Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 16:44   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If you amp has speaker level inputs you could connect it to your OEM HU. Few OE Hus have more than 1 pre out.
Thank you very much Navin,

But If i ask you if i should change my OEM HU to a HU which has more than 1 Pre-Outs? or if i shall go for a amp like KAC-8401 which seems to have a Speaker level in?

What would you suggest me & What diffrence does it make. Once i remember changing my Kenwood HU in my Ikon as it had no Pre-outs, and the installer said that it will not support a Sub.

Pardon me as i have not much knowledge on this.
Old 10th December 2008, 23:39   #122
BHPian

Amp !!

whats about adding an amp to the speakers provided by ford and with a kenwood 339 HU!! wouldn't it increase the SQ!!
Old 11th December 2008, 10:50   #123
BHPian

are you talking about the Ford branded speakers, they are just 25 watts in power. IMO it wont be a good idea to power them by an amp.
Old 11th December 2008, 11:04   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
should change my OEM HU to a HU which has more than 1 Pre-Outs?
It helps to have pre outs. You will find that the amp and HU will integrate better.
Old 28th August 2010, 11:20   #125
BHPian

JBL GTO8628 - my experience so far

I own a 2 week old Figo, which has lots in common with the Fiesta, including the 5x7" speaker recesses. I upgraded the stock speakers on all four doors with JBL GTO 8628s. On the rear doors there was a plastic spacer already in place (factory fitted, for some reason) and on the front there were none.
I retained the stock Ford HU.

End result: Vast improvement in sound stage, but groaning, rumbling, and vibrations from the two front doors, even at 30% volume, and without turning up the bass on the HU. I'm forced to fade the sound to the rear doors.

I was considering either a spacer on the front doors (maybe 0.5" MDF) or damping. How much would damping cost for the front doors alone? Where in BLR can I get this done? Or is the MDF spacer a good solution.

I mainly listen to rock and metal. Have any Fiesta owners experienced a similar problem on changing stock speakers in their front doors?

Awaiting your replies and suggestions!

Last edited by TNAWAYAJ : 28th August 2010 at 11:21. Reason: Corrected typos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks