Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2018, 10:03   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport ICE upgrade with Morel and Helix: The need for Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Ajay recommended me infinity Ref704a since its cheaper than the Helix. Do you think that or the pioneer GM-D8604is enough? Or I should get the helix only? Or just the above mentioned amp from sony?
Not sure on the Infinity Amp but the Pioneer was my choice of amp initially till Ajay told me about the Helix.

The Pioneer on paper specs are really good and I was sold on it. However there was a small doubt in my mind since it was a ClassD amp and price looked really budget. Most international reviews were positive but a few did have problems of amp getting blown. Moreover there is a small chance that ClassD amps can have some small whining sound which is your luck.

The Helix is nowhere near as popular internationally vs the Pioneer.

I would have probably gotten the Pioneer had Ajay not told me about the Helix and the convenience of getting everything from him.

If your budget is tight, I'm sure the Pioneer will be a good choice.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th September 2018 at 11:31.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 11:26   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wow, this is interesting. Have you used/seen this before? Dont you think the power to the speakers at 45 rms/channel would be less? How would you rate this vs the Helix D4 and the pioneer dsp powering the morel speakers and the primo 12" sub?

Also, I am going for the the primo 12" only with the morel speakers. I will get the pioneer dsp with a 4 channel amp for the components and sub. Ajay recommended me infinity Ref704a since its cheaper than the Helix. Do you think that or the pioneer GM-D8604is enough? Or I should get the helix only? Or just the above mentioned amp from sony?
I have not seen or used the Sony or the Pioneer. I have heard the JBL MS8 which has similar power ratings as the Sony (aka 45W rms @ 4 ohms 20-20kHz). And for most uses 45W rms is more than enough for front and rear speakers. And unless you are a "bass head" 200W-300W is enough for a subwoofer.

If your budget does not accommodate the Helix do not stress. The Pioneer, Infinity or even the Focal will do fine.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 11:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:

Do you think that or the pioneer GM-D8604is enough? Or I should get the helix only? Or just the above mentioned amp from sony?
Just pitching in.

I am using the Pioneer GM-D8604 for about a month now to power the Morel Tempo-6 in the front and the Focal ISS-165 in the rear and I have been pretty impressed. No alternator whine/static noise specially considering it is a Class FD amplifier.

Prior to getting the Pioneer, I was using the Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP and that amplifier was plagued with issues.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 19:17   #49
BHPian

Hi Vid,
I was searching for reviews on Morel speakers and your thread has all the details. I wanted to check with you how the Maximo Ultra speakers are doing after 4 years ?
I wanted to upgrade the speakers on my pre-owned 2019 Jeep Compass Sport variant with speakers that have clarity in output and decent mid bass (not loud though). I am not planning to add amp or sub-woofer at the moment but just upgrade the stock speakers

Wanted your opinion on Morel Maximo Ultra 602 components on the front and Morel Maximo 6C coaxials on the rear and damp all the 4 doors.

Are Tempo Ultra 602 too good when compared to Maximo Ultra 602.
www.motorogue.in lists Maximo Ultra (11.5K) and Tempo Ultra (18.5K). Let me know if you are aware of the reliability of this website or some other contacts/vendors.

Thanks for your detailed thread. Appreciate your response

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks