Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2007, 23:09   #1
BHPian

Another dumb question from a noob!!

Hi,
First of all a very Happy New Year to all BHPian.

I was a silent member of this forum for the last one month. Taking my time to read various posts to enrich my knowledge. I have a 2000 Zen (2nd hand) and it came with some Sony cassette player XR-1807 with 4 Sony speakers (2 in front and 2 in rear). Till now I was only using the system for listening FM. Is there a way I can attach a portable MP3 player or a iPod to the system? Any way for modding the unit? I dont want to spend big money right now into an ICE system.

Another thing that came into my mind that can I use a good quality 4.1 speaker system (logitech or antec lansing etc) that are used in computer systems as an amplifier and sub and front and rear speakers? These speakers use a 12V adapter to power the units.

Regards,
Arup
Old 1st January 2007, 23:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Arup.

Welcome to team-bhp.

Since the HU you have is a very old cassette player. I think you can go for the cassette player to mp3 kit. Its inexpensive and very simple to use.
You just need to put the designed cassette and play it. theres a wire coming out of the cassette which connects to the headphone jack of the mp3 player.

Also, its not advisable to use a home system in your car as the listening environment is totally different. the sound will not sound the same as the home system is designed for a different surrounding.

The speakers designed for cars are far more robust as well since they are exposed to dust and vibrations and other factors as well.

If you do have a 5.1 system lying around you could always give it a try and see how it sounds.

And dude your questions are not all dumb so don't fret.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st January 2007 at 23:47.
Old 1st January 2007, 23:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

silent observer...hmmmm..ok so if you've got an ipod then its simple just but that cassette with the wire( not sure what its called) the cassette goes into the deck and the wire into your ipod and there you go...all your ipod songs can be heard on your deck..the cassette comes for around 150 for the single pin and for a set of multi pins its around 400.
Are you sure you want to do that...it is possible...but ...you could jus go in for pre-owned speakers.
Old 3rd January 2007, 06:27   #4
BHPian

Hi guys,
got my answer from another forum. here is the link
FAQ: Why not Home PC speakers for the car? - MP3Car.com Forums

Thanks,
Arup

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks