Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2007, 15:30   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Doc, I'd keep the 306c sub and sell the 304f. Now that means Clipto will either have to get a second 306c or use the 944 for one sub and 2 speakers (either front and rear)

option 1:
Now with that covered, clipto, you can spend the 8K saved on either a good 4 ch. amp for the front components using the 944 for the sub and rear comps.
HU: 9K
Sub 306C
Front components: 6K
Rear coax: 4K
Amps: 944 and 6100 (7K)
using supplied wires and no damping.

option 2.
HU 9K
Sub: 306C
Amp: 944 for front and sub.
Front components: 8K Infinty, Alpine Type R, Polk, Hertz Hi-Energy, etc...
Rear Coax: 6K same as above
Damping on doors and trunk: 4K
good wires: 3K
Use HU to power the rears.

I prefer option 2 as once damping is in place you can add an amp when budget permits.
hi navin,

well i forgot to say that i have a HU pio 5650 and ill definitely buy a pio HU cause i have a 12 disc cd changer and the single cd players lens get spoiled very quickly...i have a pio 7750mp in my indica and it has almost stopped reading audio discs..and about the rear co-ax...i have an infinity reference series 6x9 100 w rrms dont remember the model no. but it doesnt have that tweeter freq switch but they are quite nice i have 27 k excludin HU i will get a new head unit after a while in a month or 2...and you know what my wife has allocated the budget...(she is so sweet...well i had to buy a phone...n91...but i said to my self **** the phone and go for the ice system upgrade lol)...so what iwas thinking was...

buy 2 dvc 12" ineed a whole lot of bass and i wont compromise on that...buy front comps buy a 4 ch amp the wirig and all that ia can upgrade later without her knowing...lol...and i dont think i can get good wires here onlu boss are available here i already have 2 kits...dont mind using them for a month...if i upgrade wires and damping someone has to send me the stuff and ill pay for it in advance...lol im not kidding..otherwise ill have to go to delhi and you know going there ill waste so much money which i can spend on my car....going to night clubs buying a drink for 600 and im a heavy drinker...lol so atleast 8 or 9 drinks... 600 x 9 = 5400 and fuel 2500 so it comes to 8k lol...off topic?? sorry...can any one do that and help me out buying genuine stuff pm me pease
Old 4th January 2007, 15:40   #17
BHPian

[quote=navin;347787]

hi Guruji,

i really apologize for that day sir....

i wanted to ask whats the largest size comp i can fit in accent and sze for fiesta as well might upgrade dads ice...well i can fit that alpine fake in his car with a 304 with the oem system as i already have modded it so i have a 2ch preout(not by myself)what say?

are infinity co-ax good i bought them for 6k recently...
Old 5th January 2007, 10:40   #18
Team-BHP Support

Now I am confused.

a) What do you have? I assume a HU and the 944 amp.
b) What do intend to buy?
c) what is your budget and primary ICE goal (SPL/SQ/Basic sound/Big Bass)?

What I have stated earlier still holds. you can eliminate or add components as you see fit.

a good 3 preout HU will cost 8K+ (if you have one dont buy this)
damping you car will cost 5-10K; lets assume we spend 5K on the front doors.
Good wires will cost you 1-1.5K per pair; lets assume we buy 3 pairs for 3.5K
good components start at 6K
good coax start at 3.5K
a good 4 ch. amp will cost you 7K
Pio 306C sub cost 3K a box will cost you 1K.

So lets see...
assume you want 2 Pio 306C subs (you have one) so 3K there.
assume you want a Pio 6100 amp so 7K there
damping and wires can be had for 8.5K
front (component) and rear (coax) speakers: 10K
box for 2 30C subs: 1.5K
-----------
Total about 30K. You already have the HU and the 944amp right? If had to drop one thing I'd drop the rear soeakers and use what you have presently. they can alwys be changed in a few minutes when budget permits.

damping and wiring takes much longer to change.

Last edited by navin : 5th January 2007 at 10:42.
Old 8th January 2007, 16:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Now I am confused.

a) What do you have? I assume a HU and the 944 amp.
b) What do intend to buy?
c) what is your budget and primary ICE goal (SPL/SQ/Basic sound/Big Bass)?

What I have stated earlier still holds. you can eliminate or add components as you see fit.

a good 3 preout HU will cost 8K+ (if you have one dont buy this)
damping you car will cost 5-10K; lets assume we spend 5K on the front doors.
Good wires will cost you 1-1.5K per pair; lets assume we buy 3 pairs for 3.5K
good components start at 6K
good coax start at 3.5K
a good 4 ch. amp will cost you 7K
Pio 306C sub cost 3K a box will cost you 1K.

So lets see...
assume you want 2 Pio 306C subs (you have one) so 3K there.
assume you want a Pio 6100 amp so 7K there
damping and wires can be had for 8.5K
front (component) and rear (coax) speakers: 10K
box for 2 30C subs: 1.5K
-----------
Total about 30K. You already have the HU and the 944amp right? If had to drop one thing I'd drop the rear soeakers and use what you have presently. they can alwys be changed in a few minutes when budget permits.

damping and wiring takes much longer to change.

Sir Naveen,

let me clear your confusions...

1. i already have a good pair of co-ax rears(infinity 6x9 for 6k) are they really good??

2. i have a pio HU 5650 with 2 preouts which i will upgrade later with a dvd player.

3. i want good dvc subs and dont know why i dont like pio anymore. and i definitely want 2 subs

4. i want good comps

5. i want a good 4 ch amp

6. damping maybe ( please explain how it works or if already discussed somwhere else let me know)

7. i will upgrade my wiring later. i can do it myself so not a problem.

8. i have a pio 944 amp

what i was thinking was...drive the dvcs with 944. drive the comps with a good 4 ch amp. the rear co-ax on HU. or i will buy a 2 or 4 ch amp later for the rears. but i definitely want the rears.

please advise. and if you are still confused then i will leave it to my self...lol

thanks
Old 9th January 2007, 21:01   #20
BHPian

the rear 6x9s are infinity ref9613i...are they good and please send me the speaker project pdf file by daniel ferguson
Old 9th January 2007, 22:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Clipto, I understand that you are quite new here. Let me guide you on some posting etiquette.

There is no need to quote a person's ENTIRE post in your post. If you are referring to a section of his post, then edit the quote to show just that part.
Old 10th January 2007, 11:00   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
i want good dvc subs and dont know why i dont like pio anymore. and i definitely want 2 subs, i want good comps, i want a good 4 ch amp

damping...i will upgrade my wiring later.

what i was thinking was...drive the dvcs with 944. drive the comps with a good 4 ch amp. the rear co-ax on HU. or i will buy a 2 or 4 ch amp later for the rears. but i definitely want the rears.
If you want good DVC subs there are a few.Beyond Pioneer you have JBL, Infinity, Hertz and others but each woofer (without box) will cost you 6.5K+. I would hence budget am minimum of 15K for 2 subs and a box.

I would also budget a minimum of 7K for a 4 ch. amp (Pio 6100) and 8K for front components.

Since your rear are Infinty you could get Infinity components in the front. I believe the Reference series will be a sonic match to the rears but Sam Kapasi will be good person to ask since he knows more about JBL/Infinity than anyone else here.

So the components, amp and subs will run you about 30K. I would also suggest you do the wiring and damping now. THis would cost you about 10K. Damp atleast the front doors and the trunk. Audisson makes some nice interconnects (I have not heard them so this is second hand news) for 1K per pair (you need 2 pairs now).

Since your HU has only 2 preouts (no seperate sub out) I would assume your subs would be connected to your rear channel. In this case you'd have to experiment with your sub levels so they dont overpower the music. some amps like my Blaupunkt PA275 have a cable that allows one to set the levels from inside the car (via a knob). Such an amp can be usefull in such an install.
Old 10th January 2007, 14:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Clipto, I understand that you are quite new here. Let me guide you on some posting etiquette.

There is no need to quote a person's ENTIRE post in your post. If you are referring to a section of his post, then edit the quote to show just that part.
hi sam,

thanks for guiding me...i will keep that in mind sir...this will not happen again in future...

thanks
rishabh
Old 10th January 2007, 14:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Audisson makes some nice interconnects (I have not heard them so this is second hand news) for 1K per pair (you need 2 pairs now).

Since your HU has only 2 preouts (no seperate sub out) I would assume your subs would be connected to your rear channel.
hi,

navin, can you explain what interconnects are cause dont know a thing about them....or maybe we use a different term here in our city...so please clarify...

My Pio HU has a SUB OUT with level control....50hz-80hz-125hz +-6...let me know if iam incorrect.And if i can use these dots in TBHP (....)lol
Old 10th January 2007, 14:59   #25
Team-BHP Support

interconnects are the cables that go from your HU to your amp. They usually have male RCA plugs at each end.
Old 11th January 2007, 16:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
interconnects are the cables that go from your HU to your amp. They usually have male RCA plugs at each end.
ok so the term used im my city is rca cables...lol

thanks.
Old 11th January 2007, 18:32   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
My Pio HU has a SUB OUT with level control....50hz-80hz-125hz +-6...let me know if iam incorrect.And if i can use these dots in TBHP (....)lol
You are correct. And you can use this...

Jesus, for some people on this forum, it is the only punctuation they use!!
Old 11th January 2007, 20:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

i have a question.....on my head unit (6850) i have the sub level control 63Hz 80 Hz 100 Hz and 125 Hz.i know thats for th lpf but i also have +/- 6 what does that do. ??
Old 11th January 2007, 20:41   #29
BHPian

+-6 is basically a boost in dB for that frequency.
So obviously either u can increase it or decrease it depending upon ur taste,better left alone.
Old 11th January 2007, 20:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

+/- 6 would most likely be Bass Boost. You set the level at a frequency (63Hz 80 Hz 100 Hz and 125 Hz) and boost/cut the bass (6 dB + and 6 dB -) at that frequency. This mostly comes in handy when you listen at low volumes. Works at high volumes too, but I personally don't like the boosted bass when the volumes are high. It kind of overwhelms the rest of the music.

Last edited by hydrashok : 11th January 2007 at 20:56.

Most Viewed