Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2006, 19:24   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Viper - what is the resistance of these wires? Have you heard of them being used for audio, before tool brought it up?

What is the cost of these shielded cables per metre?
Old 27th December 2006, 19:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Viper - what is the resistance of these wires? Have you heard of them being used for audio, before tool brought it up?

What is the cost of these shielded cables per metre?
'In a single 12 inch length of Super Conductor Wire there is only 40 - 50 ohms of resistance!'
Old 27th December 2006, 20:11   #18
Team-BHP Support

I'm confused. Did you use these wires on your audio system? Or did you just change the ignition wiring of your car to MSD.
I know it sounds silly but I'm confused as to where you used the wires.
Old 27th December 2006, 20:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

i doubt if he used it for audio. 40ohms! no way!
Old 27th December 2006, 21:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I'm confused. Did you use these wires on your audio system? Or did you just change the ignition wiring of your car to MSD.
I know it sounds silly but I'm confused as to where you used the wires.
No No No... Of course he didnt use it in the audio system, he upgraded his spark plug cables...
Old 27th December 2006, 21:14   #21
Team-BHP Support

That is what i was thinking until Sam bhai asked:
Quote:
thank you Gunbir.
Old 27th December 2006, 22:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Tool definitely stirred thing up :-)
Old 28th December 2006, 11:49   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Listen you guys, I have blonde hair. What's your excuse?
Old 28th December 2006, 12:32   #24
Team-BHP Support

Age !
Old 28th December 2006, 12:43   #25
BHPian

jk is gonna say age again as in young
Old 28th December 2006, 13:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

A bald head. or a balding head ?
Old 28th December 2006, 19:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

OFF TOPIC- guys my one year old pio hu 6750 is giving me a headache these days, everytime i try to play a burned cd or any other old cd it shows `error 11`and refuses to play it but this is not the case with other cd`s like newly purchased mp3`s or original cd`s

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 28th December 2006 at 19:41.
Old 29th December 2006, 05:09   #28
BHPian

Hello ... That was funny
And yes.. i upgraded my ignition wires .. imagine using the MSD's for audio.. yikkesss.. lol
But yes these MSd cables really do work.. trust me.. What basically caught my attention about them was the following.. It is taken from Viper Performance's website.

The MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire is "the" performance wire.
Engineered from the inside out, the 8.5 offers everything you have everwanted in a wire; incredibly low resistance without electronic interference! In a single 12 inch length of Super Conductor Wire there is only 40 - 50 ohms of resistance! That is the lowest resistance of any helically wound wire. To accomplish this, we use a copper alloy conductor due to it's great voltage carrying capabilities.
The low resistance results in less loss in spark energy so more reaches the spark plug. The conductor is wound extremely tight around a special center core. So tight in fact, that there is over 40 feet of conductor wrapped into a single foot of plug wire. This winding procedure, combined with a ferro-magnetic impregnated center core, produces an extremely effective Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) "choke".
This choke, or suppression capability, keeps the EMI inside the wire where it cannot interfere with other electronics on your vehicle.

That was taken from MSD Ignition Super Conductor Spark Plug Wire | Products from Viper Performance ...

So as i was saying, This EMI Choke Buisness really does work. No more alternator whine at all. The whine is caused by the inability of our standard Ignition cables to suffeciently supress Electro-Magnetic Interference. So what i am saying is if you have spent a mad amount of time routing and then re-routing your interconnects , or if you have bought expensive cables and interconnects and are still suffering from the alternator whine, Get the MSD cables and trust me you will be sorted. It cant hurt !!
i mean look.. We spend mad amounts of money on wires. somepeople even have RCa interconnects that cost upwards of 5000 Rs for each pair .So if you think about it just the wiring of your car with high quality wire comes up to 18-20 K if not more...Now with the MSD cables costing 4,500-5,000 Rs.. you tell me if they make sense or not. i mean these days ICE worh over 50 K is not uncommon.So then whats 5 K more for getting rid off the annoying alternator whine and also not to mention better engine performance.?? this is makes good old plain economic sense.
Ok now my fingers HURT !!! lol.. but i do hope that this cleared things out.
Boom

Last edited by Tool : 29th December 2006 at 05:16.
Old 29th December 2006, 08:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nice tip, Tool. And the benefits are not just getting rid of alt. whine -- minuscule, but real improvement in performance also, huh?
Old 29th December 2006, 12:39   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
In a single 12 inch length of Super Conductor Wire there is only 40 - 50 ohms of resistance! The conductor is wound extremely tight around a special center core. So tight in fact, that there is over 40 feet of conductor wrapped into a single foot of plug wire. This winding procedure, combined with a ferro-magnetic impregnated center core, produces an extremely effective Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) "choke". [/left]
This choke, or suppression capability, keeps the EMI inside the wire where it cannot interfere with other electronics on your vehicle.

So as i was saying, This EMI Choke Buisness really does work. Get the MSD cables and trust me you will be sorted. It cant hurt !!Now with the MSD cables costing 4,500-5,000 Rs..
You know what Tool, I had to re-read the name of the person who posted this. It was so good and intelligible. Good job.

I have seen these EMI chokes and it is a good idea to use them. Often you only notice the difference after using a product. Ignorance can be bliss.

Most Viewed