Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2007, 15:51   #1
BANNED

Need suggestion on Audio

Hi Guys,

My car is swift and residing in bangalore

I have a budget of 10K for HU and i prefer APLINE , some one suggest me which model in Alpine fits in my budget. if possible let me know which vendors is advised. i heard Car Shringar on mission Rd does a good job

And abt speakers which one would do a good job with alpine...???

I want to fit the speakers only on 4 doors no where else...

Thanks in Advance.
Alex
Old 12th January 2007, 16:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

Try the 9843 or 9826. Listen to a few good brands - JBL(GTO) , Blaupunkt (ODx), Alpine (Type S), Hertz, etc...

You wont get a Alpine HU and 4 speakers (listed above) for 10K. Each of these will cost you a minimum of 10K.

If you have a 10K budget for a HU and 4 speakers consider a Sony or Pioneer or Blaupunkt HU for 5K and 4 speakers like those from JBL's CS series for the other 5K.
Old 12th January 2007, 16:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Since you have a Swift, you can put 6.5" speakers in the front and back (stock locations in the doors). It is most advisable to go for 6.5" itself, and not for any lesser size. Especially as you do not plan on a sub in future.

You'll be able to install decent 6.5" coaxials in front and back right from 6K (speakers alone). For about 10K you can put-in really good speakers. I'd also suggest that you listen to Hertz (DSK series), JBL (GTO series, or CS series if budget is a constraint), Blaupunkt and Alpine.

We always suggest component speakers in front - they sound better than co-axials. They will be a little costlier than a co-axial of the same size, but the extra cost will be really worth it.

Last edited by hydrashok : 12th January 2007 at 16:31.
Old 12th January 2007, 16:40   #4
BANNED

i budget of 10K was for HU alone . i would be able to spend an equal or less amount for speakers also
Old 12th January 2007, 18:32   #5
BHPian

hi,

i need to buy a HU, i want a cd mp3 HU with Sub out and fr rr preouts..please suggest the cheapest HU i can buy with above config and good sq...i dont mind a pio cause i have a po cd changer...i will definitely add a changer if i buy another brand so please suggest something with changer control..

its really urgent...waiting for suggestions..i wanna buy the HU rightaway.

thanks.
Old 12th January 2007, 19:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

clipto, I think a Pio 5850 should suit you well. If you buy anything but Pio, the CD Changer will be wasted.
Old 12th January 2007, 20:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
clipto, I think a Pio 5850 should suit you well. If you buy anything but Pio, the CD Changer will be wasted.

Please check the model no. carefully before you buy the Pio 5850. there are two in the market :

DEH-P5850MPH with 2 RCA preouts: selectable (front + subwoofer / front + non-fading)

DEH-P5850MP with 3 RCA preouts: selectable (front+rear+subwoofer / front+rear+non-fading)

I think DEH-P5850MPH is the one we usually get in the grey market.
Old 12th January 2007, 22:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

For under 10k you can get a Pioneer 6850 itself, it's a very neat sounding head unit for the price, sells for about 9500.
It has 3 Pre amp outs too.
Old 12th January 2007, 23:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Clipto, if you can get the 6850, go for it. You'll definitely need 3 pre-outs.
Old 12th January 2007, 23:49   #10
BHPian

Hey Guys! need some audio advice for myself as well...can anyone throw light on a 2 channel amplifier? which one to go for ? i heard the sony x-plod amps silver series are not good any other suggestions, i need a good bass effect in the car.help plzzz.
Old 13th January 2007, 04:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
dont worry about the changer ill put it in my indica or il sell it...im sick and tired of pio...(no offence to anyone using pio stuff) please suggest another brand...the cheapest criteria withdrawn...if pio HU are better than the rest then i dont mind buying it but i hate that rotary commander...please let me know about alpine HUs are they good and how much does an alpine cd changer costs...i like simple looking displays dont want flashy stuff...

thanks
Old 13th January 2007, 08:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
...im sick and tired of pio...(no offence to anyone using pio stuff) please suggest another brand...the cheapest criteria withdrawn...if pio HU are better than the rest then i dont mind buying it but i hate that rotary commander...please let me know about alpine HUs are they good and how much does an alpine cd changer costs...
Pios are not that bad now. The current bunch of Pios are a lot better han the old ones. I too had a negative image about Pio, but it is changing now, as far as their HUs are concerned.

If budget can be upped a bit, you can consider Alpine. I'm not sure of model numbers, sorry. Blaupunkt will also be a good choice. The Bahamas is a good HU at a reasonable budget (about 11k). I'd heard about Eclipse being available for around 14-16K recently. I haven't personally listened to an Eclipse, but apparently they are good. There are also some Kenwood HUs in the 12K range that are good.

Alpine CD changers are likely to be a bit costly -- 12K or so. Why do you need a CD Changer? If you have an iPod, an iPod interface would be a better idea. Would run to only 5-6K max. Another idea is to get a DVD HU that supports MP3s. Blau has one at 12K. Other brands too would have similar offerings. But, DVD HUs may not be optimised for music (a/a Video), so watch-out there.
Old 13th January 2007, 08:40   #13
BANNED

Hello! What happened to the person who started this thread?
Your HU problems are over? Which one have you zeroed in? And what speakers?
Old 13th January 2007, 08:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Hey Guys! need some audio advice for myself as well...can anyone throw light on a 2 channel amplifier? which one to go for ? i heard the sony x-plod amps silver series are not good any other suggestions, i need a good bass effect in the car.help plzzz.
Raghuram, a JBL CS60.2 or GTO 75.2 maybe what you're looking at.
Old 13th January 2007, 10:34   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
i budget of 10K was for HU alone . i would be able to spend an equal or less amount for speakers also
then you got 20K. THere atleast 4 brands of HUs and 4 brands of speakers that you can audition in this price range. That should given you enough choice (you get 16 combinations).

HU: Blau, Sony, Pio, Kenwood
Speakers: Hertz, JBL GTO, Alpine Types S, Blau (ODx)

Let YOUR ears decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Beyond the Sony amps the next cheapest option is Pioneer. The 6100 for example is available for 7K. However I am told most Pioneer stuff is available grey (no bill or warranty other than the dealer's word).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks