Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 17:55   #1
BHPian

DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit

Since MS offers offline navigation with the infotainment system, these maps need to be manually updated for more content and updates. The procedure for doing so is fairly simple, but I thought I'll do step by step guide to do the same.
This map update is serial number specific and you need to enter your HU's serial number and cars VIN number to download the update. Please make sure you don't use any other file for the map update.

The website to download the update: https://suzuki.navigation.com/home/e...iAPAC/USD#HERE

You will need to enter the VIN number and the serial number to proceed with the download. To find the VIN number open the driver side door and you will find a metal plate stamped with the cars VIN number on the B-pillar. For the serial number, turn on the HU and press setting button and scroll to the bottom of the page and you should find the serial number for your HU.
DO NOT USE MY SERIAL NUMBER TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE, ELSE YOU MAY FACE COMAPTIBILITY ISSUES.

Before update, also check the Data Carrier Version:
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-img_20180726_171540.jpg

To check what update you are currently on, insert the Map SD-card in your PC and open it. It will have two folders. Open CRYPTNAV folder and search "INFO" text file. Open it and you will see a lot of text inside. Look for the highlighted sentence in the text file. That is your current map version. Compare it with the one on the website. If a new update is available proceed below.
The map version in the text file:
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-4.jpg

The web page with all the details entered (and the latest update that is available, compare it with the INFO file):
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-1.jpg
Click on Generate Download File. Before proceeding make sure you have some external download manager, as the file is big(about 2.2 GB) and it fails in between if you are using browser to download.
You can use IDM for desktop and ADM for Android phone.

Click on Download Map once the file is ready:
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-2.jpg

While the download completes you need to backup the old map data from the memory card to a safe place. Copy both the folders from the SD- Card to a different folder.

The two folders in the SD-Card that you need to backup:
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-3.jpg

Once the old files are backed up, select both the folders and permanently delete them.

The file downloaded:
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-5.jpg

You will need to extract the downloaded file to access the content. I'll recommend to use WinRAR or any other software that you are comfortable with. Since I used WinRAR the options available for me are different.

Click "Extract to <the folder name>" and the extraction will begin:
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-6.jpg
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-7.jpg

Once the extraction is finished you will see a folder with the same name as the downloaded file. Open the folder and will see two sub folders like this.
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-8.jpg

Again go to CRYPTNAV folder and open the "INFO" file and you will see the updated version of the map.
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-9.jpg

Copy both the folders to the root directory of the SD-Card.
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-11.jpg

Once the transfer is complete, remove the card and insert it in the HU. Go to settings and check Data Carrier Version and you should have the updated map information displayed like this.
DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit-img_20180803_181621.jpg

Last edited by francis_vaz : 9th August 2018 at 18:29.
francis_vaz is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 11:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

Moving the thread out from Assembly Line Section (More Information about this sub-forum).

Thanks for sharing the DIY, pretty useful stuff I would say. Let me try it on the Ignis

Last edited by GTO : 10th August 2018 at 11:51. Reason: Bump
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 21:02   #3
BHPian

Re: DIY: Offline Map update for Maruti's SmartPlay Head-Unit

Thanks francis_Vaz for sharing.

How has been your experience with the offline maps provided by MS ?
Please share..
Tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 21:25   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post
Thanks francis_Vaz for sharing.

How has been your experience with the offline maps provided by MS ?
Please share..
Hi Tarun,
The offline maps are good, but have their limitations.
Navigation is a bit cumbersome, especially entering destinations.
Coming to the interface, it's smooth and provides accurate data.
There are a lot of POI's pre installed.

I don't use the offline maps often, instead rely on Google Maps using Android Auto. The offline maps are used only when cellular service is not available.
I have given an overview of the offline navigation in my ownership thread.
Adding a link for the same below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4426346 (Our Gentle Giant - Maruti Ertiga ZDi+ SHVS)
francis_vaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:19   #5
BHPian

Dear All

There has been a further update on the offline Maps. The details of the release build are as below:

sd2-Suzuki-SLN_IND_Update4 v1

Worm: sd2-Suzuki-SLN_IND_Update4 v1

DT-Title: India Update DC

Project-Bez: Suzuki SLN India 2019 Update
Project-Info: ---

I have successfully updated the same and there is no additional feature rolled out except for a refresh/update on map data.

Thanks
Munish
maverick.munish is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed