Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2007, 16:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

I thought so & thats why asked. Anyways like I said before if anyone need this code I can PM them.
Old 16th January 2007, 16:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The local Philips dealer might be help you. I called up one and he just guided me over the phone it has to do with pressing some series of button with the CD tray open.

Yes that is true..
In fact I got the problem sorted out simply by Emailing philips customer service through there web site...they promptly called back with the remote sequence... the trick was to set the region to ZERO so that it would play all regions... However, the remote sequence is NOT listed on the official DVD player manual ...
Old 16th January 2007, 17:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to be safe and make it clear to all:

This site (www.team-bhp.com) does not promote, encourage or recommend any illegal methods to change/unlock the region code of any DVD player, regardless of brand.
Old 18th January 2007, 05:39   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Well its better not to post it here, since its not really completely "legal".
the "legality" of region coding is a debated issue.

region coding was implemented to limit movies sold in one country to be (copied &) sold in another country.

while the US and UK still implement this policy by selling players coded only to their regions - Asia and Australia have moved on. Australia & New Zealand do not support region coding on discs & players sold in their region.

Sources: DVD Region Codes - What You Need To Know, DVD region code
Old 18th January 2007, 10:05   #20
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Philips DVD/DIVX player are relatively easy to apply region hacks while others like kenwood are complex. i have a kenwood and a philips dvd/divx players are the kenwood one needs the hack to be applied via a stupid PDA using IR. Anyways both have been set to region 0 now
Old 12th May 2008, 13:21   #21
BHPian

HUs Region code settings

Hi Friends,

I need help changing region code settings for my Blaupunkt London HU.

Also, it would be of great help if members can share procedures to change region settings for other brands too.

...Shiv
Old 12th May 2008, 14:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv View Post
... I need help changing region code settings for my Blaupunkt London HU. ...
Check with Blaupunkt service - they should be able to help you if you don't have the manual.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:48   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
the "legality" of region coding is a debated issue.

region coding was implemented to limit movies sold in one country to be (copied &) sold in another country.

while the US and UK still implement this policy by selling players coded only to their regions - Asia and Australia have moved on. Australia & New Zealand do not support region coding on discs & players sold in their region.

Sources: DVD Region Codes - What You Need To Know, DVD region code
Awakening an old thread!!!

I 100% agree with aah78 & disagree with Sam here.

Once I have paid for & purchased a DVD Player - it's bloody mine. I can do anything with it - there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Calling this illegal is like calling 'modding' a car illegal.

If the company who sells the DVD Player wants that it plays only one region DVDs, then it's their responsibility to ensure that before they sell it to me. Once they sell it to me - it's mine. I can break it up into small pieces if I want - I can change the Region Code if I want - I can 'chop' it & resell individual parts etc.

Is there an Indian law that are we breaking by reseting the Region Code to '0' - otherwise it's not right to call this 'illegal'!
Old 6th October 2009, 11:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Just to be safe and make it clear to all:

This site (Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home) does not promote, encourage or recommend any illegal methods to change/unlock the region code of any DVD player, regardless of brand.
SAM Region coding of Player is not legally enforceable , The content provider (DVD seller) can sell it under license which may restrict to certain region but there is no such license attached with DVD player so unlocking it is fully legal and even in USA and Europe region free players are sold openly.

So suppose I unlock my DVD player I am not doing anything illegal till I try to play a region coded DVD which has some sort of notice / license attached to it which restricts it from sale / playback in my region.
Old 13th October 2009, 20:30   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Philips DVD/DIVX player are relatively easy to apply region hacks while others like kenwood are complex.
True. Took a minute to reset the Region code on my Philips DVP3256.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@EL & others: if you are facing a region lock problem on a Philips DVD player then let me know. I have the 'cheat code'(its a key sequence on remote) to make the player region free

I have the Divx one too.

@Ishaan: Mine costed me 6k around 2 years back

I belive most of the major manufacturers provide codes to unlock the players & like Sam said this should be available at the service stations.
Hi Technocrat,

I have a Philips dvd player - don't remember the model no. but bought in 2008 so must be still around. I require the code breaker- can you please PM me with the sequence?
I had done it once earlier with the Philips dealer but he was very nasty about it

Am getting the The Italian Job dvd from the UK and want to play it asap.

Regards
Old 14th October 2009, 14:27   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Awakening an old thread!!!

I 100% agree with aah78 & disagree with Sam here.

Once I have paid for & purchased a DVD Player - it's bloody mine. I can do anything with it - there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Calling this illegal is like calling 'modding' a car illegal.

Is there an Indian law that are we breaking by reseting the Region Code to '0' - otherwise it's not right to call this 'illegal'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

So suppose I unlock my DVD player I am not doing anything illegal till I try to play a region coded DVD which has some sort of notice / license attached to it which restricts it from sale / playback in my region.
Let me make this clear. Once again.

Quote:
This site (Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home) does not promote, encourage or recommend any illegal methods to change/unlock the region code of any DVD player, regardless of brand.
Let me translate for you:
Team-BHP does not promote any illegal methods to "hack" or "crack" the software on your DVD player.

If you disagree with that statement, you have simply not understood it at all.

I am not saying that changing, modifying the region is illegal. Yes, what you do with your "bloody" player is your business. *shaking head*
Old 14th October 2009, 14:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Team-BHP does not promote any illegal methods to "hack" or "crack" the software on your DVD player.
So, what are the legal methods, sam ? Would love to know since my Sony Mex R1 is not responding to region 5 and/or 2.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
So, what are the legal methods, sam ? Would love to know since my Sony Mex R1 is not responding to region 5 and/or 2.
While Sam replies let me chip in.

Did Sony provided you any EULA or form to sign or a terms of use somewhere which stated though shall not change anything in player forever ? If yes then there is no legal method except requesting Sony.

If no such EULA was presented and there was only a usual warranty clause that warranty is void if the equipment is tempered with then "All" methods to unlock are fully legal only thing is to loose

AFAIK no player sold in India puts any such condition
Old 14th October 2009, 15:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

No EULA. But how do I unlock ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks