Team-BHP - Wagonr ICE setup -suggestions needed.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Wagonr ICE setup -suggestions needed. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/20839-wagonr-ice-setup-suggestions-needed.html)

Hi Guys ,
I got a new wagonr and i want suggestions for the ICE setup for my car . I have been reading around this forum and currently i have the below setup in my mind.

Total budget =30-35 k

HU = Pioneer -6850 /Alpine -Have 12k budget/suggestions req on Alpine
Front = JBL/balupunkt 4" Component speakers
Rear = 6" Kicker Oval speakers. -model not yet decided.
Sub woofer= Kicker -model not yet decided.
Amp = JBL/Pioneer = 4 channel

Another question i have is that having front speakers necessary ? what if i get a decent HU + 2 rear speakrs + sub woofer + 5 channel amp + 2 tweeters on the front ? I know its wierd but would that sound good ?

Now wondering this would fit in my budget or not .I have not visited any dealers yet . I have read other threads about wagonr car setup but unfortunately they are too old or the price band of the ICE is diffrent in them .

Thanks in advance guys ..This forum rocks! good platform to share knowledge.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by prashantk007 (Post 362372)
Another question i have is that having front speakers necessary ? what if i get a decent HU + 2 rear speakrs + sub woofer + 5 channel amp + 2 tweeters on the front ? I know its wierd but would that sound good ?

Am not much of an expert on this, so i better leave the technical side to the experts...

But, owning a wagonR myself, i'd say its good it you go in with the front speakers... Cause, with the rear only set-up, the passengers at the rear will have unfortably loud sound, when you are hearing it at a decent volume...

And... Please dont attach any rear speakers on the door panels... They might vibrate and affect sound quality... (Happens like that in my uncle's wagonR)

:)

A Pioneer 6850 is a good option and sells for a decent price too here. Would highly recomend component speakers for front as that makes a huge difference in the overall sound effect.
Choice of sub/enclosure and amp depends on your listening preference and kind of music you play in the car.

Hu - Pioneer 6850. It comes with 3 preouts and Value for money.
Front - Jbl Components.
Rear - Jbl Co-axials.
Sub - Jbl Or Pioneer 12'' Sub in Sealed enclosure.
Amp - Pioneer GM6200F 4 channel amp Or Jbl 4 channel Amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prashantk007 (Post 362372)
Hi Guys ,
Total budget =30-35 k

HU = Pioneer -6850 /Alpine -Have 12k budget/suggestions req on Alpine
Front = JBL/balupunkt 4" Component speakers
Rear = 6" Kicker Oval speakers. -model not yet decided.
Sub woofer= Kicker -model not yet decided.
Amp = JBL/Pioneer = 4 channel

Now wondering this would fit in my budget or not .I have not visited any dealers yet . I have read other threads about wagonr car setup but unfortunately they are too old or the price band of the ICE is diffrent in them .

HU:10K
Fronts: 3K
Rears: 5K
Sub: 6K (?)
Amp: 9K (JBL CS60.4 or Pio 6100-I think this is the model no)
Wiring: 4K
TOTAL = 37K (You'll most likely get a discount on this, and also get installation done inclusive, so your plan should be within budget).

10-12K budget for a HU is good. You will get one with 3 pre-outs in this range.

Prashant, you should go in for front speakers. The car wouldn't sound good enough from the driver's seat without them.

I don't think JBL has 4" components. 4" comps are close to impossible to find. I've read here that Kicker makes 4" comps. No idea of price, though. You will get 4" co-axials from JBL, Blaupunkt and Alpine. This I know for sure.

If you are planning for a sub, you can settle for 5.25"/6"/6.5" co-axials in the back. Ovals are really not necessary. Used the saved amount towards the budget for the HU or the sub or the amp.

do the Wagon R front speakers sit in the dash or the door?
If you can put speakers in the door maybe you can shoe-horn 5" components in the front using a spacer ring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 362641)
do the Wagon R front speakers sit in the dash or the door?

They sit in the dash, facing the windshield, just at the junction of the windshield and the A pillar. No way of adapting to 5.25" unless we don't mind losing the stock grilles. But I guess a good installer might be able to make a good looking bracket and grille combo.

I would no try anything with a dash install guess 4" coax is about your only front option. 4" components are expensive and rare.

Ok guys i now understand that going in for front speakers is necessary

Navin You are right .i am trying to find 4" component speakers ..but no success as of now...Now next question is what is the work around for this ?I am sure there would be lot of wagonr folks who must be faced this situation.

Go for good quality 4" coaxials. After a hard search you might come across a 4" component which may not sound good as compared to a quality 4" coaxial.

prashant i second JB's advice. The other alternate is to roll your own 4" component but that is not for the faint hearted.

Navin Yes i don't have any option left for front components ,Although one of the dealers here in Bangalore had told me that there is a 4" component speakers rolled out by pricol india..but i am not sure how good it will sound ?

Another noticeable stuff i found today was about BOSS amp's

For a Boss -GT880 -4 channel amp which has output of 150 w x4 RMS is costing some thing like Rs 9500/- with bill and warranty
and for a pioneer amp of approx same power out put its about 16k . i was just wondering why is this huge difference ?

How are boss amp's and are they recommended ?

Also for a small car amps like JBL CS60.4 is enough for decent punch and sound clarity .

Boss is total Crap, ask any expert and they will ask you to stay away from any of that. Pricol components are nothing but Xenos, which is again nothing great. I had seen one dealer with some Kicker 4" compos few days ago. Those will be much better.
There is no comparison between JBL and Boss both are Poles apart in performance.
JBL CS60.4 is a decent amp for the price. Whether it delivers enough punch or not is upto one's ears.

Agree with Blueraven regarding the Boss. Stay away, as you can do better than that!

4" Speaker options :

JBL 427 (co-axial)
Image Dynamics - 4" co-axial
Kicker 4" that Raven has mentioned are also decent.

Avoid the Xenos/Pricol components.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 367047)
Boss is total Crap, ask any expert and they will ask you to stay away from any of that. Pricol components are nothing but Xenos, which is again nothing great. I had seen one dealer with some Kicker 4" compos few days ago. Those will be much better.

finally got hold of kicker 4" components
model number is ES -42

Kicker ES42 4" ES Series Component System, 40W £43.99 Kicker, Sextons Direct