Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2008, 19:42   #346
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Hydra!!

Great choice of alloys and tyres. I will be waiting your updates. All the best!!
Old 13th April 2008, 19:54   #347
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Guys!

@Shrivz, soooooon! As soon as I can afford to damp the car (and after the 1st service), whichever is later.

@B&T, Would have loved to change some of the stuff, but for the Vitamin-M deficiency. Might upgrade the power wires, though. The Sub amp can do better at 1 ohm so I might wire with 2AWG.

@FB, I'd actually have preferred 195 section, but 195/55 R16 is not available here at all. Well, that is a good excuse to justify the 205

@PatienceWins, thanks! Pics of tyres and alloys will be up in the Alloy Wheel Show-off thread in a week or so.
Old 13th April 2008, 20:16   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Goodbye, my love! I'll miss you.

Hydra's Hatch II coming up in a week. Swift ZXi, White. ICEing her (with the same gear as before) in another 2 months.
pik the phan!

I expected this to happen
Old 13th April 2008, 20:53   #349
BHPian

Hi Anup,

Congratulations for your Swift. Good color choice along with beautiful wheels and nice tyres. What other models in 16" from Lenso are available apart from MW. 205 section width should not be a problem.

As far as the OEM HU is concerned you can try looking for stock pocket fitment (LXi / VXi). If that is not possible than look for the Dash Kit.
Old 13th April 2008, 21:13   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Hi Anup,

Congratulations for your Swift. Good color choice along with beautiful wheels and nice tyres. What other models in 16" from Lenso are available apart from MW. 205 section width should not be a problem.

As far as the OEM HU is concerned you can try looking for stock pocket fitment (LXi / VXi). If that is not possible than look for the Dash Kit.
Thanks, JB!

They had (or could arrange) Lenso Dash, SHU, Maxis, NX, STA, Light and a few 5-spoke models (which I did not pay attention to). I do prefer 5-spokes generally, but IMHO the Swift looks better in multispokes (more the merrier).

The MW is an eight-spoke model with a chrome lip. The "dish" look with the lip does look pretty good, and I think it will look great when moving/spinning slowly. But the wheels may look smaller, almost like 15" ones. I've ordered the alloys in HyperSilver. I never did like the painted look, or hyper-black. the most I'm ok with is the Hyper-Titanium finish.

I almost got a 16" HRS replica of the OZ Grand Turismo (which is what I really wanted) but then it was out of stock when my dealer ordered it :(

Getting 16" models of most designs is a huge issue. Most models are not available in 16". It took me 3 visits to the dealer and a few hours of mulling over catalogs and quite a few calls to his distributor/s (I drove him crazy) to finalise on this.

The Dashboard kits for the new Zxi/dZire HU are not available here yet. But considering how common the Swift is, I think they should be here soon. (The dZire also comes with the same integrated HU, so a lot of people should be wanting a clean switch-over option soon). The Maruti guys say they cannot swap the OE HU with the Lxi/Vxi center pocket, as the dashes are built differently, but I think that is BS. In fact I almost finalised on a VXi with ABS just because of the HU issue. Anyway I did not push it as I have to survive with some kind of music for the next 2-3 months till I set up the ICE again.
Old 13th April 2008, 22:05   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, JB!

They had (or could arrange) Lenso Dash, SHU, Maxis, NX, STA, Light and a few 5-spoke models (which I did not pay attention to). I do prefer 5-spokes generally, but IMHO the Swift looks better in multispokes (more the merrier).
MW is a nice wheel, I happen to own the same design in 17" Size. The other wheels by Lenso i like are CX, GTR, MG & CX.

Quote:
The MW is an eight-spoke model with a chrome lip. The "dish" look with the lip does look pretty good, and I think it will look great when moving/spinning slowly. But the wheels may look smaller, almost like 15" ones. I've ordered the alloys in HyperSilver. I never did like the painted look, or hyper-black. the most I'm ok with is the Hyper-Titanium finish.
Deep dish looks smaller but looks beautiful on when the car is moving and from the 3/4 views. You can try Hyper Titanium else Hyper Silver is ok.

Quote:
I almost got a 16" HRS replica of the OZ Grand Turismo (which is what I really wanted) but then it was out of stock when my dealer ordered it :(
Yes they are out of stock

Quote:
The Dashboard kits for the new Zxi/dZire HU are not available here yet. But considering how common the Swift is, I think they should be here soon. (The dZire also comes with the same integrated HU, so a lot of people should be wanting a clean switch-over option soon). The Maruti guys say they cannot swap the OE HU with the Lxi/Vxi center pocket, as the dashes are built differently, but I think that is BS. In fact I almost finalised on a VXi with ABS just because of the HU issue. Anyway I did not push it as I have to survive with some kind of music for the next 2-3 months till I set up the ICE again.
I will find out the solution for you

Last edited by Autophile : 13th April 2008 at 22:07.
Old 13th April 2008, 22:17   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MW is a nice wheel, I happen to own the same design in 17" Size. The other wheels by Lenso i like are CX, GTR, MG & CX.
I really liked the GTR. They are apparently pretty light too. They are in the Magline series, I think.

Good to know you run MWs too! 17" huh? Wow!

After reading your views too, I feel much happier about the choice of alloys I always have this post-purchase-dissonance-thing in the case of stuff I give firm orders on, but get and fit only later.

Quote:
I will find out the solution for you
Ahhhhhh, great! Thank you so much!
Old 13th April 2008, 22:47   #353
Senior - BHPian

Need to change thread title to HU upgraded and then car upgraded or so.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks