Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2019, 01:18   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura - Upgrading the Swing head unit to RCD 340G Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_k23 View Post
Hey there!

Sourced RCD 330G plus for my Rapid, Confused regarding where to connect the two canbus cable.
Do you have a pin diagram of the automatic climate control / exact pins to connect the canbus to?
Frankly speaking, unless you need the ACC display on the HU, you can skip this step IIRC unless you are referring to something else. Not a compulsion. And I am not sure if the Rapid's single zone ACC will work in tandem with the HU either (only the Jetta and Passat's dual zones do atleast out of the factory).

Refer to this thread. It should solve all your queries:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...tallation.html (VW Polo DIY: Delphi RCD 510 headunit + 9W7 Bluetooth unit installation)

Last edited by vishy76 : 25th November 2019 at 01:22.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 01:30   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Frankly speaking, unless you need the ACC display on the HU, you can skip this step IIRC unless you are referring to something else. Not a compulsion. And I am not sure if the Rapid's single zone ACC will work in tandem with the HU either (only the Jetta and Passat's dual zones do atleast out of the factory).
The canbus pins are required for the steering controls, telephony, backlighting and power management. HVAC display doesn't work with the Polo 6R and its variants i.e. the Vento/Rapid/Fabia. Not connecting these pins won't work - they have to be mandatorily connected.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 21:49   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The canbus pins are required for the steering controls, telephony, backlighting and power management. HVAC display doesn't work with the Polo 6R and its variants i.e. the Vento/Rapid/Fabia. Not connecting these pins won't work - they have to be mandatorily connected.
Hey there!
Big fan of your DIY threads.

I ended up sourcing the canbus connections from the Auto Climate control unit.
Lights and buttons started working.
However, the volume scroller given in rapid doesn't seem to work.
Any cues for that?

Also, I saw your post where you changed the colour of UI to Red.
I've a DESAY 187b unit with Carplay and Mirrorlink.
Is there a possibility of changing the ui from red to green and VW logo to Skoda logo?
Old 26th August 2020, 10:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
The steering wheel controls working with this player is not straight forward. There is a provision in one of the converters he sends, which needs to be connected to the automatic ac control module wiring which enables the steering controls and switches off the system when you pull out the key.
Hello, sorry to revive an old thread, but in Nov 2018 (back then i was not a team-BHP member) have installed the RCD 330G plus in my Skoda Rapid-Ambition, and have to connect the CAN+/- to HVAC system as you mentioned.
In my case I have tapped the HVAC CAN+/- with the help of Skoda technician, and the system worked fine after that. Back then team-BHP discussions on similar topic helped me a lot.

My query - How do you got the connections from the HVAC CAN for the head unit, means tapping or some other arrangement. Please, do share.
I was thinking to get ISO male connector pins and use them to get rid of the tapping done in my system, will it be recommended?

And to conclude I got in touch with Mr. shailendra too and he cheated me 3.5K for Quad-lock connector saying it will be plug and play with CAN simulator, i have recieved my RCD unit with quad-lock connector from the Ali-express seller details of which are shared with shailendra, still he insisted that i need his quad-lock connector. To say the least he is a cheat and i will recommend any member here on this forum to be careful while in business with him.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 00:29   #20
BHPian

I’d like to upgrade my HU to RCD330G/330G Plus as it supports carplay and carplay is all I need(No android in the family).

Though, is there any difference between RCD330G vs 340G in terms of screen quality, touch screen refresh rate and any additional features as well as support for rear view cameras?

I’d like to save some money going for 330G if it offers same functionality as 340G, just without android auto.
Old 30th January 2024, 13:22   #21
BHPian

[quote=Behemoth;4518495]Hi Partha
I have been sitting on the fence on whether to upgrade my Laura's system also to the RCD340 through Shalinder.

Voila, I was planning to have RCD 340 on my polo and came across your post. I upgraded my Headlamp bulbs with your help, if you remember. Is it a good idea to source it through AliExpress?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks