Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2018, 12:19   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pioneer launches SPH-C19BT Music System for Rs 7,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Pioneer India has launched a new smartphone app called the Pioneer Smart Sync along with the SPH-C19BT head unit
Yeah I saw this a while back but I am from an older generation. I use my phone as a phone and not as a camera (I have a small Canon S100 for that) or a music player (I use an iPod for that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Just picked it up..
Nice. Please let us know if there is an elegant way to connect the charging wire for this phone. I just hate hanging wires.

Last edited by navin : 1st October 2018 at 12:22.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 13:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Nice. Please let us know if there is an elegant way to connect the charging wire for this phone. I just hate hanging wires.
Short answer. NO.

But, I am thinking of ways to achieve this.

1) Since the usb port is just behind the phone, a very short charging cable will make it inconspicuous.

2) Try and integrate a wireless charging module into the dock. A male module needs to be installed behind the phone/inside the phone case for non-wireless charging phones.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 14:12   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
sirji - short cables ( 25 cm or 50cm ) are available on Aliepxress. Been using the ones by Voxlink. There would be others too.

Combi cables are available too - one cable with 2 or 3 connectors ( USB-C, USB, lightning)
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 15:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Short answer. NO.

But, I am thinking of ways to achieve this.

1) Since the usb port is just behind the phone, a very short charging cable will make it inconspicuous.

2) Try and integrate a wireless charging module into the dock. A male module needs to be installed behind the phone/inside the phone case for non-wireless charging phones.
So whats your review? You said it does not have a dedicated play/pause so how does that work? Also is there a mute button?
Old 22nd October 2018, 01:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Digit.in 's review of this head unit -

Also, I can see that the price has also reduced to Rs.7K now, from the launch price of 7150, on some online sites.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 14:49   #21
BHPian

I am jumping on this now for my 2000 Qualis. Just did a rebuild and this is a cheap solution for Android auto. Pioneer has a model with retractable screen in single din but priced at 600USD. I am now hooked to Android Auto and hope the experience is same or similar to using an android auto enabled Touchscreen player. Will check out the videos today as well.
Old 11th November 2018, 11:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will do a proper review once I have used it for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
So whats your review? You said it does not have a dedicated play/pause so how does that work? Also is there a mute button?
Here's my review after using it for a couple of months:
Rating 7/10

Smart Sync - The Phone App: (mine is Android)
This is the weakest part of the package. It's not as good as Android Auto, as in, it does not take full control of your phone. It does not prevent pop-ups and notifications. 3rd party music apps are not well integrated - they run their own interface independent of the Smart Sync app.

Sometimes, the built in music app does not shut down when you play from a 3rd party app / Bluetooth input. The audio is not audible but it's still playing. And sometimes the music keeps playing on your phone even after your exit the car and there is no way to stop it unless you restart your phone.

A major miss is that there is no volume control on screen for the music player.

Contacts are listed alphabetically, but there is no way to search contacts by typing. You have to scroll to search.

But all these can be fixed via an app update - if they really want to do it.

The voice recognition module is bad. Does not recognise most commands and then it also takes a long time to react. This is where a negative aspect becomes a positive feature. Since the app does not take full control of your phone, you can easily use Google Assistant normally for calling and other commands.

You can even set your navigation route before sitting in the car, and then the Smart Sync app opens the same instance of maps on the screen so that you can continue to use your setup.

The Phone Dock:
Very good and sturdy. Easy to fix and remove your phone with one hand once you get the hang of it. Rotates 90 degrees clockwise (only) if needed. Since it is built into the head unit there is no question of disconcerting vibrations.

The Head Unit:
Looks very nice and the light colors can be customised to match the car interiors. Different notification colours can be set for messages, phone,etc.

Does not have a dial to control volume. There are up down buttons but i don't find them as comfortable as jog dials.

There is no dedicated play/pause button, or mute button on the HU. It needs to be done on the screen. Should not be a problem for people who prefer to use the touchscreen for everything, but I don't like it.

Overall, it's a good option for 1-Din slots, and probably just as a phone dock (the dock is that good) to be used as a regular system with Bluetooth connectivity. ie. without using the Smart Sync app. Just use Android Auto (or similar).

Was it worth the 6,300/-. YES.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th November 2018 at 20:03. Reason: As requested
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 19:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Planned Accessories:

1. Short charging wire to connect the phone to the inbuilt charger port. A 25cm cable run behind the phone would make it inconspicuous.

2. A hood for the phone because it gets hot in the sun.
Pioneer launches SPH-C19BT Music System for Rs 7,150-359978844807664998.jpg

3. Bluetooth remote to control Playback and volume. This will take care of the 2 major drawbacks.
Pioneer launches SPH-C19BT Music System for Rs 7,150-6853311871035348561.jpg

4. Not possible with my current phone, but with an NFC enabled phone, the car switching on/off of Bluetooth and screen auto rotate can be automated.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 08:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Here's my review after using it for a couple of months:
Rating 7/10

Was it worth the 6,300/-. YES.
Hi. Nice review.

How easy is it to use this for FM radio without the smart sync app? Is it possible to select, store and swipe through various FM channels using only three head unit.

Also, can multiple smartphones be connected via Bluetooth simultaneously?
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 02:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Hi. Nice review.

How easy is it to use this for FM radio without the smart sync app? Is it possible to select, store and swipe through various FM channels using only three head unit.

Also, can multiple smartphones be connected via Bluetooth simultaneously?
You can use the head unit for FM without smart sync app. You cannot store the channels though, scan is pretty fast so it's not a deal breaker.

And I believe we can use 2 devices, I'll check and confirm

Sync app itself is pretty slow. I mostly do not bother it, once the required settings are made, we can use it with Android auto app and it works. Also you can use it as regular BT streaming HU as well.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 12:18   #26

Hey guys!

I bought one of these and am using it in my Linea.
I've run into this issue of where my phone does not automatically connect to the unit. This means I have to pair my phone each time the car is turned on with the following steps.

1. Request to pair from my phone's Bluetooth menu
2. Wait for the 6 digit PIN to show up on the unit
3. Press any button on the unit to accept pairing
4. Press "Accept & Pair" on my phone

I read through the manual given by Pioneer (https://pioneer-india.in/media/downl...ner_manual.PDF) and it seems to suggest that this is supposed to be the way the unit operates

Name:  SPHC19BT manual.PNG
Views: 1400
Size:  77.9 KB

I find it baffling that I have to go through the pairing process each time when on all other units I've used, the phone pairs automatically. Is there some setting I've to turn on to enable auto-pairing?
rohanjt96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 15:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjt96 View Post
I bought one of these and am using it in my Linea.
I've run into this issue of where my phone does not automatically connect to the unit.
I did not have this problem initally. The unit would connect to my phone as soon a I switched on the Bluetooth. Then one fine day I had to connect it manually. After a couple of months I thought of clearing all the Bluetooth connections on my phone and then reconnect the device. And it worked. It connects automatically now. Most of the time.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 16:12   #28

Quote:
I did not have this problem initally. The unit would connect to my phone as soon a I switched on the Bluetooth. Then one fine day I had to connect it manually. After a couple of months I thought of clearing all the Bluetooth connections on my phone and then reconnect the device. And it worked. It connects automatically now. Most of the time.
Hey Sam!

Thanks for the tip.
My phone now connects automatically after resetting the unit and re-connecting.
rohanjt96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 10:33   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Planned Accessories:
3. Bluetooth remote to control Playback and volume. This will take care of the 2 major drawbacks.
Which remote control did you go for or suggest to pair with this? I'm also planning to buy SPH-C19BT for Ikon which has 1 DIN slot.
Thanks.
Old 26th September 2020, 11:32   #30
BHPian

Hey guys, I've been using this device for close to 2 years now.

Off late I'm facing a strange issue - I'm unable to turn off the player ! Its always switched on as soon as I turn on the ignition .

When the long click the music icon it says " SRC OFF" but then again switches itself on again

Has anyone faced similar issue ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks