Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 15:10   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Let me make this clear. Once again.

Let me translate for you:
Team-BHP does not promote any illegal methods to "hack" or "crack" the software on your DVD player.

If you disagree with that statement, you have simply not understood it at all.

I am not saying that changing, modifying the region is illegal. Yes, what you do with your "bloody" player is your business. *shaking head*
I still didn't understand - what exactly does Team-BHP not promote?
What can one do with one's DVD Player which can be illegal - other than throwing it on somebody to injure them?
Old 14th October 2009, 15:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What can one do with one's DVD Player which can be illegal - other than throwing it on somebody to injure them?
Hey, that's physically hacking someone's software(brain), you could land up in jail for manslaughter.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:39   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hey, that's physically hacking someone's software(brain), you could land up in jail for manslaughter.
You are assuming that the software is there int he firat place.

Many DVD players are sold in India with the regio set to 0 - i.e. universal. If you want to chnage it just search for DVD Player Crack xxx where xxx is the brand / model. I am sure you will find it easily.
Old 15th October 2009, 12:03   #34
BHPian

Atleast in Australia and New Zealand, there seem to be definite rulings against region code enforcement and as a result all DVD players sold there are region-free.

Here is an extract from the Wikipedia site DVD region code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia on the legal concerns:

Region code enforcement has been discussed as a possible violation of World Trade Organizationfree trade agreements or competition law.[6] The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has warned that DVD players that enforce region coding may violate their Trade Practices Act.[7][8][9] Under New Zealand copyright law DVD region codes and the mechanisms in DVD players to enforce them have no legal protection.[10]

Movie publishers misused region coding when they released older material with full region coding—there being no requirement, per the stated cinema-blockout justification provided, to restrict sales to certain countries. There are concerns, voiced by the European Union, that region coding was solely an attempt to enforce price differentials.[11]

Till the competent authority in India gives a ruling, changing the region code of DVD players by end users here, will remain contentious.

( Moderators may please remove the HTML tags. Thanks. )

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th October 2009 at 12:11. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, avoid copy pasting from external font editors and preview before submitting the post. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks