Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2018, 00:51   #31
BANNED

Re: Ford EcoSport ICE upgrade with Morel and Helix: The need for Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Small suggestion - Please add Waterguard spacers to your Front Components in case you haven't fixed.
Are they still available? I thought it was discontinued. If they are available currently, I'd like to pick 4 pieces for my Creta.

Waterguard Spacers are manufactured and sold by the same person selling DampMat Sheets (Mr. Monty Singh) if I'm not wrong.
Old 10th August 2018, 06:19   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Are they still available? I thought it was discontinued. If they are available currently, I'd like to pick 4 pieces for my Creta.

Waterguard Spacers are manufactured and sold by the same person selling DampMat Sheets (Mr. Monty Singh) if I'm not wrong.
Do you have any contact details of Mr Monty? I need to buy 8-10 sheets of dampmat.
Old 10th August 2018, 10:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Please check with Power Zone Chennai (Contact person - Mr Saravanan)

Mods - I'm not related to Power Zone Chennai. Just helping a fellow Team-BHPian. Also, all the ICE upgrades in my Fiesta 1.6, Ertiga, Ritz and Baleno were done at Power Zone.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 09:02   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
Hello Vid,

You have spoilt me !

Mine is also a 2013 TDCi Titanium Seagray (bought after reading your review) and have developed an itch for the Code6 remap. Can you please share more details on the cost, time taken to install (need to plan as I have to drive from JP Nagar 7th ph) and feedback if any post remap ?
The remap was done in less than an hour without removing ECU via OBD.

Fellow member tharian has an Aspire that he remapped and my experience has been identical to his. Below is the link to the discussion: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4346176

Quote:
Secondly, any suggestions for ICE upgrade without Sub (being a family man, I hardly find any space left in boot).
You can get a simple 4 channel amp and speakers. Only thing is without a sub you will find the deep bass lacking.

I went for a larger 12 inch sub. Morel also has a very sweet 8inch sub or from other brands. The 8 inch sub hardly take up space provides good bass and can easily be removed when travelling with luggage. It's a very practical option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
Do you have any contact details of Mr Monty? I need to buy 8-10 sheets of dampmat.
I contacted Dampmat through their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Dampmat/

They replied with the local distributor.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 09:15   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I contacted Dampmat through their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Dampmat/

They replied with the local distributor.
Thank you sir. Contacted them prior to this post through Anurag Sir's reference and got a positive reply.

-Nitin
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 16:38   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Ford has connectors in the doors that connect to the body, so the wire doesn't go from the door speaker to the head unit, it goes to the door connector that plugs into the body. This basically means, you can't route a new wire from the amp to door. The only way was to tap the wire behind the head unit, send it to the amp and then from the amp have it come back to the head unit and connect to the OE Ford speaker wires. This meant the connecter had to be cut and there was no other choice
That is how it is in every car. There is always a choice on how to tap stock audio. It depends on how much time the installer wants to spend on a single job. Have a look below.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport ICE upgrade with Morel and Helix: The need for Bass-img_20170126_201114__01.jpg  

Ford EcoSport ICE upgrade with Morel and Helix: The need for Bass-img_20170126_175443__01.jpg  

Ford EcoSport ICE upgrade with Morel and Helix: The need for Bass-img_20170126_213508.jpg  

Old 15th August 2018, 10:56   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
That is how it is in every car. There is always a choice on how to tap stock audio. It depends on how much time the installer wants to spend on a single job. Have a look below.
Agreed but either ways you would have to tap either from the door connector or from behind the head unit. Tapping from each door vs tapping all from behind the head unit was easier.
Old 15th August 2018, 12:47   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed but either ways you would have to tap either from the door connector or from behind the head unit. Tapping from each door vs tapping all from behind the head unit was easier.
One method is fully reversible whereas the the other method is not. Splicing wires is easy, agreed, but not always the proper way to go about these things. I had a choice to depin the connectors near the door or the head unit, but chose the doors because it would require shorter wiring to and from the DSP and amp.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 13:53   #39
BHPian

Congrats on upgrade, I do have morel Tempo series speakers in my Punto, They have clear mids and nice highs. Recently upgraded to portable DAC (fiio Q5 https://www.fiio.co.in/products/fiio...-dac-amplifier ).

Feeding DAC output to line in of JVC Head-unit, sound quality improved a lot . Morel speakers have very good potential enjoy music.

Last edited by sharan_si : 16th August 2018 at 14:19.
Old 16th September 2018, 12:03   #40
BHPian

Hi,

I'm looking on getting a similar upgrade for my new swift and I had a couple of queries regarding the same.

From what I can see, you are running the setup on stock head unit. Do you feel the output can get better if I change the head unit in my car with a similar setup as yours?

Can you please share the contact of the person from whom you procured all this?

Regarding the morel primo sub, what other options did you consider? Is it better than the one from DD? I've never bought a sub before and I would appreciate some help in picking up the right one.

If I go for the same components and the sub with a monoblock and change the head unit instead of getting an amp, how would the results be different?

Also, please share the contact of your source from which you procured all this.
Old 17th September 2018, 21:23   #41
BHPian

What was the stock setup in Ecosport? All four doors had coaxials and two tweeters in the front??
Old 17th September 2018, 22:24   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Hi,

I'm looking on getting a similar upgrade for my new swift and I had a couple of queries regarding the same.

From what I can see, you are running the setup on stock head unit. Do you feel the output can get better if I change the head unit in my car with a similar setup as yours?
The output will be far far better with a better head unit. I can't change the head unit as a lot of the car functions are integrated in the head unit.

The limitation in my setup is now the head unit. The stock head unit has no separate subwoofer out and no equalizer only bass and treble. The headunit is designed to work with sub par factory speaker and has severely bumped up treble and bass as well. As a result on the head unit my treble setting is at -5. Even then some songs it feels high.

The head unit will make a huge difference with the multitude of options vs the factory one.

Quote:
Can you please share the contact of the person from whom you procured all this?
https://www.facebook.com/SoundsGoodMumbai/

Ajay Kamath aka Bass&Trouble on the forum.

Quote:
Regarding the morel primo sub, what other options did you consider? Is it better than the one from DD? I've never bought a sub before and I would appreciate some help in picking up the right one.
I just went with the Morel as a package from B&T. No idea how it compares to the DD. I'm not a really crazy audiophile but wanted something nice.

But Morel only had the 12 inch sub. I would suggest 10" to anyone. 12 inch is just overkill for small cars. The 10inch is more than enough for good music.

Quote:
If I go for the same components and the sub with a monoblock and change the head unit instead of getting an amp, how would the results be different?
If you get a monoblock and sub and don't amp the speakers you will just get a whole load of bass with nothing in vocals/mid range or higher frequencies. Will be just bass heavy. Remember when you listen to music the sub is only for the low frequencies to assist. Most of the music the vocals and other instruments.

It's better to get a 4 channel amp with better speakers than a monoblock and sub and leave out the actual music that is 90-95% of the song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
What was the stock setup in Ecosport? All four doors had coaxials and two tweeters in the front??
No tweeters in the diesel Titanium+ (only Tiitanium AT had tweeters). All 4 doors had full range speakers not even coaxials. Which means just one full range driver not a coaxial setup where the tweeter is mounter over the mid bass driver.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 01:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I can't change the head unit as a lot of the car functions are integrated in the head unit.

The limitation in my setup is now the head unit. The stock head unit has no separate subwoofer out and no equalizer only bass and treble.
Check this out: https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...or/deq-s1000a/

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/SoundsGoodMumbai/

Ajay Kamath aka Bass&Trouble on the forum.
Thanks for the contact. I'm in touch with him. He's really helpful and will soon be finalising on something.
shreyak_ss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 14:05   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No tweeters in the diesel Titanium+ (only Tiitanium AT had tweeters). All 4 doors had full range speakers not even coaxials. Which means just one full range driver not a coaxial setup where the tweeter is mounter over the mid bass driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Sony has a 4.1 channel option that covers DSP and amplification for all 4 channels AND a subwoofer.
https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/c...iers/xm-gs6dsp

Last edited by navin : 19th September 2018 at 14:19.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 20:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Sony has a 4.1 channel option that covers DSP and amplification for all 4 channels AND a subwoofer.
https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/c...iers/xm-gs6dsp
Wow, this is interesting. Have you used/seen this before? Dont you think the power to the speakers at 45 rms/channel would be less? How would you rate this vs the Helix D4 and the pioneer dsp powering the morel speakers and the primo 12" sub?

Also, I am going for the the primo 12" only with the morel speakers. I will get the pioneer dsp with a 4 channel amp for the components and sub. Ajay recommended me infinity Ref704a since its cheaper than the Helix. Do you think that or the pioneer GM-D8604is enough? Or I should get the helix only? Or just the above mentioned amp from sony?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks