Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2018, 14:42   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti: Replacing the RCD510 (Bolero) with RCD330G Plus (RVC, Carplay, Android Auto & more)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post

Headunit
RCD330g GREEN, NoName (6RD 035 187B)
Hi. Thank you for the very informative thread on the HU replacement. I have also been researching about the RCD 330G for my Laura. Had a few queries regarding the same.

1. What is the difference between RCD 330G plus and 340G? Came across a few sellers who sell 330G plus at 9.5k and 340g at 15k. Is there a major difference between the two?

2. Shalinder chaoudhary on youtube is also selling RCD units. Are the models that he is selling NOname ones or DESAY?

3. Also i am unable to see the fascia for the HU for the laura on aliexpress. What spec is it called? Since both are similar to look at. Can i order the same that you have ordered for Yeti?
4. Have you faced any issues like the interface hanging or RAM errors with the unit?

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 9th November 2018 at 14:47.
Old 9th November 2018, 19:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti: Replacing the RCD510 (Bolero) with RCD330G Plus (RVC, Carplay, Android Auto & more)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Hi. Thank you for the very informative thread on the HU replacement. I have also been researching about the RCD 330G for my Laura. Had a few queries regarding the same.

1. What is the difference between RCD 330G plus and 340G? Came across a few sellers who sell 330G plus at 9.5k and 340g at 15k. Is there a major difference between the two?

2. Shalinder chaoudhary on Youtube is also selling RCD units. Are the models that he is selling NOname ones or DESAY?

3. Also i am unable to see the fascia for the HU for the laura on aliexpress. What spec is it called? Since both are similar to look at. Can i order the same that you have ordered for Yeti?
4. Have you faced any issues like the interface hanging or RAM errors with the unit?
1. Label on top of my unit says 340g. I think 330g and 340g are the same - both 187B. There are newer ones 187C (for OEM russian market) and 187E (for OEM Indian Market) but most are saying there isn't much variation in hardware between 187 B, C and E. I would suggest set your priority and pick a headunit from a good seller and it won't go wrong. If you are on a tight budget, go for red backlit and desay 187B for maximum bang for the bucks. Only thing you will lose is Android Auto.

2. Shalinder's RCD units are the same as those in AliExpress from I gathered. You can source it from him and might be cheaper and faster. In fact, with the recent 44% custom duty charge, unless your seller mark down the price to 10-20 USD on declaration form, you will land up paying from Rs 1K to 4K. And mind you, if the declaration is very low, and the parcel is send via DHL or aramex, EMS etc, they will definitely open the package to inspect and duty will be levied irrespective of the value declared. My parcel was send through EMS with declared value of 60 USD, but still it was opened by custom. You can easily verify from the 'India Post' tape that is applied to the parcel.

3. Yeti's fascia won't fit. See aliexpress listings - https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...octavia+fascia
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 01:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't edit the previous one.

1) This is what I gathered:
RCD340g = Carplay + Android Auto
RCD330g = Carplay only

4) Its smooth sailing for me so far, no freezing/hanging. Startup time is very fast, 2-3 seconds at most. May be its because of the linux OS. Can't say about the cheaper ones with win CE OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 14:38   #19
BHPian

Upgrade to RCD330g plus from RCD510

Nice Upgrade. I have the RCD 510 system in my 2015 Jetta and looking to upgrade to get android auto and Mirrorlink facility. I have a few queries.

1. The OE system automatically shows OPS information on staring the car without actually switching on the HU. Does this unit does the same or it had to be switched ON for OPS or RVC information??

2. The OPS and RVC output on the display have to be manually selected or there is a default selection. Kindly elaborate. Can they be shown together? I think not but just asking.

3. Which is more functional : Android Auto or Mirrorlink. I use Galaxy S7. Can one play music through Saavn or such apps on phone When connected by USB cable.

4. Does the voice commands of Google assistance work?

5. When connected through USB cable does the HU also charges the phone?

6. RCD 510 has a media device connector in glove box. Will that become non functional. I understand that you have a different car, but if you have come across any information.

7. Tried the link for Sony CCD RVC you provided. There are four different models 8011, 8012, and some else in the same link/ page. Which one is the right one?

8. On installing the RVC the boot handle will be replaced by RVC cum handle. Is this handle of good quality?

Number of queries. Please answer
MADMAX111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 17:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
Upgrade to RCD330g plus from RCD510

Nice Upgrade. I have the RCD 510 system in my 2015 Jetta and looking to upgrade to get android auto and Mirrorlink facility. I have a few queries.

1. The OE system automatically shows OPS information on staring the car without actually switching on the HU. Does this unit does the same or it had to be switched ON for OPS or RVC information??

2. The OPS and RVC output on the display have to be manually selected or there is a default selection. Kindly elaborate. Can they be shown together? I think not but just asking.

3. Which is more functional : Android Auto or Mirrorlink. I use Galaxy S7. Can one play music through Saavn or such apps on phone When connected by USB cable.

4. Does the voice commands of Google assistance work?

5. When connected through USB cable does the HU also charges the phone?

6. RCD 510 has a media device connector in glove box. Will that become non functional. I understand that you have a different car, but if you have come across any information.

7. Tried the link for Sony CCD RVC you provided. There are four different models 8011, 8012, and some else in the same link/ page. Which one is the right one?

8. On installing the RVC the boot handle will be replaced by RVC cum handle. Is this handle of good quality?

Number of queries. Please answer
1) Yes, retain the same behavior i.e., irrespective of the system is ON or OFF, the OPS and Camera are shown when reversing. When OFF, the clock is shown. But I think in the background it is active when ignition is ON.

2) RVC takes preference when reversing. OPS sound is available with RVC too. To switch to OPS mode, there is a button on the top. And vice versa.

3) I had tried only Android Auto. And yes, you can play audio or make call when on Nav mode (in both carplay and AA). Have not tried MirrorLink.

4) Yes.

5) Yes.

6) Yes, any additional modules in your RCD510 (bluetooth, media unit etc) are not supported in RCD330g plus. It already supports both and more on the headunit itself.

7) 8012 sony is the one I got for Yeti. For Jetta, you might want to contact the seller if one of the given is compatible.

8) Yes, it is sturdy build and good finish, even better than OEM ones.

Last edited by iTNerd : 10th November 2018 at 17:12.
Old 12th November 2018, 15:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

To ease the connectivity of the headunit to my iPhone and avoid cluttering the dashboard, got short lightning cable (30 cm) from Amazon (Link). For aesthetic and practical purposes, I got the 90 degree bend ones (Black) at both ends. It helps to tidy up the console to great extend.

Skoda Yeti: Replacing the RCD510 (Bolero) with RCD330G Plus (RVC, Carplay, Android Auto & more)-lightning_cable_short.jpg

Skoda Yeti: Replacing the RCD510 (Bolero) with RCD330G Plus (RVC, Carplay, Android Auto & more)-rcd340g_lightning_cable.jpg

I also ordered a short Aux cable (45 cm) with 90 degree bend for seamless integration to the headunit. Here is the link:

Skoda Yeti: Replacing the RCD510 (Bolero) with RCD330G Plus (RVC, Carplay, Android Auto & more)-aux_45cm.jpg
Old 15th November 2018, 17:24   #22
BHPian

Hi,

i have a yeti 2011 with Swing Radio system and the manual AC controls, do you think this unit will fit my car and and which facia i need to order for the manual AC controls.
Old 16th November 2018, 01:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it is just plug n play. Here is one with Front fascia with manual AC - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bedqVcbm
Old 16th November 2018, 11:21   #24
BHPian

thank you, when i inquired with the seller he is asking me to send the picture of the back side plug coz he isnt sure which plug is with the swing radio.

with regards to facia also i see different sizes on the link provided, which fits the indian version ?
Old 16th November 2018, 12:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post
thank you, when i inquired with the seller he is asking me to send the picture of the back side plug coz he isnt sure which plug is with the swing radio.

with regards to facia also i see different sizes on the link provided, which fits the indian version ?
Swing Radio has same Quadlock connector as with RCD330g plus. Your Yeti already comes with this connector, so no need to purchase a quadlock converter. So, it's simple plug n play. Refer to this thread where a TBHP member had upgraded Swing to RCD330 https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...head-unit.html (Skoda Yeti: Upgraded to the RCD330 Plus head-unit)

As for fascia, try this one from another seller - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...e-b6355061fa4b

The important point of fascia is it should have 22 cm width at top, 21 cm width at bottom and 13 cm height for the cut out section.

Last edited by iTNerd : 16th November 2018 at 12:42.
Old 17th November 2018, 22:50   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Why upgrade?
My Yeti has crossed 60K kms in little more than 6 years and though I love it every bit of it including the quirkiness, lately, my heart had been itching to find a better, newer car. However, as Yetians such as shankar.balan, sheel and others rep
Finally took the plunge. Went ahead via the Shalinder route and got the RCD340G plus. Thank you for the advice. Made a thread here (Skoda Laura - Upgrading the Swing head unit to RCD 340G Plus).
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 10:33   #27
BHPian

I too got the unit ordered from Shailnder, the problem i noticed while installing the unit is pertaining to the antenna. In the older swing radio we have two pin antenna installation while in RCD 340G it is single pin. Below are the pictures for Older Swing Radio
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...25021&thumb=1r clarity

and New RCD 340g plushttps://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1825022&thumb=

Did someone else face the similar problem
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti: Replacing the RCD510 (Bolero) with RCD330G Plus (RVC, Carplay, Android Auto & more)-swing-radio.jpg  

Skoda Yeti: Replacing the RCD510 (Bolero) with RCD330G Plus (RVC, Carplay, Android Auto & more)-rcd-340g-plus.jpg  

Old 5th December 2018, 13:34   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I too got the unit ordered from Shailnder, the problem i noticed while installing the unit is pertaining to the antenna. In the older swing radio we have two pin antenna installation while in RCD 340G it is single pin. Below are the pictures for Older Swing Radio

and New RCD 340g plushttps://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1825022&thumb=

I feel that the two pin connector is to connect two antennas to the radio for better reception and should work fine with one antenna connected. Hope you were able to connect the rcd 340 system with the antenna then and is it working fine without any issues? I am also planning to get my Laura's system changed to RCD 340 from Shalinder only.
Old 5th December 2018, 19:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You need the Fakra Antenna Adapter to convert and connect your two pin antenna to single pin. Refer to my first post.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 12:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
You need the Fakra Antenna Adapter to convert and connect your two pin antenna to single pin. Refer to my first post.
I have ordered the same from Aliexpress and so till that reaches will have to live without the radio.

Rest of the system works fine. However, i would like to have Gaana and Savan on Apple carplay. I has got Amazon Music which is working flawless. Google maps on Carplay is excellent.

So overall a pleased with the upgrade from Swing Radio.

Most Viewed