Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2020, 01:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Having used both Android Auto and Echo Auto, I would definitely recommend Echo Auto. The ability of the device to pick up your voice is vastly superior to the Android Auto. With music playing and all the ambient noises in the car Android Auto sometimed does not pick up its Ok/Hey Google keyword and becomes a total waste. Try playing a song at a little louder and then try changing the song or ask for directions and it completely fails.

Echo Auto on the other hand is great at picking up Alexa keyword. I think it has to do with the 8 omnidirectional MIC's that it has. Works great for me atleast even though it is installed below the steering wheel on cladding that covers the lower dashboard.

Also you can use it with Android Auto and it fires up the navigation on the car screen if you ask it to navigate. Best of both worlds really.

Last edited by Traveler : 25th August 2020 at 01:44.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 11:37   #17
BHPian

Re: Amazon's Echo Auto - Alexa device for your car

I have Honda city 2010 without wireless connectivity, after trying bluetooth devices, was not happy.
But the Roidme device was very helpful in streaming from phone and solved my music problem but still call answering was not available. For his I got Amazon Echo Auto from USA @ $20. This device integration was easy but took some time to make it work, I powered throught socket but connected to music system throught bluetooth. In this the calling was not working also I found that ALexa APP on phone has to be switched on. Also discovered that calling works when connected Auxillary.
Though not elegent but Voice command pickup is extremely accurate with Alexa and this setup is doing the job of streaming music and calling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks