Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 9th November 2019, 22:23   #31
BHPian

Default Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Any recommendations for Nexon XM? I want the existing reversing sensors to work and the HU should just need power and connectivity to existing connectors
gharika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2019, 12:36   #32
BHPian

Default Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadav View Post
There is a brand called Joying. They don't seem to be popular in Indian Market. Based on my research, they are one of the few innovative companies in this field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlide View Post
I am considering to get an android HU as well for our Ertiga (2014 model). I would like to know some details on which model and specs I should be looking at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Any recommendations for Nexon XM? I want the existing reversing sensors to work and the HU should just need power and connectivity to existing connectors
I have been looking at the Dasaita models on AliExpress, they seem to have excellent reviews there and on Youtube, and even make custom dash trims for international cars like the Civic, Polo etc. Does anyone have any experience with using them?

Looking to install this in a 2016 Scoripio S10. A 10.2 inch screen with Android Auto and Apple Carplay would be excellent, space shouldn't be an issue as it has a floating display design where it slightly protrudes from the dash - so the existing trim should work OK. I believe the Scorpio and most other Indian cars (Maruti Suzuki etc) use ISO connectors, so this should be quite straightforward plug and play.

Opinions welcome on this. Thanks.
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote