   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Guys received the following message from my BMW dealer.

Now i have already activated Apple CarPlay unofficially in my car. Will this change affect the working of my entertainment system. Can someone with technical knowledge please advise if I should get this done or not.

Thanks.
-
Installing almost any electronic part on a BMW does involve coding it in, and since the dealers have no other way than just updating the whole car at that time, yes it will most likely wipe out your unofficial carplay activation. But your activator/reseller should be able to give you a new update to install it again(most likely not by USB for the newer software levels)
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 15:50   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
+1 to agambandhari.

If the part being changed is connected to the HU, then there will be coding that need to be done to the HU, and this will most probably update the firmware as well. If this is done, the HU will not identify the fake FSC codes installed by the hack software and it may not be possible to install it again as the firmware will also lockout USB port.

I would suggest you first write to the vendor who supplied you with the FSC codes and ask if they have a solution to re-install their software through OBD port There are vendors who use the OBD port and E-Sys cable to make custom modifications after BMW locked out the USB port.

You can also check with BMW dealer if this install will require a software update or is just a pure hardware upgrade.

Take your call after analyzing all the above facts.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 15:24   #157
BHPian

Hi I own a 2017 BMW 530D G30. I had got the Apple CarPlay activated unofficially using the usb device.

Yesterday BMW recalled my car saying they need to check for ignitable deposits that can build up in the intake system which could cause a fire in extreme cases, and that they would install a software based protective function to resolve this. Since it sounded pretty serious I sent the car. I forgot to mention to them not to update the car's main software.

Now I have received the car back and the car's in built navigation system is not working (just says loading) and also my Apple CarPlay activation is gone. It seems they updated the car's entire software.

How do I get both these things working again. Pls help.

Thanks.

PS: I don't have any of the FSC codes backed up.
Old 16th February 2023, 16:02   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi I own a 2017 BMW 530D G30. I had got the Apple CarPlay activated unofficially using the usb device.

Yesterday BMW recalled my car saying they need to check for ignitable deposits that can build up in the intake system which could cause a fire in extreme cases, and that they would install a software based protective function to resolve this. Since it sounded pretty serious I sent the car. I forgot to mention to them not to update the car's main software.

Now I have received the car back and the car's in built navigation system is not working (just says loading) and also my Apple CarPlay activation is gone. It seems they updated the car's entire software.

How do I get both these things working again. Pls help.

Thanks.

PS: I don't have any of the FSC codes backed up.
This should be because after the software update, the BMW software is not recognizing the fake FSC certificates. If you do not have back up of the original FSC certificates, then a complete reset of the system will have to be done. In the F34 that I had installed Apple CarPlay, someone from the US did it remotely through the OBD port using the ENet cable. Send him a mail and explain your situation. I will share the mail ID through PM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks