Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2007, 11:41   #1
BHPian

Need some input on reducing rattling noise in the rear due to the oval speakers

hi,
i have a wagon-r fittered with Fusion components, pioneer ovals, JBL Base tube and a sony amp. the base is really good, but at high volumes there is a rattling kinda sound in the trunk, its due to the vibration of trunk lid as the ovals are fitted on them, how do i reduce this sound? really appreciate some adivse on that!!! some one suggested removing the ovals and fitting them on the reater quater glass...is tht good and will sound good???
Old 4th January 2007, 12:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

I would put the rear ovals in boxes or on a MDF rear deck. However if you intend to keep them on the hatch make sure th hatch is well damped and the ovals tightly installed. Over time as you open and close the hatch the Ovals will get loose. If you want a permanant solution to this get a new door panel made for the hatch and attach the ovals with lock nuts on to this new panel.

Some damping in the hatch will also help (not with the rattling but with the BOOM and Buzz when your Ovals are active).
Old 4th January 2007, 13:19   #3
BHPian

ya damping!! how much would that cost me??
Old 4th January 2007, 13:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Damping would run to about 1.5K to 2K max for the hatch-lid/door alone. Like Navin said, speakers installed in an MDF doorpanel on the hatch door and damping in the hatch-door will definitely fix the rattling problem.

If you can, consider putting the speakers in boxes in the boot. The speakers will be placed wider apart and will improve the stereo image that way. But speakers in boxes OR speakers in an MDF panel behind the rear seat will not let you push back or drop the rear seats to the back. (I guess this is why you installed the speakers in the hatch lid?)
Old 5th January 2007, 07:49   #5

get some double sided tape and start by dampening the number plate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks